Government usurpation of authority during the Covid 19 PANIC.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Decide

• Total voters
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Who's voting for Holcomb?

I plan on sending him a message, my own self. I see this as being very similar to when Democrats lost Congress after the Assault Weapon Ban of 94. We need to vote every single one of these sons of *****es out. Dick (Lugar) them. Joe Donnelly was only in office one term, and accomplished jack squat. The Governor of Indiana is only there four, and there is a Republican Majority. It's not personal Eric. You are simply non-essential.

There's a principle at play here, and if we don't get it right the first run-through, we are going to live our lives like this permanently from now on. Viruses are not going to go away, and the response that was deployed this time is going to become as automatic as calling for Federal disaster relief after a Hurricane, if we don't raise major hell about this. This needs to be made very, very painful on the Governors this time. Talking using crushed glass, icy-hot and tabasco. I suspect Holcomb is assuming Indiana is safely-enough Red to protect him. We need to put that assumption in serious play, and deposit him squarely on his seat. If politicians see the citizens of a Red State like Indiana do that, it's going to scare the crackers out of the ones in the Barney Dinosaur Purple ones.

So who will you vote for?

Holcomb is unopposed in the primary. Are you going to vote for the democrat? Third party? Because neither of those choices will gain us any additional liberty.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I’m not wearing a mask (bye bye Costco and Menards), I’m not doing their DNA robbing test, and I’m damn well not going to take their vaccine.

I’ll get my immunity the old fashioned way, got my zinc and quinine ready if I need it.

These stores (in general) cant even enforce 10 items or less. How in the hell will they enforce this? They have no backbone.

Quaratining healthy people is tyranny.

+11

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    So who will you vote for?

Holcomb is unopposed in the primary. Are you going to vote for the democrat? Third party? Because neither of those choices will gain us any additional liberty.

I can only speak for myself, but I’ll vote libertarian, I realize that increases the odds for a Democrat governor, but oh well, I’d rather see a Democrat than a RINO that follows the lead of Michigan and Illinois. At least people would be vigilant, and awake.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

I plan on sending him a message, my own self. I see this as being very similar to when Democrats lost Congress after the Assault Weapon Ban of 94. We need to vote every single one of these sons of *****es out. Dick (Lugar) them. Joe Donnelly was only in office one term, and accomplished jack squat. The Governor of Indiana is only there four, and there is a Republican Majority. It's not personal Eric. You are simply non-essential.

There's a principle at play here, and if we don't get it right the first run-through, we are going to live our lives like this permanently from now on. Viruses are not going to go away, and the response that was deployed this time is going to become as automatic as calling for Federal disaster relief after a Hurricane, if we don't raise major hell about this. This needs to be made very, very painful on the Governors this time. Talking using crushed glass, icy-hot and tabasco. I suspect Holcomb is assuming Indiana is safely-enough Red to protect him. We need to put that assumption in serious play, and deposit him squarely on his seat. If politicians see the citizens of a Red State like Indiana do that, it's going to scare the crackers out of the ones in the Barney Dinosaur Purple ones.

Saw an article highlighting how amazed and proud of themselves Fauci and brix were at how they were able to shut all this down the country in a lighter moment of reflection for them with reporters.

They will be back to the well for every variation of flu they can find...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I can only speak for myself, but I’ll vote libertarian, I realize that increases the odds for a Democrat governor, but oh well, I’d rather see a Democrat than a RINO that follows the lead of Michigan and Illinois. At least people would be vigilant, and awake.

It just doesn't work that way, that only reduces our power and increases our opponents...

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    It would believe in freedom twice as much, had Hillary been elected.

via Imgflip Meme Generator

5996ab02f69dfaa4ed831a7f76865fab--movie-quotes-outfit-ideas.jpg

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

Does the fact that Holcomb diverged from the plans of Michigan, Illinois, Kentucky and Ohio count for nothing?

I have criticism of Holcomb for some aspects of how this was handled, but he is doing the right things now to get the state back open. One can't just pretend that isn't happening.

Could he have rolled back the SIP order a few weeks sooner? Prossibly. Could he have shrugged the whole thing off and kept the state fully open the whole time? Unlikely.

Whether we want to admit it or not, whether we like it or not, there are political aspects at play in all of these decisions. Voting for a Libertarian candidate might feel good, but it does.nothing to actually advance liberty until there is a candidate that people have actually heard of.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    These stores (in general) cant even enforce 10 items or less. How in the hell will they enforce this? They have no backbone.

By putting a 17 or 18 year old girl on the door. What are you going to do? Throw her to the floor and walk on.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

That's how Michigan and Illinois end up with the leadership you don't like your RINO's appearing to follow. How much worse will it be if you get a Whitmer of your very own. I get that every national election is always 'not the time' for a Libertarian, but maybe get your own house in order first by electing supporters at the local and congressional level and determining precisely what your candidates stand for. Appealing to conservatives with an honest accounting of which conservative policies a Libertarian is willing to support and which progressive policies he will feel it necessary to support would also be nice. So would recognition that even as popular as Perot was, the primary result of his campaigns put Clinton in the white house and kept him there; and Perot was a high water mark.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

+11

DeWine backed off of requiring customers to wear masks primarily because businesses told him they didn't want to be put in the position of having to enforce that law and they believed it to be unconstitutional anyway

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    It was rapidly approaching happening time. They had better move forward now.

The frog is feeling the heat and kicking its legs.

shenanigans-ive-had-it-up-to-here-with-them-4870907.png

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    Marion
    I am just a bit more ticked at my Church for knucking under, than I am at the gubmint violating God'sCommandment to assemble.

Swat teams sent to Churches would not be a good optic for politicians.

I'm with you 100%, Tom. My church also knuckled under, but we're probably a lot more tech-savvy than most denominations so our entire state conference was able to transition to online worship and interaction pretty seamlessly. That having been said & done, I'm agitating for my congregation to fully reopen our church this weekend.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    Marion
    It is an interesting proposition that just the fear of an invisible virus is enough to get people to give up their autonomy to control their lives, tattle to authorities of petty violations, and become volunteers in a brown short effort.

People typically fear and even hate what they cannot see or understand. This is a scientific tyranny that is taking the lessons of the last 250 years and weaponizing it to use against us. George Orwell's '1984' was supposed to be a cautionary tale, not an instruction manual!

An aggravating factor is that the statists have overtaken our educational institutions and the last 3 generations of Americans have had the spirit of 1776 re-educated out of them. Only the few of us whose love for liberty runs deep in our veins have been immune to that indoctrination.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    Marion
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/he...s-happened-before/ar-BB13wAe0?ocid=spartanntp

From the coronavirus thread was this gem of an article. The arrogance dripping in the writing is of an elite that thinks the world revolves around them and they have every right to restrict others to if "experts" say to...

Instead of wiping out Covid-19, societies may instead learn to live with it. Cities would slowly open and some freedoms will be returned, but on a short leash, if experts' recommendations are followed. Testing and physical tracing will become part of our lives in the short term, but in many countries, an abrupt instruction to self-isolate could come at any time. Treatments may be developed -- but outbreaks of the disease could still occur each year, and the global death toll would continue to tick upwards.

This is the end-goal of this PLANdemic engineered crisis. Watch for more refernces by the elites to TEST-TRACK-VACCINATE. I don't know how any of you feel about vaccines, but over 25 years ago I was given vaccines and I would have adverse reactions to those jabs each and every time. I resolved by the age of 25 to never EVER take another jab, not even seasonal flu vax, and my health has been the better for it! I can count on one hand the number of times I've been sick without vaccines as opposed to routinely being sick with them.

That being said, this TEST-TRACK-VACCINATE scheme is not just a scam to increase the wealth & power of Big Pharma, it's a killshot. I mean this sincerely, not a threat but a promise. Anyone who comes at me with a needle to forcibly inject me against my will is gonna get an injection too. "JUST THE TIP, I PROMISE"!

patriot-micro-chip-for-commies-png.5686

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    Marion

I for one wouldn't be caught DEAD voting for Holcomb. Hell, I didn't vote for him the 1st time. I voted for the other Republican. I don't cotton to a RINO who treats our inalienable Rights the way a commiecrat does. And I agree, we need to nip this nonsense in the bud RFN or this BS will become "the new normal".

The answer to 1984 is 1776, but if not 1776 then the answer to 1984 is 9-11-1973.
    38204b7788b55ab1.png

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    Marion
    Does the fact that Holcomb diverged from the plans of Michigan, Illinois, Kentucky and Ohio count for nothing?

I have criticism of Holcomb for some aspects of how this was handled, but he is doing the right things now to get the state back open. One can't just pretend that isn't happening.

Could he have rolled back the SIP order a few weeks sooner? Prossibly. Could he have shrugged the whole thing off and kept the state fully open the whole time? Unlikely.

Whether we want to admit it or not, whether we like it or not, there are political aspects at play in all of these decisions. Voting for a Libertarian candidate might feel good, but it does.nothing to actually advance liberty until there is a candidate that people have actually heard of.

Tyranny lite is still tyranny. And voting for 'the lesser of two evils' is still evil. If people would shatter the mind-prison that is the two-party narrative and realize that libertarianism doesn't mean the party you disfavor automatically wins, then we would all be a lot freer a lot sooner.

066c34bff4b2186d.jpg

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Well, the good thing is that you have only one vote. Any D will be worse than Holcomb.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    Marion
    There's that old statist trope: 'any vote other than the duopoly of tyrants is a wasted vote', or alternately, 'any vote other than for (my party) splits the vote and allows the party I hate to win'.

I say a pox on both houses. Tyranny advances as easily under a GOP tyrant as it does under a commiecrat. The post-9/11 police state was erected under a purely GOP government. Holcomb is a Republican, and yet he is the one who violated the Constitution and deprived the Rights of all Hoosiers under color of law (which btw is a felony - a federal offense!) and the vast majority of Republicans are conservatives in name only. I will not play everyone's silly two-party games.

79f709d79ef15d6e.jpg

463505049599d3c2.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom