• ...and so much more!
  • jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    If we're are talking tax changes, let's do this.

The Indiana government may only raise revenue from the citizens and residents of the State by one means. That means must be equally apportioned to each citizen by equal amounts per divisions of one hundred. It shall be permissible to set a floor or threshold such that citizens with means below the threshold are not compelled to contribute to the State's revenue. No citizen shall be afforded methods to reduce their burden to the revenue of the State relative to
    other citizens. All provisions authorizing any other tax or revenue generation for the State shall be repealed four years from the date of ratification of this Amendment. No other tax, fee, charge, or any other method of raising revenue from a citizen or resident of this State shall be permissible four years after ratification of this
    Amendment. This Amendment has no effect upon county or local unit of government taxation authorized by the legislature, but the State shall encourage each unit to only have one means of raising revenue.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Have any of the candidates said anything about 2nd amendment, and other freedom/rights topics? Just curious. It's obviously an important topic to most here.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I imagine they all have some blurb somewhere

Defend our Constitutional Rights​

The Constitution protects our God-given rights to live our lives and raise our families as we choose. The rights of law-abiding gun owners, the freedom to practice our religion, and the rights of parents to protect their children from leftist ideology are under attack. Mike Braun will never waver when it comes to defending every Hoosier’s rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    And WIBC is still airing Schreve's lie of an ad stating an NRA A rating.

I want to like Braun, but he's voted to raise so many taxes and the spending spree bills in DC I'm not sure I can in good conscience vote for him. Not much better (viable) alternative (Rainwater - voted for him last time) available.

Is Braun really the least of the evils presented?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    And WIBC is still airing Schreve's lie of an ad stating an NRA A rating.

I want to like Braun, but he's voted to raise so many taxes and the spending spree bills in DC I'm not sure I can in good conscience vote for him. Not much better (viable) alternative (Rainwater - voted for him last time) available.

Is Braun really the least of the evils presented?
    Which ones?

CPAC has him rated as 100% conservative votes in 2022, and 93% for his time in the Senate. They list Budget and taxes as one of his strongest issues
    1711675713381.png

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    A coworker was informing me yesterday that on Reddit it has become "a thing" for the communists to organize an effort to vote in the Republican primary against Braun. He was reading the comments, and the communists apparently consider him next to Satan. Lots of comments of "I've already ordered my mail in ballot", "we have to stop Braun from being elected" etc.

Probably the best advertisement Braun could get from my perspective.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    What about lieutenant gov? Does Indiana vote for that position or is it a team when voting for gov? I ask because new to Indiana and hearing chatter about voting for lieutenant gov.

philo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Peoples Republic of Bloomington
    I didn't vote for Braun for senate and I won't vote for him for governor.

In some ways he's very conservative, in other ways he's very closely aligned with progressive activists - you know the kind that cost us millions of dollars of tax money and a couple years wasted in fighting I69 after it was already a done deal. He's entirely too "friendly" with the indiana forest alliance and the hoosier environmental council.

I won't be surprised if he's the republican candidate and wins the governor's race, but I also won't be surprised if he turns all the state forests into state parks and guts the indiana division of forestry.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I didn't vote for Braun for senate and I won't vote for him for governor.

In some ways he's very conservative, in other ways he's very closely aligned with progressive activists - you know the kind that cost us millions of dollars of tax money and a couple years wasted in fighting I69 after it was already a done deal. He's entirely too "friendly" with the indiana forest alliance and the hoosier environmental council.

I won't be surprised if he's the republican candidate and wins the governor's race, but I also won't be surprised if he turns all the state forests into state parks and guts the indiana division of forestry.
    So who then?

Top Bottom