• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    #14 or darker welding shades will work. Mine weren't dark enough, so I ordered actual eclipse glasses.

We're driving with some friends of the family on sunday down to Sparta, IL and camping in their yard. I don't trust the roads on monday, a couple accidents and I think they will be parking lots. Plan to be self-sufficient with a full tank of gas too, who knows how long it will take to get home afterwards.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I am like an hour from Hopkinsville, ON the totality line, but have given up going there. They are expecting 100,000 folks or so. hotel rooms are booked solid at $499/night w/ a 2 night minimum. I am gonna hit someplace more rural near the TN border.

chemteach

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Plymouth
    I,m going down to Evansville. Booked a room months ago for a normal price and don't anticipate Indiana backroads being too busy. Won't see 100 % totality from there, but pretty close to it. Already have some good eclipse glasses. Should be a good time. Actually all of Indiana should have a pretty cool partial.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I am like an hour from Hopkinsville, ON the totality line, but have given up going there. They are expecting 100,000 folks or so. hotel rooms are booked solid at $499/night w/ a 2 night minimum. I am gonna hit someplace more rural near the TN border.

I just checked Vox to see what it will look like down at the farm...It looks pretty good...Said I would have to travel 65 miles Southwest to see total and there is no way I want to be on the Western Kentucky Parkway that day....The most desolate interstate in the east will be a parking lot I bet....

pilotof727s

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2014
    New Palestine
    Delta flight 2664 from Portland to Atlanta will have a great view.

dl2466.jpg.838x0_q80.jpg

caulfieldian

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 4, 2012
    West of Indy
    I'll be in Hopkinsville scuba diving. Camping at the quarry for 5 bucks per person per night...the only problem will be taking a selfie underwater with an SBR. I don't have an underwater camera!

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    Weather is looking good so far on the extended forecast for IL and KY. Anyone that can get to totality should make the effort - Even 99% is 10,000 times brighter than totality. And you can look at the corona without shades for a brief time. I'm really excited. It has been 100 years since something like this has happened in the USA, and there's no guarantee of weather during the next one here in 2024.

Top Bottom