• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    For those of us that live in SoIN, I bet you are getting tired about hearing about this solar event.

Watch in rain on Monday. Boo-freakin-hoo

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The bus is DEPARTING from NE IN and going to smack dab in the middle of no where. I want to know where it is leaving from.

On another note, the hotels in the path are price gouging. SMH...
    I used my rewards points a year ago when it first hit the headlines and booked a room for "free" for two nites in Franklin, KY. No gouging for me as my reservation has been in place now for 300+ days :rockwoot:But dear God if they bump me there will be hell to pay. I'll rip that Hilton Honors Amex up and avoid their brand like the plague. (except to spend the remaining quarter million points or so)

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I bought 25 pairs from Amazon for $9. They look good, can barely see a cloud covered sun. Way better then my welding helmet. I will be handing them out at work.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    We live in a world in which any successful attempt to make something foolproof will result in the genesis of a better fool.

When you think you've read the most moronic line of reasoning in the history of mankind, think again. Something like that essay will rear it's mentally deficient head.

It's painful.

First we're a-holes for bringing people from Africa to this country, then we're a-holes for not bringing enough to have them evenly distributed along the line of the eclipse. We can't win.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I took the fam down to franklin, ky for the total eclipse.

Not a cloud in the sky. It. Was. AMAZEBALLS!!!!

Words cannot do it justice. If you have an opportunity to travel to see a total, DOOO EEEEEEET!!!!!

even looking at the pictures online, they don't have the same impact as seeing it yourself. So powerful.

We hung out at the outdoor pool at the hotel, swimming, and taking breaks to look up w the glasses and our cereal box viewers. We got to see the cool crescent shadows under the trees.

The whole experience was the epitome of surreal. Especially when the birds/bugs you only see/hear after 7 started flying around/buzzing as if it were dusk. They were as confused as a baby in a strip club.

And sooo glad we booked a second night to travel home tomorrow after the rush. Traffic outbound was unbelievable bumper to bumper for hours afterward.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I took the fam down to franklin, ky for the total eclipse.

Not a cloud in the sky. It. Was. AMAZEBALLS!!!!

Words cannot do it justice. If you have an opportunity to travel to see a total, DOOO EEEEEEET!!!!!... And sooo glad we booked a second night to travel home tomorrow after the rush. Traffic outbound was unbelievable bumper to bumper for hours afterward.

The big black hole in the sky was awesome in its truest meaning. Lizard brain did not like it.

I drove secondary state highways and had zero traffic. Sat in a small park in the center of Adairville, ky with only 50 or so folks. Chair neighbors were from Camby which was cool. When I left in the morning I saw traffic already backed up on Hwy 41. On the way home, the same easy driving whike hearing reports that the Pennyrile was a parking lot.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    My wife and I drove just south of Bowling Green Kentucky. Absolutely no traffic OR clouds. We pulled into a church parking lot with one other car. They didn't have eclipse glasses, so I gave them my spare two sets. They were a little shocked that I did not want money for them. During the TOTAL part of the eclipse, we watched the moon TOTALLY block out the sun with our naked eyes - that was the most amazing thing. It ended up being a twelve hour day, and $50 in fuel, but it was worth it.

Top Bottom