• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I was attempting to frame you. But it turned out you were a honest person.
    Ha.

Honestly though they're pretty worthless for any kind of practical use, and I'm not convinced the homebrews and wish.com specials are safe.

Right now I'm waiting on the homies to discover the Super Safety for their Dracos and AR pistols.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I also. Without a stock it climbs to heaven. Cyclic rate is around 1000. Burns through a 30 round mag in like a second, making a beautiful rainbow of brass in the air.
    Even with a stock they are barely manageable for more than a few shots.. Personally I wouldn't sweat a thug that has one. In the hands of the untrained they are, as CM said, for the most part deadly for those on the second or third floor.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Ive got trigger time behind an G18. I can confirm that by the time you get to the 4th round, you're done. Maybe with lots of practice I could do better, but yeah. rounds 5+? Look out 2nd floor residents. LOL
    I've fired one with a switch on it and it wasn't particularly controllable. I think with a lot of practice, it could become manageable. I just didn't know what to expect at all and then the magazine was empty. The second mag was slightly better after I knew what was coming.

Reactions: JAL

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Last time i heard that statement was i think back in the 80s when those bank robbers were fully outfitted in armor with machineguns. Believe it was in LA California
    That was the 1997 "Battle of North Hollywood" during which over 2000 rounds were fired. Neither of the two perps survived it. Over a dozen wounded with enormous destruction of property. Police got long arms and ammunition for them from a local gun store.

When that one went down, the local news recalled the events of the 1980 Norco Shootout, another bank robbery with five very determined perps that ran on into a multi-day pursuit of them from Riverside County into San Bernardino County where they ambushed pursuing law enforcement. One of the five was killed at/near the bank. Three of the remaining four were captured a couple days later and the last one committed suicide.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Was he out of silly putty?, I guess he didn’t have any jb weld or modeling clay!
    3D Printer -- very crudely programmed. Some of the others he was arrested with are the ones made from machined metal on CNC machines that look like factory components. They aren't that difficult to make with a modest CNC machine and prints for the parts. The component parts are small. For those, the expensive thing is the CNC machine. The plastic ones made with 3D printers are typically quite crude and generally don't last very long as they're not sturdy enough.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    I've fired one with a switch on it and it wasn't particularly controllable. I think with a lot of practice, it could become manageable. I just didn't know what to expect at all and then the magazine was empty. The second mag was slightly better after I knew what was coming.
    I've fired both the M14 and M16A1 full auto. Neither are that controllable to hold onto a half silhouette size military target 25 meters downrange after the 3rd round -- much less at longer distances. The M16A2 with 3-round burst has a crappy trigger, the pull of which varies as it cycles around the funky burst mechanism. Rock-n-roll mode isn't useful for much other than burning up excess ammunition to avoid turning it back in to an ammo supply point, which required more than one soldier painfully counting each round by hand at least twice -- and more times if the first two counts differed.

Last edited:

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I've fired both the M14 and M16A1 full auto. Neither are that controllable to hold onto a silhouette size target 25 meters downrange after the 3rd round -- much less longer distances. The M16A2 with 3-round burst has a crappy trigger and funky mechanism for the burst. I never found rock-n-roll mode to be useful for much other than burning up excess ammunition to avoid turning it back in to an ammo supply point, which required more than one soldier painfully counting each round by hand at least twice -- and more times if the first two counts differed.

The only other automatic firearm I've shot was an MP5 I was issued about fifteen years ago. It was pretty manageable. It had three round burst, which I liked. We went to semi-auto ARs later and I don't miss the MP5 at all.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    That's why there are so many casualties when the thug dumps a full extended magazine at someone in a crowd. It hits the intended target and those in the immediate vicinity.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    That's why there are so many casualties when the thug dumps a full extended magazine at someone in a crowd. It hits the intended target and those in the immediate vicinity.
    I heard that at one point in history (not sure if its still true) but you are statistically more likely to be shot as a bystander during a drive-by than the actual target of the drive by.

rbhargan

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    Any data on how much range time your average hood rat spends each month, practicing with their switched gat? :shoot:

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    I heard that at one point in history (not sure if its still true) but you are statistically more likely to be shot as a bystander during a drive-by than the actual target of the drive by.
    The thugs don't care if they hit bystanders. It's all about demonstrating their power and adds to it.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    3D Printer -- very crudely programmed. Some of the others he was arrested with are the ones made from machined metal on CNC machines that look like factory components. They aren't that difficult to make with a modest CNC machine and prints for the parts. The component parts are small. For those, the expensive thing is the CNC machine. The plastic ones made with 3D printers are typically quite crude and generally don't last very long as they're not sturdy enough.
    Yup, PLA isn't strong enough to be rammed into a trigger bar over and over by the slide. Even the stronger filaments won't hold up.

But it costs less than a dollar to make, so does it matter?

Top Bottom