• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bret615

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2014
    Colfax
    I've recently started thinking about getting into GSSF or IDPA. I haven't shot a whole lot of handguns in my past, but really wanting to start. You all have peaked an interest and I look forward to giving it a try. I've heard of GSSF match at Eagle Creek is this true. I think it is a little closer to me than ACC.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    It used to be at Eagle creek, but they chose not to continue hosting the match 2 years ago. ACC will be the Indiana match going forward.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I've recently started thinking about getting into GSSF or IDPA. I haven't shot a whole lot of handguns in my past, but really wanting to start. You all have peaked an interest and I look forward to giving it a try. I've heard of GSSF match at Eagle Creek is this true. I think it is a little closer to me than ACC.

Have you checked into Wildcat Valley Wildcat Valley Rifle & Pistol Club - USPSA / Steel / Multi-Gun might be closer.

pdg45acp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Kokomo
    We Have an official name for the match - "The Hoosier State Regional Classic XVII" July 19 & 20, 2014. Rob has won so many Glocks he should GIVE Jake one !
    Thanks to my buddy Jim Harlan for suggesting I go after this match ! Last count i think Jim has 37 Glocks too !
    JWO
    ACC BOD/ Membership Director

Love the name of that match, It's the 17th State Regional Classic.

If you win here do you go to the 18th National Local Sectional or the North American World Nationals?

I'll be shooting my G17 in that ACC GSSF Match

Last edited:

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Where can I find some information concerning the glock match?

Glock Sport Shooting Foundation

That has the rulebook and such.

The really short version:

The match day itself is pretty simple. Show up sometime before noon, pick your divisions, pay the fee and go. The format is open in the sense that after you sign in, you go to whatever stage you want to shoot first and get in the queue. Shoot it, then go to whatever stage you want to do next, and repeat. They typically have dedicated staff on each stage. (but you still should help paste)

There are 3 stages: Glock 'M, 5 to Glock and Glock the Plates. (cheesy names, yes) There are variations on each, but the theme for each is more or less the same. All are low ready start.

5 To Glock: 5 paper targets at varying distances, typically 5-25 yds. 2 each. Make up shots on paper are a penalty. 3 strings, all 3 count.
    Glock M: 4 paper targets, 1 steel. Make ups on paper are a penalty, shoot the steel til' it falls. 3 strings, all 3 count.
    Glock the Plates: Plate rack at 11yds. Shoot 'em til they fall. 4 strings, all 4 count.

Accuracy is a BFD. It's time plus scoring and Charlie hits are penalized at a full second each. Deltas, 3 seconds each.

As far as gear goes, the gun has to be a Glock that is essentially stock for all divisions but open. You can change the sights, but that's about it. In Open, it still has to be a Glock-based gun, but you can run reddots, compensators, and all that fun stuff.

Last edited:

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    GSSF membership is $35 (annual, initial membership, lower rates for renewal or multiple years).

I checked the GSSF website and it looks like there is one match in IN and two in KY.

How much is the match fee (excluding the GSSF membership)?

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Robs got it right except for Glock M. Supposed to knock the steel over but can be substituted with a steel hanger. Just gotta hit the steel on those. Better to ask the RO before starting on what they use. (Or watch the guys in front if you since you are here I help paste targets anyways).

Archerguy1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Alexandria Indiana
    This will be a question that will have most people on the forum board shaking their head at me but I have to ask , I have never been to or shot any type of competition and have been reading the rules and every thing I can find, but one thing I need help with, in the safety area it say's you can handle your gun but not ammo, so where do you load your mags at? This is one thing that has me scratching my head and please forgive a newbie. I plan on going as one of the days is my birthday.....Happy Birthday to me

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Archerguy1

Magazines can generally be loaded anywhere away from the firing line except in the designated safe area but your gun must remain holstered or in it's case or closed bag. At any GSSF match your gun must remain holstered or cased until instructed by the Range Officer to un-holster or remove it from the case/bag at the firing line. If you need to handle your firearm for any reason when not at the firing line and under the orders of the Range Officer this can only be done in the designated,"Safe Area", and in that area no loaded firearms or handling of magazines or ammunition is permitted. Any handling of a firearm outside of the Safe Area or when at the firing line and instructed to do so by the Range Officer is an instant disqualification and will also get you expelled from the facility. All GSSF matches are conducted under,"Cold Range", rules. The rules are available on the GSSF website. On the website under registration there is a place to click that says new competitors brief that will pretty much answer any questions you might have.

Link to GSSF: Glock Sport Shooting Foundation C

Last edited:

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Volunteers?

Not sure what to expect this year. In past years when this match was held at the Eagle Creek range a call for volunteers to help set up on Friday and for Range Officers for the match on Sat. & Sun. was posted on here months in advance. The person that ran that match so well for so many years and was largely responsible for bringing GSSF to Indy is no longer involved I guess. Thanks for your hard work for all those years Steve S.! :rockwoot:So I am not sure if the folks at ACC plan to garner volunteers from their own club or have put out a call for volunteers elsewhere that I have not seen. I do know that it takes a rather large contingent of worker bees to host the approximately 350 or so competitors that this match has had in recent years. I also know that there are about two dozen or so of us that have several years or more of experience conducting a GSSF match and I would think that the new hosts would be anxious to tap that experience. We shall see. I do plan to be there and shoot in two or three categories. :)

sellersdw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Hoping to make it to Atlanta for my first GSSF match. I was looking at the registration form and don't fully understand it. I have a stock 19 & 26 and without a doubt would be amateur. So here is my guess on filling it out:
    • Amateur Civilian 19 & 26 ($25)
    • Amateur Sub-compact 26 ($25)
    • Amateur Competition 19 & 26 ($25)
    So I pay $75 or $125, $25 for each gun in each class. Also, do I shoot each gun only once at each station and apply my score to each class or do I shoot each station 5 times (taking turns) and call which class I am doing before I start. Thanks for any insight those who have experience can share.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Hoping to make it to Atlanta for my first GSSF match. I was looking at the registration form and don't fully understand it. I have a stock 19 & 26 and without a doubt would be amateur. So here is my guess on filling it out:
    • Amateur Civilian 19 & 26 ($25)
    • Amateur Sub-compact 26 ($25)
    • Amateur Competition 19 & 26 ($25)
    So I pay $75 or $125, $25 for each gun in each class. Also, do I shoot each gun only once at each station and apply my score to each class or do I shoot each station 5 times (taking turns) and call which class I am doing before I start. Thanks for any insight those who have experience can share.

You'd only enter each division once, so $75.

Top Bottom