• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Who Dares Wins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Plainfield
    Hoping to make it to Atlanta for my first GSSF match. I was looking at the registration form and don't fully understand it. I have a stock 19 & 26 and without a doubt would be amateur. So here is my guess on filling it out:
    • Amateur Civilian 19 & 26 ($25)
    • Amateur Sub-compact 26 ($25)
    • Amateur Competition 19 & 26 ($25)
    So I pay $75 or $125, $25 for each gun in each class. Also, do I shoot each gun only once at each station and apply my score to each class or do I shoot each station 5 times (taking turns) and call which class I am doing before I start. Thanks for any insight those who have experience can share.

I am thinking it used to be $25 per entry, so that would be $125, unless the rules have changed. You would also only shoot two entries at a time before making way for someone else, so you would line up at each stage 3 times for 5 entries. If you pick 4 entries it would speed you up. Max 2x per time in the line allows everyone to get some shooting in without a long wait at each stage, as it spreads people out a bit. If you only want to shoot 2 entries you can get through more quickly without having to wait on people shooting higher numbers of entries with multiple Glock models.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Muncie
    Rob377;481 [URL="http://gssfonline.com/" said:
    Shooting Foundation[/URL]

That has the rulebook and such.

The really short version:

The match day itself is pretty simple. Show up sometime before noon, pick your divisions, pay the fee and go. The format is open in the sense that after you sign in, you go to whatever stage you want to shoot first and get in the queue. Shoot it, then go to whatever stage you want to do next, and repeat. They typically have dedicated staff on each stage. (but you still should help paste)

I pre registered yesterday to save some money and hassle. So there isnt a pre match safety meeting or anything I need to attend? I can show up in the AM at my leisure?
    Another thing I didn't notice posted was magazine capacity. I have a 21 and a 30, several 21 mags but only 2 G30 mags. I have ordered two more G30 mags; hoping to have them before Saturday. If they dont get here in time can I use the 21 mags in my smaller pistol? Shooting the G30 in subcompact division.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Have not been to one in years, last time at Eagle Creek. I once entered and competed a long time ago in Winnimac IN, came in third place for that day in "General Glocking", yea right, until the fourth guy showed up and shot...............anyway had fun, can I just drop by and buy Glock swag and or parst I need a #3 Glock 9mm follower.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I will be there shooting my Glock 26 for the first time in any competition and not looking foreward to 25 yard shots. So, unlike IDPA that I shoot at ACC I don't have to worry about being there on time for a mandatory shooters meeting? Jim.

G7.

SteelShooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    WYOMING; SOMEDAY...
    Another thing I didn't notice posted was magazine capacity. I have a 21 and a 30, several 21 mags but only 2 G30 mags. I have ordered two more G30 mags; hoping to have them before Saturday. If they dont get here in time can I use the 21 mags in my smaller pistol? Shooting the G30 in subcompact division.

Yes. The key is to have 11 rounds MAX in the gun at each start time. (You will only 10 on 5tG, and 9 (unless you miss the popper) on GM, but having the 11th gives you one spare for administrative ease, in case a reload (the ammo, not the action) causes a problem, etc.)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Muncie
    Yes. The key is to have 11 rounds MAX in the gun at each start time. (You will only 10 on 5tG, and 9 (unless you miss the popper) on GM, but having the 11th gives you one spare for administrative ease, in case a reload (the ammo, not the action) causes a problem, etc.)

Gotcha. Thanks for the help. That takes some pressure off my anticipated delivery.

Now could someone help with arrival time for the pre registered? 04fxsts question is similar to mine. Shooters meeting?

Can't wait; this should be a great time!

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    Gotcha. Thanks for the help. That takes some pressure off my anticipated delivery.

Now could someone help with arrival time for the pre registered? 04fxsts question is similar to mine. Shooters meeting?

Can't wait; this should be a great time!

There is no shooters meeting and you can show up and register at any time between 9am and 2pm. There is no specific start time, you start when you sign up and shoot as you wish.

redwingshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Greenwood
    Glock Sport Shooting Foundation

That has the rulebook and such.

The really short version:

The match day itself is pretty simple. Show up sometime before noon, pick your divisions, pay the fee and go. The format is open in the sense that after you sign in, you go to whatever stage you want to shoot first and get in the queue. Shoot it, then go to whatever stage you want to do next, and repeat. They typically have dedicated staff on each stage. (but you still should help paste)

There are 3 stages: Glock 'M, 5 to Glock and Glock the Plates. (cheesy names, yes) There are variations on each, but the theme for each is more or less the same. All are low ready start.

5 To Glock: 5 paper targets at varying distances, typically 5-25 yds. 2 each. Make up shots on paper are a penalty. 3 strings, all 3 count.
    Glock M: 4 paper targets, 1 steel. Make ups on paper are a penalty, shoot the steel til' it falls. 3 strings, all 3 count.
    Glock the Plates: Plate rack at 11yds. Shoot 'em til they fall. 4 strings, all 4 count.

Accuracy is a BFD. It's time plus scoring and Charlie hits are penalized at a full second each. Deltas, 3 seconds each.

As far as gear goes, the gun has to be a Glock that is essentially stock for all divisions but open. You can change the sights, but that's about it. In Open, it still has to be a Glock-based gun, but you can run reddots, compensators, and all that fun stuff.

Forgive my noobishness to competitive shooting lingo but what are "Charlie hits" and "Deltas"?

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    nra-d1-with-gssf-scoring.jpg

sellersdw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Made it out to Atlanta for a great day of shooting at the GSSF match today. As always the Atlanta team runs a great match, no matter what the format. This was my first GSSF match but it won't be my last. Thanks for all the posts to help me know what to expect!

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Maybe it was just me, but it seemed like there was more down time vs shooting time as compared to a USPSA match. It could just seem more active moving around with a squad. I also only shot one classification. So I didn't do a lot of shooting.

I did buy a flashlight with the Glock logo.

S8MS-01904

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    A Carmel Roundabout
    GSSF, the new way to drink the Kool-Aid.

Start by slowly sipping on the juice (attend a local match)

Get involved (buy and wear the swag)

Pony up to the bar (purchase or borrow a "Glock" handgun to use)

Enter the Glock chamber (participate in a GSSF Match)

Drink more Kool-Aid... repeat

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Maybe it was just me, but it seemed like there was more down time vs shooting time as compared to a USPSA match. It could just seem more active moving around with a squad. I also only shot one classification. So I didn't do a lot of shooting.

I did buy a flashlight with the Glock logo.

Enter more divisions.

I'll shoot nearly 300rds in 2-3hrs at a typical GSSF match. More rds/hr than USPSA, and WAY more than IDPA.

Time does seem to go faster when you're pasting/resetting stages though, no question.

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    There were times I think an additional bay for each stage would have been nice. my :twocents:

I kind of liked the Idea of a express bay for the guys shooting 7 guns/divisions. But I do know that a few of them liked the break after 2 or three divisions again just my :twocents:

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    There were times I think an additional bay for each stage would have been nice. my :twocents:

I kind of liked the Idea of a express bay for the guys shooting 7 guns/divisions. But I do know that a few of them liked the break after 2 or three divisions again just my :twocents:

Agreed.
    With as much turnout as we had this year, I suspect next year that's how it'll go.

It still ran fairly well, given nearly 400 entries coming through.

It was good to see some new shooters getting out and competing. It was also good to see people have the opportunity to have one of the most experienced Glock armorers in the area check out their gun and get any needed parts replaced for FREE. (Jackson, I hope you took advantage of that! :):)

Glock and GSSF do a great job taking care of their customers. As much as I like steel guns, GSSF will ensure I always have a Glock or 2 or 7 in the stable.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I think that particular issue was ammo. Click and no bang with a live cartridge on the deck afterwords. I didn't inspect it for a primer strike. Maybe a missed opportinity for forensic analysis.

I didn't realize parts and service were free. So, I didn't stop by. The armorer would have been appalled at the amount of crud caked on/in my gun. Too bad there wasn't a cleaning service. :)

Top Bottom