• ...and so much more!
  • g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Nice rep, what did you say to deserve all the neg rep?
    Here's a post that probably didn't win him any popularity contests here,
    Cartmanfan15 "Just because I support gun control does not make me a liberal, just a realist. As another individual has said obviously there is something to gun control since so many cases have supported gun control. Just because we want to throw little fits and complain that the "evil" government is infringing on our rights does not make it so either. Extremists and conspiracy theorists normally take a very biased view in this type of discussion. I don't walk around thinking the government is going to break down my door, take my guns, and take away my liberties. We are the ones who give this government power so it is our own faults we are in this situation.

I.E., the Patriot Act was passed, which allowed the government to infringe on some of our rights and liberties in order for what they proposed as the greater good. We make concessions every day in order to achieve a greater good. This seems to just be another example of that
    ."

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Here's a post that probably didn't win him any popularity contests here,
    Cartmanfan15 "Just because I support gun control does not make me a liberal, just a realist. As another individual has said obviously there is something to gun control since so many cases have supported gun control. Just because we want to throw little fits and complain that the "evil" government is infringing on our rights does not make it so either. Extremists and conspiracy theorists normally take a very biased view in this type of discussion. I don't walk around thinking the government is going to break down my door, take my guns, and take away my liberties. We are the ones who give this government power so it is our own faults we are in this situation.

I.E., the Patriot Act was passed, which allowed the government to infringe on some of our rights and liberties in order for what they proposed as the greater good. We make concessions every day in order to achieve a greater good. This seems to just be another example of that
    ."

Yea, I would of hit him for that too.:D

H.T.

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Fishers -MSG 2
    Do these people even know the gun laws in Indiana? This isn't New York, Hoosiers carry bang sticks.
    I can see some problems arrising due to there ignorence of our gun laws.
    For instance them trying to takle a person OCing in Walmart.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Check out the youtube videos of the chicago guardian angels. They look like they're from an 80's cartoon about a rap group that fights crime.

I'm all for civic involvement, but I get a bad vibe off of these guys.

hi-pointfan1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Gary, IN
    Anyone thinking of joining these guys should keep in mind the amount of risk and liability you will assume. These guys are bound to get sued or hurt eventually.

Not really a matter of if more a matter of when.

I think they have very good intentions and I applaud them for that, but its a risky legal and potentially lethal game they are playing. Cops get sued, injured and killed doing the exact same thing.

Sorry, just read the article from the link:
    "In the group's first 15 years, six Guardian Angels were shot and killed, with Sliwa himself shot multiple times."

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    Controversial Crime Fighters Coming To Indy - Indiana News Story - WRTV Indianapolis

I'm not sure I would volunteer to patrol the streets, unarmed. I wonder if they do a pat down prior to walking a patrol?

They do here Japan...! (Searching each other for any weapons/self-defense devices at the start of the video)

YouTube - GUARDIAN ANGELS JAPAN ROPPONGI PATROL 2008

(Let's all laugh, point and make fun of the tool at 4:44 "checking for drugs" in some garbage on a side street... = FAIL)

The Tokyo chapter is a monkey-see, monkey-do group ("America has them, so Japan must need them too!" :rolleyes: ). With the almost non-existent street crime here in Japan (because people here have the plain common sense to NOT steal/rob/rape/murder, etc. What a bizarre concept! :dunno:) Looking at the youtube videos that the Tokyo group has posted, I am surprised I have not heard of one of them getting their heads stomped in yet,and after seeing this drivel on their Engrish web-u site-o:

"So many precious lives were lost in the Virginia Tech Massacre.

Here in Japan where guns are restricted, recent shooting incidents shocked the nation.The two fiscal years ago, we had 76 shooting cases and 489 illegal guns were seized.Guns are shabby weapons that can destroy and kill people's lives in a split second.

Guns cannot be the tools to protect ourselves. :noway: :xmad: :noway:

NO! GUNS

Curtis Sliwa, the Founder and President of Guardian Angels is among many who share pain from such gun crimes.Physical and mental sufferings continue to haunt the families and friends of victims.We have conducted a series of campaigns against gun crimes, but this tragedy made us even more determined for the effort."

...they can go fornicate themselves. Having seen several videos of them over the years, IMHO they only seem to attract douchebags, wannabe bad-asses, hall monitor types, people who want to be in a "legitimate" gang, and other kinds of individuals that I have no desire to associate with...

Last edited:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I remember many years ago when the original guardian angles started in NY it didn't take long for them to get a bad rap. Many people reported being harassed by them and compared them to a funny dressed gang. I will wait to see how they handle a city where many law abiding citizens carry guns. But I have a bad feeling about them running up against thugs that are armed.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Do these people even know the gun laws in Indiana? This isn't New York, Hoosiers carry bang sticks.
    I can see some problems arrising due to there ignorence of our gun laws.
    For instance them trying to takle a person OCing in Walmart.

I think I would look on that as a financial opportunity.

Blessings,
    Bill

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I first encountered the Guardian Angels back in the late 80s. There was a huge fight or something at Washington Square Mall. I believe the mall may have called them, as I am not sure that cops working off-duty were around back then. Anyways, they had a van with an amber strobe on it, though I think now it was more for just getting people's attention and nothing like running lights and siren. Walking though the mall, my dad must have talked to one of the guys. From what I recall, they had two groups: Adult, grown men, and younger guys (late high school, college age). The grown men stood as sentries, just keeping a presence. The younger guys were made to walk in groups, which helps with the lack of experience/maturity found in some 18-23 year olds. Their only task was to walk around and just talk/hangout and to call for one of the adults if there was trouble.

The one thing I do remember is one of the older men who was standing at one of the mall/anchor entry/exits had a handgun and he was OCing. Now maybe this guy was a police officer, and they could do that back then, not sure.

I know in today's society, these folks better be damn sure they don't violate anyone's rights. Lawsuits and criminal charges seem to be more likely today than they would be in decades past, even if the folks were acting in good faith and likely stopped something from taking place (fight, theft, etc.).

cartmanfan15

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 23, 2010
    Seymour, IN
    I got involved in a discussion about with a LTCH is unconstitutional. I am a political science major at IU so I find it interesting. People seem to think I want to take their guns, but I don't. I just think there should be some kind of regulation on who gets them.

Back to the topic, yes here in Indiana it does seem that we love to OC our guns. I do not like this as long as people have licenses for them. Seems like an unarmed group of citizens acting to protect society does not seem like it would get very far.

Son of Liberty

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    I got involved in a discussion about with a LTCH is unconstitutional. I am a political science major at IU so I find it interesting. People seem to think I want to take their guns, but I don't. I just think there should be some kind of regulation on who gets them.

Back to the topic, yes here in Indiana it does seem that we love to OC our guns. I do not like this as long as people have licenses for them. Seems like an unarmed group of citizens acting to protect society does not seem like it would get very far.

why stop there just start printing tp with the constitution on it so you can wipe your a$$ with it, as it sounds like you want to do with the second.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

Back to the topic, yes here in Indiana it does seem that we love to OC our guns. I do [STRIKE]not[/STRIKE] like this as long as people have licenses for them. Seems like an unarmed group of citizens acting to protect society does not seem like it would get very far.

Man, why don't you hold on to that for a while. You are entitled to your own opinion, but until you can reshape your argument or at least engage it in context, you will find your red bars fluctuating between one and three as long as you are here.

Anyway, I hope I corrected your statement properly, although I don't agree that a license should be necessary to carry a gun.

cartmanfan15

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 23, 2010
    Seymour, IN
    I really don't care if people give me negative rep. I am just here to help stimulate conversation, not start fights about stuff. The whole point is to have a running dialogue so that a resolution can be reached.

Son of Liberty

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    The point is that que and others are trying to make is that, while you are entitled to your opinion. Your opinion is not a popular one, you are on a gun enthuist site, it kinda goes without saying it's a gun loving place.
    That being said you have presented no real arguement, you've just stated that you would like to see laws determing, even more so than they already do, who and under what circumstances, we can have our rights.

Hard to find a resolution when the people who want us not to have guns, dont follow the rules of the constitution.
    The constitution says this, and they do another, by they I mean the whole government organization. Party is irrelavant.

More to the thread, unarmed partrolling leads to one getting one's a$$ kicked.
    More importantly is what gives them authority to do anything, ask any questions, etc etc. , not saying don't help out, but you could be asking for it, messing with folks

cartmanfan15

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 23, 2010
    Seymour, IN
    Especially in a state that allows people to OC. I think that is what people misunderstood about one of my earlier posts. I said that I did not like the idea of Guardian Angels in a state where people are allowed to open carry. Just seems like they are asking for trouble.

Top Bottom