• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    I have done nothing but use tact. Even though many people have used personal attacks in other forums, I am just here to give my objective opinions on certain matters.

Back to the point, yeah I can see where people would just be attracted to these self-appointed vigilantes. Many may just choose to try and take them out, maybe for some kind of gang initiation? I pray for those members of the Guardian Angels.

According to the dictionary, "objective" is defined as "not dependent on the mind for existence".

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Maybe it is because I don't know much about them but I don't see the difference between this & any other sort of "neighborhood watch" program.

I have no problem with this group, but for the most part, they are not patrolling their own neighborhoods. They go into other neighborhoods where their 'assistance' is needed. Also, a neighborhood watch doesn't patrol in large groups, drawing attention with their red bennies. Lastly, a neighborhood watch that does perform patrols does not disarm their volunteers.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I would agree. Nothing against them personally, just feel they are not necessary in a state like Indiana where gun laws are more lax than other states.

You just can't help yourself can you?
    Lax
    ADJECTIVE

not strict: not strict or careful enough

not tense: not tight or tense

I would have said that they are not necessary in a state like Indiana, where gun laws restrict Constitutional freedoms less than other states.

cartmanfan15

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 23, 2010
    Seymour, IN
    Sorry, decided to use a better conversation starter. I am not as hostile as many others seem to be. Saying that gun laws restrict Constitutional freedoms less than other states is saying the same thing, just in a more combative manner.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    I have no problem with this group, but for the most part, they are not patrolling their own neighborhoods. They go into other neighborhoods where their 'assistance' is needed. Also, a neighborhood watch doesn't patrol in large groups, drawing attention with their red bennies. Lastly, a neighborhood watch that does perform patrols does not disarm their volunteers.

This. :+1:

Their intentions are good, and it is admirable that they are willing to step up :yesway:, not aside :noway:, but I just don't get a warm and fuzzy feeling when looking at the folks they seem to attract, and seeing them with their little gangsta-like nicknames, as well as the they way they dress (pimpin' da' bling-bling on dey' berets an snizzits) and carry themselves. When I was a kid and they started getting press, I thought they was cools! Now, with life experience, maturity, and dare I say age :oldwise: under my belt, I just think they are mostly tools. A good concept, but very poorly executed, IMHO.

An active neighborhood watch (they have those here in Japan as well) can accomplish the same thing that the GA's can (and probably *more* because of home turf advantage/knowing the neighbors/hood, etc.), and do it without the need to play gansta' wannabe dress up.
    Besides, wearing a beret :puke: is just, well...you know..:gheyhi: :gaychase: :gheyhi: ....

:D :D :D

(Sorry :( Army...I don't make the facts, I just merely repeat them when necessary. ;) )

Top Bottom