• ...and so much more!
  • patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Before I filed my taxes, I had planned to buy four new tires and replace the windshield in my '89 suburban due to rock chips in the windshield and tires of unknown age that were on it when I bought it six years ago. I owed more than I am getting in the stimulus check so I had put those plans on hold. If and when I get my check, those are the items on my list. I will be supporting a local glass shop and a local tire dealer...not Walmart or a chain store.

Hey! Walmart writes my paycheck!

And truth be told, a lot of other paychecks in any community they have a store in. No knock on other small businesses but just because they're big does not mean they're heartless or evil.

We have some finish work left on the house. Paint and stain, some trim work , board and batten replacement on the outside of the mudroom. Little stuff necessary to Momma's nesting. Oh, and a new bbl, gas block and tube for my .308 DPMS Oracle.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

And truth be told, a lot of other paychecks in any community they have a store in. No knock on other small businesses but just because they're big does not mean they're heartless or evil.

I made a seriously good living running a 5 state area servicing the in building automation/refrigeration/HVAC systems. A few penus managers but for the most part it was very interesting. Very interesting.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Ruger 10/22 carbine with wood stock (just like God and Bill Ruger intended!!) Never owned one, Ruger has made over 5 million of them. There's probably a reason for that.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Nothing like uncle sam subsidizing a benelli M4 for you.

The only way I could ever justify paying that much for a shotgun, but I will say it's absolutely worth it if you can afford it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I made a seriously good living running a 5 state area servicing the in building automation/refrigeration/HVAC systems. A few penus managers but for the most part it was very interesting. Very interesting.

Tell me about it. I worked there at store 1518, 86th and Michigan. I was sent to Electronics (was a photo lab guy but they needed help there) I got a weird check I thought was bogus. What in the Sam Hill is a Fifth Third?!?!? That cant be a real name. So I called for a manager override. (It was also over $250) Jackwagon Assistant shows up, looks at it, and I didnt notice he didnt initial it because he forgot to; somebody asked him a question. It was also Christmas season so we were really busy.

Three weeks later I was called into the office and fired for failing to get management approval on that check. It bounced. I said that the manager approved it. (cant remember his name, but he had two first names... Michael David? ..... I think that was it. ) Anyway that smarmy bastard threw me under the bus by claiming he wasnt called to approve it when he actually did. Afterward the lady working the other register that day told management that she saw him approve it, but they wouldnt believe her. She also remembered the funny name. (5/3 had just hit town that month)

In theory I can never work for them again. Though that was 1993, so I wonder if I applied if they would even know?

Ours is going into savings until this blows over. If we have to dip into it, we will. HOpefully we can pay off some debts.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine

We have some finish work left on the house. Paint and stain, some trim work , board and batten replacement on the outside of the mudroom. Little stuff necessary to Momma's nesting. Oh, and a new bbl, gas block and tube for my .308 DPMS Oracle.

I felt that the small local guy could use my support far more than Wal-Mart in the current situation. We have a guy that has an independent shop in town that has always treated me very well. My elderly neighbor that I helped before she passed took her car there to be serviced. When I was taking it for her toward the end of her life, he often did things at no charge if it was a minor repair. I was going to go to our local Goodyear shop, but they just changed over to something else and no longer carries a brand of tires I would want to buy.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    $200 went back to .gov for a stamp on an SBR build. I used approx. $1000 to top off my emergency fund. The rest went into my house down payment fund.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Got check from feds, wrote check to the county to pay my current property rent... I mean property tax. Still came out behind.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    We’ve got property taxes, homeowners insurance, and license plates all coming due about this time. Not that we couldn’t have paid it all without it but it certainly came at a good time.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I felt that the small local guy could use my support far more than Wal-Mart in the current situation. We have a guy that has an independent shop in town that has always treated me very well. My elderly neighbor that I helped before she passed took her car there to be serviced. When I was taking it for her toward the end of her life, he often did things at no charge if it was a minor repair. I was going to go to our local Goodyear shop, but they just changed over to something else and no longer carries a brand of tires I would want to buy.

I miss that kind of service from someone that you may eventually call a friend. Just so rare here in the city as way too many a$$hats would run you over to their advantage,.

Top Bottom