• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Leave them both up, you (we) have the same rights as the people that are claiming to be "offende". I know I am so sick and tired of hearing and seeing all these people complaining about everything. And to be offended by a blue lives matter flag, I can only think these would be the same people that would get on tv and say that little Johnny was misunderstood when he held up that gas station then got into a shoot out with the police and was ultimately shot dead, you know he only had 15 convictions in the past, that he did not deserve what happened. Myself along with probably most of the people on here are saddened by what has happened in Minneapolis, and that is being felt with legally which is the right thing to do but too many asshats are using this incident to break many more laws and putting more people at risk. I would not take down anything that I put up to appease that sort of people. And if the one who put the message in your mailbox did not mail it but put it in there themselves, isn't that breaking a law, if you have security cameras and can get a plate number I would turn them in to the police,

Sorry bout the long rant just getting sick of hearing about how other people's rights should override ours.

Have a great day guys, and to the men and women of law enforcement, thankyou for the job you do everyday.

Yes it is a direct violation of 18 U.S.C., but so is not registering your vehicle and not obtaining a TN drivers license.

schmart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    Lafayette
    Hmm. A letter in your Federally approved mailbox, that didn't get there w/ approved postage... And you have video evidence? I always heard that was a federal crime. Depending on how much you want to make of it, you could send the video to the postmaster with a complaint of mailbox tampering.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Hmm. A letter in your Federally approved mailbox, that didn't get there w/ approved postage... And you have video evidence? I always heard that was a federal crime. Depending on how much you want to make of it, you could send the video to the postmaster with a complaint of mailbox tampering.

I am going to go with ignoring it for now. I am guessing they are not the brightest Crayons in the box since my suv was clearly visible in the drive.

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    This is getting stupid. The more stupid they get the more it will fan the flames. Id get the biggest flags I could find after they pull that crap. They can **** off.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Throw up a Gay Pride rainbow flag and watch their heads explode.

Wanna really make their heads explode?

:):

gaytn.jpg

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I am going to go with ignoring it for now. I am guessing they are not the brightest Crayons in the box since my suv was clearly visible in the drive.

They won't ignore you.

I suggest you make clear that you will not be pressured.

People like this generally seek to ruin your life through every channel possible if they aren't harshly dealt with immediately.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I would have a giant kiss my ass flag made and fly it.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I'm pretty sure you have mentioned it before in other threads but what is it about the SUV that sets it apart from most. Pretty sure I know the answer but some here may not.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Well I don't know about the great state of TN, but Indiana requires that your driver license and registration be changed within 60 days if I remember correctly.

So a polite knock on the door to introduce yourself along with some advice that if they haven't done the above is against the law, and a slight "Oh BTW" you're on video illegally depositing a letter into my mailbow, you broke federal law. While turning around and walking away, give them a "Welcome to Tennessee, you're not in Kansas anymore Toto" as a subtle jab.

He has shown that he's that "Richard".

fjw2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2016
    Close to a friend
    I believe a time is drawing near that sides will be chosen and fighting begins. I don’t know the number of sides. But history has shown that one or more symbols will represent each of those. I believe the the American flag will come to represent a side in the fighting. Old glory proudly flies at my house.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I believe a time is drawing near that sides will be chosen and fighting begins. I don’t know the number of sides. But history has shown that one or more symbols will represent each of those. I believe the the American flag will come to represent a side in the fighting. Old glory proudly flies at my house.

I think the malfunctioning in your thinking is that you don't realize the sides were already chosen and the fighting has already begun.

Territory has been lost and occupied. People have been murdered. Shots have been fired. Cities have been destroyed.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Even better. Put up ANOTHER USMC flag. Or a bigger one.

My gut says they would actually approve of that given the content of the offensive ones.

No, he really would eat it. That is what Marines do. :): You obviously dont know any Marines.

And the note he writes back should be polite and to the point. If it were me I would politely tell them it was my right to fly my own flags, and if they dont like it dont look. Just like if I dont like a flag they fly I will respect their opinion and do the same.

Also Include the facts of what they were driving and a description of the driver when he stopped to deliver the note. Let them know that any ideas of retaliation are a VERY bad idea because of the electronic, unblinking eye. They WILL be caught.

If they get a note back it will most likely either freak them out or **** them off. Either would work for me but yes, be polite and to the point.

Also explain where their rights end when it is on your private property.

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    <SNIP>

So a polite knock on the door to introduce yourself along with some advice that if they haven't done the above is against the law, and a slight "Oh BTW" you're on video illegally depositing a letter into my mailbow, you broke federal law. While turning around and walking away, give them a "Welcome to Tennessee, you're not in Kansas anymore Toto" as a subtle jab.

He has shown that he's that "Richard".

Careful... a face-to-face encounter is aggressive and intimidating. Especially if the person on the porch is known to carry (especially, gasp, if he's open carrying).

But, I think it's a great opportunity to reach out and connect with them--mail them a letter that offers the chance to discuss their issue and share a cup of coffee. While you might not really care about their opinion, it'd be a chance to educate someone on things a bit, and it'd establish that you won't be yielding to their requests--good fences make good neighbors, sort of...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is getting stupid. The more stupid they get the more it will fan the flames. Id get the biggest flags I could find after they pull that crap. They can **** off.

The stars and stripes will fly out our place tomorrow. I only wish we had an assortment of "Bound to **** somebody off" flags but alas we do not.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I would have "your attorney" send them a notification that you have a video recording of them violating federal law by entering your mail box.

Maybe a reference that the letter should be treated as a cease and desist? Any further actions including slow drive by's to case the property will result in charges being filed?

Top Bottom