• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I would have "your attorney" send them a notification that you have a video recording of them violating federal law by entering your mail box.

Maybe a reference that the letter should be treated as a cease and desist? Any further actions including slow drive by's to case the property will result in charges being filed?

Legal bluff are a bad idea. If you're going to get into a legal spat, just go full force straight off the bat without any warning.
    If it's American hating leftists who get offended by these flags, they deserve to have the book thrown at them.

They don't tolerate your existence, why should you tolerate theirs?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    We have had cameras for a while now. I got a clean shot of the driver and their Plate, they have been here about a month, so I am fairly sure they don’t pay a lot of attention to vehicles in our drive.
    I'd put a dont tread on me flag taped to their mailbox.

Na better yet start flying a 'Come Take It' flag

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Why does the butthurt generation think everyone needs to hear their opinion or feelings?
    Shut your pie holes.
    People used to get hit in the mouth for saying or doing rude ****.

Last edited by a moderator:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Why does the butthurt generation think everyone needs to hear their opinion or feelings?
    Shut your pie holes.
    People used to get hit in the mouth for saying or doing rude ****.
    WtJeL2I.jpg

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I would visit your postmaster with evidence and ask about the mail tampering. Second I would discuss in person with the local Sheriff your concerns.

Having thought on it, I'd ignore them.

Last edited:

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    If you were so inclined a Trump flag would really trigger them.

They left Illinois for a reason. Invite them over for a BBQ and discuss what triggers them, discuss your support of the USMC and Police. Maybe they will learn from their new neighbors what rural values are and why those values are important. Follow up with a range day where they learn guns aren’t scary.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    For now I'd ignore them. You have the evidence should it be necessary later. In addition to the flags you have, the Gadsden flag would be a nice addition. I've had one for my front license plate many years and it does get some looks. Overall, take the high road and let this be the end of it. Of course if they pull any more crap, they are the aggressors. I'd have zero desire to know anyone who doesn't respect the USMC.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Ignore for now but keep your camera going. After a few more notes turn it over to the law/post office. You pay taxes/postage, that's the responsibility of the people being paid with that money.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Send them a letter explaining why you fly the flags - Marine Vet., relative or friend who's a police officer, whatever. Tell them you don't understand what's offensive about the flags and ask them to meet in a local coffee shop/ restaurant and tell you their views.
    They might show up.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    While I agree that you could just ignore those people, I don't think it's a good idea to escalate the situation by adding more potentially offensive flags.

I would try to talk to those people instead (if they are reasonable) to educate them.
    Do they even know that one of the flag is a USMC flag?
    Do they know about the history of the Marine Corps? :dunno:

I assume the OP is a veteran.Maybe introduce yourself and tell them about your past in the military.
    Explain how their right to be offended by a flag is protected by the military and by the police.
    The same people represented by those "offensive" flags of yours.

Living in France the USMC flag is a symbol of freedom, it has been for both world wars.
    If my neighbor flew the USMC flag I would want to meet him to hear some good stories, maybe drop a "thank you for your service" card in their mailbox. :dunno:

Maybe im too naive but I think you should fight their ignorance with some education. :twocents:

belleau-wood-1914.jpg__400x526_q85_crop_subsampling-2_upscale.jpg

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Send them a letter explaining why you fly the flags - Marine Vet., relative or friend who's a police officer, whatever. Tell them you don't understand what's offensive about the flags and ask them to meet in a local coffee shop/ restaurant and tell you their views.
    They might show up.

:+1:

68NOVA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2016
    nwi
    That's funny.

Went to a buddy's across the border.

His flags were not flying as they were last year.

I asked... The answer was, "neighbors didn't approve"...

Went by another buddies in that state.... The entire block has blue lights and or ribbons along with over half the block flying various flags.

I guess it's where you are I guess...

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Given the replies I skimmed here, I'm going to guess my opinion on this may be unpopular but here goes...

Everything everyone has said about your rights, your freedom, and your property is spot on. However... You're violating the gray man philosophy by advertising any opinion publicly to anyone. This sort of thing is exactly why I don't have flags, bumper stickers (except one, ever), etc. I live my life by my actions and have supported police and military charities in the past. I'm a proud freedom loving American and vote pro-freedom as much as there are candidates worthy of supporting. I don't need to fly flags to try to sway others to my opinion or, and I hate to put it this way but that's the way I see it, virtue signal to others that already share my views.

Putting up signs in front of your house that basically scream "I have guns and training" makes you a target for the element you specifically don't want to attract, and I dare say, you're intentionally try to avoid by living where you do. Those of us already on your side aren't the type to come cause you problems and you likely already know where your other neighbors stand if you've got a shooting range on your property.

Since the flags are already up there's no way I'd take them down on account of the snowflakes up the road, but perhaps this is a topic for deeper thought for some folks before they hang their own. Again, I'm absolutely not saying you did anything wrong in a polite society, but we don't have a polite society anymore.

PS - If anyone happens to be unfamiliar with the gray man philosophy, the idea is that you want to be a blur in the memories of other people by doing nothing that makes you stand out in any way. The general idea is that the less strangers know about you, the better off you are. Your friends already know how to find you if you want to be found and people that aren't your friends (such as the morons up the street) don't need to find you.

Again, this is just my opinion and I'm not trying to chastise you or anyone else by sharing it.

68NOVA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2016
    nwi
    I hear ya Max.

Trust me if nobody else does, I do.

I don't do bumper sticker or the like.

But, Old Glory will always fly high.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    But, Old Glory will always fly high.

Sadly, even that makes you a target these days. The country seems to have two strong factions: those that love America and those that utterly detest it. Those that hate it would firebomb your house in an instant if they thought they could get away with it. Remember, these aren't people that simply disagree with you. These are people who think you are "evil" and have invented a holy war against you.

Those that love America don't really care what you do on your own property. You're only attracting hornets by putting out flags. We bees are leaving honey everywhere we can already.

Again... This is a sad statement on society, and none of you guys are wrong for doing what you're doing, but I feel it's accurate in today's climate. I'm all for the 4 boxes of freedom, but I don't think I'd make the soap box in front of my house.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I'm pretty sure you have mentioned it before in other threads but what is it about the SUV that sets it apart from most. Pretty sure I know the answer but some here may not.

Can I just say that the license plate is White with Black letters. Sometimes I wish I had alter ego free to post on Facebook and other social media venues. I try to be very careful when commenting on topics and venues.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Can I just say that the license plate is White with Black letters. Sometimes I wish I had alter ego free to post on Facebook and other social media venues. I try to be very careful when commenting on topics and venues.

:yesway: If they would have looked they might have thought twice before doing what they did. Of course that assumes they were thinking at all.

Top Bottom