• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    My only ammo problem is this. I just had to empty a closet where my electrical service panel is located. I'm getting upgraded from 100 amp to 200 amp service tomorrow. I don't know where I'm going to put all this ammo when all is said and done. I'll be losing a shelf's worth of storage, possibly 2. I need a bunker. :):

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    And I have no doubt that if most of those beefing about CTD had the ammo, they wouldn't be selling it at the market price of last fall. How many have either said or wished they could buy ammo to sell when prices go up? Quite a few. Folks in the prepper forum talk about ammo as money and barter with ammo, think those guys should value it at last fall values? Going to blackball all those guys too?

In fact if all the sources that don't raise prices get cleared out by speculators and hoarders those of you not properly stocked will buy fro CTD, so why bash them. They just have a different business model than you why bash a gun supply retailer is my question? In in the end it is just whining that they have what the complainers want...
    124gr 9MM how many thousands do you want? I’ve got it, I bought it at X, but I will most assuredly sell it at Y, I’m not profiteering, but if I can make a buck to further my habit, and offset my costs, so be it. Sandy Hook time paid for three classes for me. If those who didn’t stock up when it was cheap think I’m an ******* for that, well, nobody stopped you from buying cheap too? I am no longer in a pallet at a time position, but I won’t fault those who are.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    My only ammo problem is this. I just had to empty a closet where my electrical service panel is located. I'm getting upgraded from 100 amp to 200 amp service tomorrow. I don't know where I'm going to put all this ammo when all is said and done. I'll be losing a shelf's worth of storage, possibly 2. I need a bunker. :):
    Ive got you, I’ve got a pre-peed on sterile area for at least a pallet of 9MM or 5.56. Or half and half. Or I can make room for more, just have to drink some more.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana

I get the impression I don't have even close to as much as some other folks, but maybe more than a some, and I've taken to loading the bottom tier of these:

https://www.sevilleclassics.com/ult...-cabinet-36-w-x-18-d-x-72-h-granite-gray.html

...with all of my ammo in surplus 30 and 50 cal cans. I have 5 of those cabinets and would like a 6th. I put other lighter stuff on the actual shelves, but the bases are rated from something like 300lbs, which automatically means at least 600lbs. And now when I move again, my ammo just wheel's its way right out the front door and straight into a U Haul. WAAAY better than how it all moved in (my several hours pretending to be an Infantryman wasn't entertaining).

I order them from Sam's for less than that price, plus the ones they have in the store in Sam's don't have one piece side panels, which I radically prefer.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Ive got you, I’ve got a pre-peed on sterile area for at least a pallet of 9MM or 5.56. Or half and half. Or I can make room for more, just have to drink some more.

Oh I've got room for the 9mm. They're just itty bitty little things. It's the 308, 30-06, 7.92x57 and 7.62x54R that take up the most space. But I do appreciate the pre-peeing! Saves me a step! :yesway:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I get the impression I don't have even close to as much as some other folks, but maybe more than a some, and I've taken to loading the bottom tier of these:

https://www.sevilleclassics.com/ult...-cabinet-36-w-x-18-d-x-72-h-granite-gray.html

...with all of my ammo in surplus 30 and 50 cal cans. I have 5 of those cabinets and would like a 6th. I put other lighter stuff on the actual shelves, but the bases are rated from something like 300lbs, which automatically means at least 600lbs. And now when I move again, my ammo just wheel's its way right out the front door and straight into a U Haul. WAAAY better than how it all moved in (my several hours pretending to be an Infantryman wasn't entertaining).

I order them from Sam's for less than that price, plus the ones they have in the store in Sam's don't have one piece side panels, which I radically prefer.

Those would be nice, but ouch on the price, for me anyhow. Would sure make it a lot easier to move around if you needed to. I know about the infantryman feeling when I carry stuff out to my shed.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Those would be nice, but ouch on the price, for me anyhow. Would sure make it a lot easier to move around if you needed to. I know about the infantryman feeling when I carry stuff out to my shed.

I agree with you on the price and I passed them up the first time I saw them... Then I went down to Lowe's and bought a particle board cabinet "thing" to store stuff in. Unassembled, that thing was like 200lbs, roughly twice the size of one of those cabinets, and $200. While following the instructions to a T, it broke itself in half (virtually every piece) half way through assembly. I was mad as a hornet. I hard to cart the POS into the basement in pieces because it was so heavy, then haul those same pieces right back out, but now more of them, and back to Lowes...

Then I scoured the Earth for steel cabinets and came up with those as being the highest quality option at a reasonable price. I started with 2, and the price did sting, but I've been a 100% pleased with them and it's been over 10 years since the first 2 came home. I had mostly food in them, and the house did occasionally get a mouse or two, and there was a never a problem (they ain't chewing through sheet metal). When I moved, they rolled out the back door of the basement, on to the forks of Dad's tractor, and into a U Haul. When I got here, down the ramp, into the front door, and into a spare bedroom. Then I bought the other 3 after moving my ammo and a whole bunch of other junk that hard way. I'll be 41 soon. I'm too old to screw with this stuff yet young enough to live my use out of them... unless the WuFlu gets me. Then you can have them. :D

When you shoot my ammo and eat my dry good, think of me being really pissed about dying before I could do it...

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Only in the short term. Buy low, sell high. To think that oil and gas prices will be like this in even 6 months is....optimistic, to be kind.
    Entitled to your opinion. But an economic decline reduces demand for fuel and energy. So unless Saudi Arabia backs off its threat to Russia and reduces output, prices are heading down until a recovered economy creates demand to bring them back up.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Ah, but the pertinent question is: Does it matter who does it? Supply and demand means that someone is going to make the extra money. Why does it matter who it is? Does it really make either of them a bad person? A buyer might have to pay more, but at least the item was available. Consider this: it was the buyers themselves that created the situation where there was a shortage and price inflation (or unavailability). Why blame the seller for a situation that buyers created?

It absolutely does! As Floivanus said why buy from speculators when you can buy from a dealer? Think if that ammo is bad you have any recourse with a speculator? There are at least options if bought from an authorized dealer even if you go back to the manufacturer. Not so any other way. So it really does matter who you buy from...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Entitled to your opinion. But an economic decline reduces demand for fuel and energy. So unless Saudi Arabia backs off its threat to Russia and reduces output, prices are heading down until a recovered economy creates demand to bring them back up.

This virus will have an affect on economies around the world and fuel consumption will decline this year and oil prices will stay low unless they kill the fracking market.

240sx

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2019
    Fishers
    Out of stock too. I remember them doing that back in 2013 and glad I never have bought anything from them

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Out of stock too. I remember them doing that back in 2013 and glad I never have bought anything from them

I'm trying to understand why in the middle of all this crazy, people take time to bash a gun supply retailer? What is the trigger that sets so many of you off? Even after the economics of the situation are explained, the freedom aspect of a private company doing what they want, the bashing continues. What are they doing that creates such a visceral reaction?

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I'm in sales, and this virus nightmare has affected business heavily. The good thing is that compared to our competitors, my little outfit is in very good shape with regards to inventory. Basically, I'm in a position now where I could take advantage of my customers if I chose to, but I refuse to even entertain that thought. Of course my companies prices are going to fluctuate based on supply and demand, but to try and make a quick buck by using a completely outrageous pricing strategy is wrong. People remember things like that. The loss of trust and goodwill simply isn't worth the extra dollars I could make. I don't just want a customer today; I want to sell to them next year, the year after that, and so on.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    This virus will have an affect on economies around the world and fuel consumption will decline this year and oil prices will stay low unless they kill the fracking market.
    Ostensibly this is an internal dispute between the Saudi and Russians, but I suspect killing the US fracking market isn't something they'd complain about. Right now there's about a $10 split in break-even cost: the Saudis can pump profitably down to $16, while the best frackers are only good to about $26/bbl. The problem with that plan is that the US producers can come back online so fast that we don't stay dead.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    Absolutely CTD can charge whatever they want, but this great country, which you so politely reminded us we all live in, also allows me the freedom to call them greedy mother *******.

You say "greedy" like that's a bad thing. Greed founded this country. Greed built this country. Greed has allowed me to provide a great life for me and my family.

Without greed, this country would be just another third world nation. Do you think GM, Microsoft, and Walmart were founded out of some altruistic desire to serve the public at large? Or were they founded by greedy people who wanted to make lots and lots of money?

Which brings me to...

Top Bottom