• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    You would have to ask Fenway why he chose to allow sponsors to remain even though they weren't paying. Of course, that doesn't matter now that Texkev owns the board and made the decision to remove dead weight.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It is kind of funny seeing a moderator bashing a retailer when the site has lost so many site sponsors over the last few years. :)

They were never on board with us. Ever.
    They rotated through on one string but that was short lived.

If this makes you uneasy or offends then report me. Maybe I will get a 30 day off and relax for a while.

I really could care right now. The world is melting down. I gave my express opinion of a very poor on line business.

You guys have fun. I am going for snacks....:):

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    You would have to ask Fenway why he chose to allow sponsors to remain even though they weren't paying. Of course, that doesn't matter now that Texkev owns the board and made the decision to remove dead weight.

Every one of them. Fenway liked having the list as long as possible.

And yet, despite their payment status, they were assets to the site. But I guess that doesn't matter, because this site is not run on the milk of human kindness, but on a monetary basis. It is driven by greed, and that's not a bad thing. Receiving recompense for your effort is capitalism. And the person expending that effort gets to decide what the proper compensation for that effort is.

If that effort is expending capital to purchase ammo or bandwidth or toilet paper, what right does anyone else have to denounce them as price gougers?

It's an emotional reaction to a logical situation, and that makes it invalid on its face.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    And yet, despite their payment status, they were assets to the site. But I guess that doesn't matter, because this site is not run on the milk of human kindness, but on a monetary basis. It is driven by greed, and that's not a bad thing. Receiving recompense for your effort is capitalism. And the person expending that effort gets to decide what the proper compensation for that effort is.

If that effort is expending capital to purchase ammo or bandwidth or toilet paper, what right does anyone else have to denounce them as price gougers?

It's an emotional reaction to a logical situation, and that makes it invalid on its face.

Look, my issues as stated were not just price but the entire operation due to my personal bad experience so ease off.
    Secondly the good those names on a list provided was to jack up the sale price of the forum. JMHO but it looked that way or Fenway just got lazy towards the end or both.
    I/we know exactly how this works. And yes there is a drop or 5 of human kindness involved in keeping this place running. A lot of charity comes as a result of this site. Not as much as it used to but yes it still comes.

Brother...…..I have to sit on my hands to keep myself from lighting some folks up on this forum especially in these high stress times. Seriously. Right now is intense and yes it should be. I would wonder just how long your opinions and mindset would hold if you sat in this chair and logged the hours to do what has to be done.
    It has perks. But man it sucks butt way too much at times. Like right now. We all have a point. I am very close to mine.

Have a blessed day all. Be safe.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    You say "greedy" like that's a bad thing. Greed founded this country. Greed built this country. Greed has allowed me to provide a great life for me and my family.

Without greed, this country would be just another third world nation. Do you think GM, Microsoft, and Walmart were founded out of some altruistic desire to serve the public at large? Or were they founded by greedy people who wanted to make lots and lots of money?

Which brings me to...

We would need to agree on the definition of greed. If it means generating revenue in a morally acceptable manner, then yes greed is good. If it means making as much money as possible by any means necessary, then I'll argue that being greedy isn't acceptable.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Why don't you take a pay cut to help the company out? Why don't you LOWER prices to help your customers who might be struggling? Is it because... you're greedy?

Well Preachy McPreacherson, if it makes you feel better, I've spent a good portion of my week working with a handful of customers figuring out the best way to pay what they owe, whether that's an outright delay in cutting a check, or it's some sort of payment schedule. Money is important, but being a good human being ranks pretty high on the list too.

I'm editing this so I can also mention they way my company has altered its delivery policy. Under normal circumstances, we impose a minimum delivery quantity so we can maintain a certain level of profitability. We had a meeting this week and decided we were going to waive the minimum for customers that needed it. All the owners asked was we be smart about it. While some of our competition is imposing stricter guidelines and altering delivery schedules altogether, we've chosen to go the opposite direction and make less money while helping folks out.

Last edited:

RickAllen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2020
    Poneto
    When i see things like that overrrrrrrrrrrrr priced, i think "your going out of business". when take advantage of it shows the ability to be evil, thoughtless, selfish, this is what's happening in our world today. just because supply and demand as they say,

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    I haven't shopped from CTD in quite a few years, mostly for this reason and that they sell crap. But "price gouging?" I happen to believe in capitalism of the non-crony type. They don't "owe me" a particular price. Don't like it? Don't buy. Your lack of planning is not their emergency.

Last edited:

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The issue wasn't the price CTD was charging but that they would change the price after the person put in their cart but before checking out without notice to the costumer. If I remember right they were ordered to pay back over $400 k.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    The issue wasn't the price CTD was charging but that they would change the price after the person put in their cart but before checking out without notice to the costumer. If I remember right they were ordered to pay back over $400 k.

If that's the case, it seems more like straight up fraud, not price gouging...

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    If that's the case, it seems more like straight up fraud, not price gouging...

Story here https://www.statesman.com/story/news/2020/12/16/gun-website-price-gouging-pandemic/3932523001/

According to this article, (not the one I read earlier), "The Texas AG's office has identified ammunition as a necessity and, as a result, is arguing that those price hikes were against the Texas Business and Commerce Code. The code forbids businesses from "taking advantage of a disaster" by selling "fuel, food, medicine, lodging, building materials, construction tools or another necessity at an exorbitant or excessive price." So TX considers ammo a necessity, good for them!

Then it goes on to state, "Additionally, the following weekend that Abbott issued the disaster declaration, Cheaper Than Dirt manually raised its prices outside of its normal schedule. Making these manual 'real-time' price changes caused confusion for consumers because the prices consumers saw on the website pages when selecting items for purchase were different from the prices that appeared in the final check-out cart," the AG's office said in court documents. "

So it appears they were accused of doing a bit of both.

Top Bottom