Gun Community Myopic and Asleep. Ideas for action needed.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    There are a lot of Noobs on INGO lately, :welcome: I hope you stick.

It would be nice if you were to start an introduction thread so we can all say HI!

mergatroid

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    I get it that private businesses have the right to choose who they serve but what was the outcome when a baker decided that making a wedding cake for a couple that went against his religion was something that he didn’t want to do? His private business decision was not his to make when he decided to discriminate against a segment of society.

How is this different? If Walmart had said that it was Ok with gays in their store as long as they didn’t hold hands or otherwise display their orientation, do you think that the gay community would respond with ‘Well, I’m not a hand holder, so I’m good with that’?

Maybe we need to treat this as a civil rights issue.

I thought of this as well. Good points.

mergatroid

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    A while back, there was a pro-Islam campaign that portrayed every day people as being of the Islam faith. The point of it was to help people understand who it was that they had been pointing to when saying that the Islamic faith was evil. By portraying members of the Islamic faith as neighbors, doctors, coaches and all other types of people that we respect, it helped to remove the idea that members of the Islam faith were the boogey men that they had imagined them to be.

We need to do this with pro-gun EDC folks. Right now, a large segment of the population thinks that pro-gun equates to skin heads, racists and wanna-be Wicks. We need to help people understand that we are friends, neighbors and average people that choose to take responsibility for our safety.

Lots of us carry. By forcing us to CC, the anti-gunners are making sure that the message that normal people carry does not spread. They want us to keep the guns under wraps so that the only exposure to them that the undecided see are the negative stereotypes that the media has built up.

Agree.

CMB69

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Indy
    Everywhere I have worked from the army to Church, the rule is "your idea, you organize it."

You will be surprised to learn why most of the INGO event organizers burn out after a few years.

Very true. An organized "event" is not necessary. Every one who is upset with what Walmart, etc., are doing needs to at least decrease purchasing, or stop shopping there for a while. The retailers need to see an actual decrease in revenue. Then, what if every day every Walmart store had to deal with carts left full of merchandise with a "this is what I would have purchased" message along with a position statement or a No Guns = No Money flyer? Everyone could do this at their convenience, just need to do it occasionally for a few, maybe several, months. Walmart, etc., would certainly get the message.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Very true. An organized "event" is not necessary. Every one who is upset with what Walmart, etc., are doing needs to at least decrease purchasing, or stop shopping there for a while. The retailers need to see an actual decrease in revenue. Then, what if every day every Walmart store had to deal with carts left full of merchandise with a "this is what I would have purchased" message along with a position statement or a No Guns = No Money flyer? Everyone could do this at their convenience, just need to do it occasionally for a few, maybe several, months. Walmart, etc., would certainly get the message.

giphy.gif

Top Bottom