• Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Vernon G. Smith.

Thank you sir for naming the real scoundrel! I stand corrected. Viscloskey is a State Rep in the US House. This bill was introduced in the Indiana House. My mistake. Doesn't change the fact that Viscloskey is a traitor, but sadly he's not the only one, not by a long shot. Good to know who our enemies are.

Last edited:

Bmrdude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    IN Senate & House Phone Numbers!

For future reference:

IN House phone # 317-232-9600
    IN Senate phone # 317-232-9400

They will ask your name, address & phone number. You can then give them a "support" or "oppose" in reference to any particular bill.

:)

Viper1973

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Email sent... Also suggested if they want to do SOMETHING constructive to issue legislation to remove the gun free zones and tell criminals their killing fields are permanently closed.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    I searched HB1571. It has been withdrawn.

No it hasn't as of this writing. You made the same mistake I did, if you try to search for it on Vernon Smith's web page or any democrat's web page it takes you to HR 1571 from 2012 which shows withdrawn but HR 1571 for 2013 on the actual 2013 General Assembly page shows it's still active. Indiana General Assembly

Sneaky little Democrats!

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    My rep is Andre F'n Carson. I'm not even wasting my breath or energy.
    Carson is a federal representative. This is a state representative they're talking about.

On the bright side, it's Vernon. Nothing that gun controlling little turd has ever put out has passed. I wouldn't get too up in arms over this. The guy couldn't get a bill passed is attached $100 bills to it and had it delivered with free hookers. Vernon does this crap every year and every year it goes nowhere.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Emailed state rep.

Dear Mr. Pierce,

I am writing to ask that you not vote in favor, or support, any form of new gun control legislation in Indiana. The laws that we already have are more than adequate and despite the emotional and tragic events that happen now and then in our nation, the application of current law is far better than the knee-jerk creation of new, and constitutionally infringing, laws.

I trust in your temperment and deliberation. I hope you will understand just how useless and silly bills like House Bill 1571 are. It would act to create a new "fuzzy" class of firearms called "convertible" and is simply a way to outlaw semi-automatic firearms most in Indiana own. It also would effectively ban firearms owned under the National Firearms Act by people who have gone through local and FBI background checks and payed tens of thousands of dollars to own. Either the bill is full of badly written language that would wreak unintentded consequences, or it is simply a dishonest and overreaching attempt at banning firearms owned legally, and safely, throughout the hoosier state.

Again, please I ask your assistance in opposition to any new gun control legislation.

Thank you for your service to our state and to your constituents,

Name & Address

Big Muddy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2012
    Jasper County
    According to Mr. Smith and his ilk, law-abiding citizen must continue a cycle of surrenduring our liberty; suspending our freedoms; and otherwise changing our way of life; in order to counter-balance the acts (and 'potential' acts) of the criminal, the misanthrope, and the mentally unstable.
    No, thank you.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I just sent the following to Rep. Matt Pierce; sadly I know nothing about him... need to see what his stand on our rights is.

Rep. Pierce,
    I am contacting you today to voice my strongest opposition to HR 1571, the newly introduced ban on automatic and "readily convertible" Semi-automatic weapons. This bill is unconstitutional, and will make no measurable impact on crime in our state! Unlicensed fully automatic weapons are already illegal, and have been for decades, the licensed fully automatic weapons are extremely expensive, and heavily regulated.
    I am also very concerned by the phrase "readily convertible" as this would effectively outlaw almost every semi automatic rifle in existence depending on the definition of readily convertible.

Representative Pierce, you took an oath uphold the United States Constitution, as well as the Constitution of the State of Indiana; both of those documents expressly defend a citizens right to keep and bear arms! The SCOTUS has already ruled on what weapons are "proper" in US v. Heller, I suggest you review the case and also review the events after the US 1994 Assault Weapons Ban, not only did the 1994 ban have no measurable impact on crime, quite a few congressmen found themselves out of office at the next election! Do not forget your oath, we the people will be watching, and if this passes, all who vote in favor of it will be in peril of losing their seats!

Thank you,

Jason A. Partridge

Frontier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    This is seriously getting time in the house? Ridiculous that they're bothering to even discuss it. Just vote it down. If it passes I'll eat my shoes.

If it passes we will all be bending over and grabbing our shoes. We voice our opposition whether it will pass or not so they know we are watching when they do dumb things.

Frontier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Drop everything else but this and it has my support. Otherwise, hell no.

Except for the vague definition of a "convertible semiautomatic", as in if it remotely possesses the ability to be turned semiautomatic that it gets the same penalty as if it were full auto, even though it's not. If a criminal is in possession of an illegal gun, fine, charge him. But don't charge him for using a full auto weapon under the premise that his semi-auto could be made full auto "if they wanted it to be". Virtually all semiautomatic firearms can be made somehow into full auto I believe.

Frontier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    While that's the true the next section if applied broadly enough, could mean any semi-automatic firearm that some high school drop out who took shop class could turn into a machine gun.

Exactly, it mirrors language in the '13 AWB Federal bill that says that anything that has the "capacity" to be made full auto is targeted. That means nearly all semi-auto common hanguns that are not revolvers. It's either full auto or it's not. It's not a crime to possess a car that can exceed the speed limit.

lvh7153

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    It's amazing to me how they are even using the term "semi-auto" like it's a dirty word. Demonizing gun owners. I also love to hear politicians tell me what kind of gun I "need" to own.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Except for the vague definition of a "convertible semiautomatic", as in if it remotely possesses the ability to be turned semiautomatic that it gets the same penalty as if it were full auto, even though it's not. If a criminal is in possession of an illegal gun, fine, charge him. But don't charge him for using a full auto weapon under the premise that his semi-auto could be made full auto "if they wanted it to be". Virtually all semiautomatic firearms can be made somehow into full auto I believe.

Personally, I don't care one bit about someone selling drugs while armed having extra charges tacked on. Maybe I should sympathize with them. I'll give it some thought.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Folks, you need to unclench. This bill isn't going to go anywhere, for one good reason. It's a Vernon Smith bill. No-one in the legislature ever lets any of his bills go anywhere, not even his dem buddies. He's a whackjob, on his best days and this is just another in a long line of anti-gun bills he's offered up. None of which ever went anywhere. It's his thing.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The representatives site,bill lookup says it has been pulled.

Top Bottom