• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Seems like what a substantial portion of INGOers would do. Oh no, what will the anti-gunners do? Better throw a felony on this guy.

Sometimes we can be tougher on our own "family" than others. The punishment ought to fit the "crime" but I'm not of the opinion this guy ought to have his life ruined over this with the information I have right now.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    Is that just for guns? Or if you take your eyes off the road and rear end a car with children in it should you eat a felony?

@B
    wordsmiths like politicians use a similarity between like features of two things, on which a comparison may be based:

oh, you mean an Analogy, yea.

Don't suggest a similarity between like features of two things, on which a comparison may be based:

to the politicians here in Indy. Be careful what you wish for wordsmith master.

FIFY

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Seems like what a substantial portion of INGOers would do. Oh no, what will the anti-gunners do? Better throw a felony on this guy.

Sometimes we can be tougher on our own "family" than others. The punishment ought to fit the "crime" but I'm not of the opinion this guy ought to have his life ruined over this with the information I have right now.
    Let the court sort it out. What I think he deserves doesnt matter. He is guaranteed due process.
    Bet he was anotherone that thought he knew better than anyone else and was safe to pocket carry because he has been around guns forever bla bla bla.
    I'm not gonna feel sorry for someone that hurts all of us. People arent "one of us" just because they carry a gun. It is the right of every citizen to carry a gun until they blow it.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    It kinda brings a tear to my eye, when I think back on how far INGO has come since a certain "warning shot." ;)

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Pretty much what I was thinking. Crim reck Is one of the harder charges to prove, especially when you are alleging a unknowing act.

Unless, of course, we just think that everyone that pocket carry’s is committing crim reck...

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Pretty much what I was thinking. Crim reck Is one of the harder charges to prove, especially when you are alleging a unknowing act.

Unless, of course, we just think that everyone that pocket carry’s is committing crim reck...
    Pocket carrying without a holster, yep I do

Realisticly I dont think the man should become a felon for this, because no one was injured. But I think if the court made him take mandatory gun safety classes it would be great.

If he didnt break an actual law, then dont waste the peoples time and money. But that still doesnt mean we can't be pissed at him

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    How about this:

Most of us are opposed to mandatory firearms training as a prerequisite of exercising our right to keep and bear arms.

What about when someone does something stupid or careless that was bad enough that someone could be hurt or was hurt? In those cases, would be consider mandatory firearms safety training and a passing score on a written and practical test for the responsible party?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    How about this:

Most of us are opposed to mandatory firearms training as a prerequisite of exercising our right to keep and bear arms.

What about when someone does something stupid or careless that was bad enough that someone could be hurt or was hurt? In those cases, would be consider mandatory firearms safety training and a passing score on a written and practical test for the responsible party?
    like what I just said? Yep I think that's a smart thing :):

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Pocket carrying without a holster, yep I do

Realisticly I dont think the man should become a felon for this, because no one was injured. But I think if the court made him take mandatory gun safety classes it would be great.

If he didnt break an actual law, then dont waste the peoples time and money. But that still doesnt mean we can't be pissed at him

Being pissed at him and putting on a dog and pony show are different things. Legally, Crim Reck doesn't care if someone was hurt. It's about the potential. If your going to claim that pocket carry without a holster is reckless, then doing so is a felony no matter if someone is hurt or not. That's a dangerous path. What about an Uncle Mike's? Holster without an active retention method? You want safe storage laws? What about guns that are taken in a car break in?

What would INGO say if a Democrat politician pushed for a "safe holster act" and made not using an approved holster a felony? What was said about "smart gun technology". Let's set the emotional response aside just a bit and actually look at the path some of you are advocating.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    How about this:

We have something a bit similar over here when it comes to driving.
    When you're caught speeding, using your phone while driving (illegal here) or running a red light, commit a DUI etc; you can lose points on your driving licence.
    You have 12 points on it, once you lose all 12 you lose your driver's licence.
    To get some of you points back you can take a class where they lecture you about driving safety.

I think there are similar programs in some US states, but even more extreme, where you're sent to a mandatory visit of the local morgue and ER to see what happens to victims of car accidents.

A LTCH with a point system would be an interesting concept.
    Not sure how many points you would lose for a ND in a public place or for leaving your gun in a public restroom. :dunno:

Of course I don't think that anyone should need a licence from the government to have the right to carry a gun and defend themselves to begin with.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    We have something a bit similar over here when it comes to driving.
    When you're caught speeding, using your phone while driving (illegal here) or running a red light, commit a DUI etc; you can lose points on your driving licence.
    You have 12 points on it, once you lose all 12 you lose your driver's licence.
    To get some of you points back you can take a class where they lecture you about driving safety.

I think there are similar programs in some US states, but even more extreme, where you're sent to a mandatory visit of the local morgue and ER to see what happens to victims of car accidents.

A LTCH with a point system would be an interesting concept.
    Not sure how many points you would lose for a ND in a public place or for leaving your gun in a public restroom. :dunno:

Of course I don't think that anyone should need a licence from the government to have the right to carry a gun and defend themselves to begin with.

Yea, I would oppose this because the right to "bear" (aka carry) arms is just that, a right. Driving is a privilege, not a right.

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    How about this:

Like the FBI break dancing dude? I am sure he had a couple of hours of training.

You simply can't mandate or legislate common sense.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Surely we can all agree that ANYONE WHO HAS EXPERIENCED A NEGLIGENT DISCHARGE SHOULD LOSE THEIR RIGHTS OF GUN OWNERSHIP.

Sorry to yell.
    But it seems as though some have a short memory.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Hold up.

This was less of a "negligent discharge" and more of a "negligent dispossession."

You can only follow the 4 rules if you have the ACTUAL gun in your possession.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Hold up.

This was less of a "negligent discharge" and more of a "negligent dispossession."

You can only follow the 4 rules if you have the ACTUAL gun in your possession.

Arrest the kid. He is the proximate cause. No one was in danger until he pulled the trigger.

Or or was this one of the dangerous guns that kills people of its own accord?

Top Bottom