• ...and so much more!
  • nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    What's yours? I'll start.....Guy starts a thread wanting advice about a gun he's considering buying. 80% of people in thread advise against, then OP goes out and buys gun anyway then posts what everyone thinks about it. If you're not going to listen to sound advice then don't start a thread asking for it.

People that post threads in the wrong sub forums;

General off-topic NON-FIREARMS related discussion goes here!

:p

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Cliches. So. Many. Cliches.

"I tested it extensively with 50 rounds and it performed FLAWLESSLY"

"This gun/ammo/technique WORKS FOR ME" (says the guy that can't hit the cliched/proverbial broadside of barn)

"Hi-point is best! "'NUFF SAID!" Really? You, random guy, on the internet that may or may not be any good at shooting at all say it's the best without any sort of reasoning or supporting info? Well, crap then. I'm convinced because you declared with so much pithy certainty that your anonymous opinion was "enuff"

"What's your bottom dollar?" (classifieds) - Oh, since you used that phrase, I'm powerless to negotiate any further. I'll just drop my price for no apparent reason, because you used the phrase "bottom dollar" like it's a magical freakin' talisman of negotiation. I don't even know why I bothered to list it for any other price, because all one has to do is use that phrase and BAM! I discount it.

"I'll offer (lowball amount) CASH" - Cash? Like real money? OMG! Well I suppose that's better than the lowball amount in wampum, rupees, dryer lint, or IOUs written on beer soaked napkins. I didn't even realize those were typically accepted forms of payment, but since you typed CASH in all caps, I guess they may be other alternative payments that makes the fact that you're offering CASH somehow so relevant that you need to put it in all caps to distinguish your offer from $xxxx in toejam.

Even better - cliches with BS attached:

"When I do my part, pistol X shoots 1 ragged hole at eleventy billion yards"

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Can someone quote him so I can read it.

"This message is hidden because mbills2223 is on your ignore list."

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg

"This gun/ammo/technique WORKS FOR ME" (says the guy that can't hit the cliched/proverbial broadside of barn)

"Hi-point is best! "'NUFF SAID!" Really? You, random guy, on the internet that may or may not be any good at shooting at all say it's the best without any sort of reasoning or supporting info? Well, crap then. I'm convinced because you declared with so much pithy certainty that your anonymous opinion was "enuff"

"What's your bottom dollar?" (classifieds) - Oh, since you used that phrase, I'm powerless to negotiate any further. I'll just drop my price for no apparent reason, because you used the phrase "bottom dollar" like it's a magical freakin' talisman of negotiation. I don't even know why I bothered to list it for any other price, because all one has to do is use that phrase and BAM! I discount it.

"I'll offer (lowball amount) CASH" - Cash? Like real money? OMG! Well I suppose that's better than the lowball amount in wampum, rupees, dryer lint, or IOUs written on beer soaked napkins. I didn't even realize those were typically accepted forms of payment, but since you typed CASH in all caps, I guess they may be other alternative payments that makes the fact that you're offering CASH somehow so relevant that you need to put it in all caps to distinguish your offer from $xxxx in toejam.

:rofl: tell us how you really feel

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

Pet peeves will get you killed on the streets.

Top Bottom