• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    My gun forum pet peeve is when someone starts the exact same thread multiple times in different sub-forums. It's usually a newbie, but that's no excuse.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Yeah, the INGO dog pile is beyond irritating. So is someone complaining about something he does. That one really irritates me.

I agree. Some INGO members have a way of remembering every word said in the forum and will pull out something somebody said even in different context to use against them. Thats more irritating than sand in your britches.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    It's OK, I'll handle it. Taylor Swift... people like to slam her but I don't get it. She's cute, young, great singer. Seems rather innocent. Less obnoxious than many other stars. Seems like we should gravitate towards her instead of being put off by her.

Oh, and my pet peeve is threadjacking.

Great singer? HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

Did you see the New Year's Eve song she did a few years ago? The performance without the auto-tune? Horrible. Terrible. Bad. She's not at all a good singer. The other things she has going for her + auto-tune + OK song-writing ability are what's got her where she is.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    my pet peeve everywhere not just on gun forums is people claim they are experts or whatever. the one that really gets me are the fight experts "when in a fight for your life you will do this or this" stfu you have never left your moms basement let alone been in a fight for you life.

my other pet peeve is people asking me what my pet peeve is.

Bartman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm sure I'll take flack for this, but I think it needs to be said. It makes me cringe to see new members with low post counts getting mocked when they offer up their opinions. Yes, a thick skin is often necessary on Internet forums, and undoubtedly there are those trying to run up their post counts to hit the classifieds. But there are gun owners (or potential ones) who weren't raised around firearms and are possibly trying to gain information or, god forbid, offer up an inexperienced opinion. Maybe we could cut those people a little slack instead of immediately offering up judgement on the quality of their posts.

For example: TheoreticalNoob has a question or comment that has already been discussed multiple times. It's reasonable to assume Noob may not be aware of that. So Noob has 2 choices, he can start a new thread and immediate (and snidely) be referred to 5 other threads that covered that topic. Or, he can search for one of those previous threads, make a new reply and then be called out for thread resurrection.

It's a no win situation. If there are those here who are serious about growing the number of shooters in our state and our nation, then exercising a bit of patience would go a long way.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I'm sure I'll take flack for this, but I think it needs to be said. It makes me cringe to see new members with low post counts getting mocked when they offer up their opinions. Yes, a thick skin is often necessary on Internet forums, and undoubtedly there are those trying to run up their post counts to hit the classifieds. But there are gun owners (or potential ones) who weren't raised around firearms and are possibly trying to gain information or, god forbid, offer up an inexperienced opinion. Maybe we could cut those people a little slack instead of immediately offering up judgement on the quality of their posts.

For example: TheoreticalNoob has a question or comment that has already been discussed multiple times. It's reasonable to assume Noob may not be aware of that. So Noob has 2 choices, he can start a new thread and immediate (and snidely) be referred to 5 other threads that covered that topic. Or, he can search for one of those previous threads, make a new reply and then be called out for thread resurrection.

It's a no win situation. If there are those here who are serious about growing the number of shooters in our state and our nation, then exercising a bit of patience would go a long way.

Pfft -
    What would you know, Noob?
    You only have 200 posts......:dunno:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom