• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • troycowan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Bedford, IN
    Been an MP for a few years now, somehow someway always end up running into guys out in public who notice the hair cut and mp tag on the front on my truck, and I end up sitting there listening to them tell stories on how long they've been SF or snipers and when you ask the little things that anyone in the armed forces would know, their faces go blank lol. Gotta love the story tellers. Most true vet snipers wont actually tell you war stories or talk about it, at least that I've come across.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Marine snipers, boot throwers, wrist rockets, Abraham 120mm toys, pocket mortars and M270's.....

All toys.

One of grandpa's lobbed a 16 inch shell from a battleship (South Dakota I think) 20 miles inland on targets as small as a dining room table. All while rocking and rolling.:patriot:

As long as the stories are REAL, I will shake the hand of the man who has been in combat, but pity the fool I shun for trying to embellish his life with false valor. I used to work with one guy who claimed he was a SEAL, I quickly shot him down in front of alot of co-workers when I asked him a couple of really simple questions...

What was your BUDs class number?
    Who was your dive buddy?
    Who was your instructor?

He replied that was classified and walked away.

People like this will never get or earn my respect.

I may have never worn the uniform, but I respect each and every man that has, and served his country with his life and honor.:patriot:

JStarr

Shooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Portland
    When I was in Colorado I threw some pocket lint at a 6X6 bull elk from 821 yards away, it took two steps and fell over dead. Maybe I should be in the MLB or a Marine sniper.:D In all seriousness thank you to all of the military men and women who have served and given up their family and in some unfortunate cases their lives for our freedoms. Even though sometimes our gov. doesn't really care.. I care and you will ALWAYS have my respect.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    There's a few of out here that are legit. Marine Recon School, 5th Recon Bn, Camp Pendleton, CA 1967. US Navy Diving School, Subic Bay, Philippines, 1968. My MOS was 0311/8653. Served with 3rd Recon in Nam 1967-1968.

No disrespect intended.
    My point was only in the fact that if all these people were really what they claim then I have to wonder who did all the "other" jobs in the military. Why can't people say- I never served OR I worked in supply?

Bob

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    No disrespect intended.
    My point was only in the fact that if all these people were really what they claim then I have to wonder who did all the "other" jobs in the military. Why can't people say- I never served OR I worked in supply?

Bob
    I did, work in Motor "T" and Supply..... Snipers, and Infantry, cannot kill, on an empty stomach, or without bullets .....
    ( can't get by, without supply.... OOOOOrah !!!!!)

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I was never in the Corps but they hired me and paid me millions as a guest sniper because I was so awesome. I once hit a guy at 1500 meters with a .22 derringer because my rifle got too hot from shooting the first 456 guys. The .22 was just sitting there with nowhere to go so I figured what the heck?!

You didn't have to wake up early, did you? I'm looking for a new gig.

Top Bottom