• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    We have threads on here for just about everything, except a scheduled Gun Show thread.
    (sorry if this is a dupe, if so mods please delete) I searched but other than the indy1500 I couldn't find anything relevant)

I miss the old Pocket Traders show in Martinsville.

What shows are scheduled?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    We have threads on here for just about everything, except a scheduled Gun Show thread.
    (sorry if this is a dupe, if so mods please delete) I searched but other than the indy1500 I couldn't find anything relevant)

I miss the old Pocket Traders show in Martinsville.

What shows are scheduled?
    Most are under the INGO at the 1500 sub forum

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Went this morning. Lot of new to me dealers. Most of them are using the same pricing guide. Aisles are a little narrower, but what's a little butt rubbing to a veteran gun show attendee?
    Guy in the west building by the rest rooms had surplus M9 mags for $16, so there is that. He also had a barrel, I kid you not, of well abused partial Enfields for $150. ( money pit warning here) None the less it beats trimming 5.56 brass.
    Also saw the cutest blue eyed Australian shepherd puppy. Looked like furry trouble.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just got back from Greenfield. I went through both buildings in about 20 minutes. Not a single ammo can in sight. Probably 95% of the guns were new stuff. I think there were probably more non-gun tables than gun tables. Lots of knives, reloading stuff, magazines, expensive ammo and flea market stuff. Wasn't worth the trip for me.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Just got back from Greenfield. I went through both buildings in about 20 minutes. Not a single ammo can in sight. Probably 95% of the guns were new stuff. I think there were probably more non-gun tables than gun tables. Lots of knives, reloading stuff, magazines, expensive ammo and flea market stuff. Wasn't worth the trip for me.
    Ammo at least should have been coming down unless these dealers never step out into the real world. I'm getting emails everyday with 9mm down into the 16's/box and you can buy it off the shelf for 18.00, sometimes less. The time of 25-30.00 box is over, same with the crazy prices of .22 bricks.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Ammo at least should have been coming down unless these dealers never step out into the real world. I'm getting emails everyday with 9mm down into the 16's/box and you can buy it off the shelf for 18.00, sometimes less. The time of 25-30.00 box is over, same with the crazy prices of .22 bricks.
    There may have been some that was more reasonable, but at least one guy was selling steel cased 7.62x39 for $600/1000. I wasn't looking very closely since I wasn't in the market for any ammo.

I still can't believe that nobody was selling ammo cans. Of course that's the one thing I wanted to buy today. :):

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    There may have been some that was more reasonable, but at least one guy was selling steel cased 7.62x39 for $600/1000. I wasn't looking very closely since I wasn't in the market for any ammo.

I still can't believe that nobody was selling ammo cans. Of course that's the one thing I wanted to buy today. :):
    You don't see ammo cans like you used to, at least not lately.

PlaysInTheDirt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2016
    Southport
    I enjoyed the 36-45 mins it took to walk both buildings with Hopper on Saturday. Looked like a 60/40 split of firearms related/actual firearms. Lots of AR parts if that is your thing. There were a few tables of private collections as well.
    I just didn't take enough cash!

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Looks like Tipton is canceled per gunshowtrader. Anyone confirm or hear different?

View attachment 179638
    From what I've heard this is true, but I have no way of confirming it for certain. I'm not sure why it would be cancelled, there should be plenty of time to clear the snow. I already have the store parking lot completely cleared off.

I'll be heading down to Franklin in the morning, it is definitely NOT cancelled.

Top Bottom