• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chinook

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Public Service Announcement, for those setting up/attending Crown Point show this weekend (or any show). The info shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone, but it is interesting to see the background from local law enforcement perspective and the questions during the press conference. Operation Scarecrow

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Public Service Announcement, for those setting up/attending Crown Point show this weekend (or any show). The info shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone, but it is interesting to see the background from local law enforcement perspective and the questions during the press conference. Operation Scarecrow
    I'd like to think that they are doing this to keep guns out of the hands of criminals, but the fact of the matter is, the Lake County Sheriff's Department has been responsible for security at the Crown Point show for DECADES. It's a REQUIREMENT to use them for security, it's in the contract. While I think it's great that they are finally being more proactive than they have been for the last few decades, I feel it's more likely a diversion to keep people from talking about the fact that the Sheriff was recently indicted for Felony resisting law enforcement. Lake County does not have good luck when it comes to their Sheriffs. https://chicago.suntimes.com/2022/1/7/22871906/lake-county-indiana-sheriff-oscar-martinez-indicted

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    I noticed one in W Lafayette
    that is the former Lafayette show. the fairgrounds more than doubled the cost so they had to find a new place. it is the Family Sports Center off of Klondike road. the show will be in the back building. they no longer have basketball in the front building, so that will help with parking.

ranger391xt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2019
    West Lafayette
    that is the former Lafayette show. the fairgrounds more than doubled the cost so they had to find a new place. it is the Family Sports Center off of Klondike road. the show will be in the back building. they no longer have basketball in the front building, so that will help with parking.
    Any one attend the show in W. Lafayette today. I am thinking that back building is smaller than the swine barn at the fairgrounds, so curious how the space is? And are things set up on the turf?

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Any one attend the show in W. Lafayette today. I am thinking that back building is smaller than the swine barn at the fairgrounds, so curious how the space is? And are things set up on the turf?

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Plan on walking. Most of the little parking lot is taken up by vendors. And yes, it's not roomy like the fairgrounds.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Pretty good show. Picked up a few odds and ends. Quite a few M1a rifles on the west end. Pricey, but at least 5 to choose from.
    Guy in the southwest corner had M9 surplus mags for $15 each if you buy at least 10.
    Did see a dealer pay at least 1K for a pretty nice 03a3 Springfield. (didn't get an exact count, I didn't want to be a deal stalker)

Parking is a challenge.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Plymouth Show coming up. So who went to this last time? Was it like the old Nappanee Show, or just a regular Northern IN show, which are usually kind of duddy. Not sure I want to drive all the way over if it is the same people setting up at Elkhart or Shipshe.
    Dates
    • Mar 26th, 2022
      calendar-icon.png
    • Oct 29th, 2022
      calendar-icon.png

City/State
      Plymouth, IN
      Hours
      • Saturday: 8:00am - 4:00pm
      Admission
      • General: $4.00
      • Children 12 & under: Free w/Adult
      Description
      The NIGCA Plymouth Gun Show (formerly Nappanee) will be held next on Mar 26th, 2022 with additional shows on Oct 29th, 2022, in Plymouth, IN. This Plymouth gun show is held at The Zone Sports Complex and hosted by Northern Indiana Gun Collectors Association. All federal, state and local firearm ordinances and laws must be obeyed.
      NIGCA is the show that has been in Nappanee for 30+ years!

MongooseLaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 5, 2019
    Albion
    Expat: I went to the last one at this location and it was worth it, reminded me of the older Nappanee shows. I'm hoping to attend this year. Go early if possible, parking can get crazy later on

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    Just got home from the Plymouth show. It was my kind of show with lots of blue steel and walnut. I sold an AR lower and bought a replacement stock for a Model 12 and a pair of holsters all for good prices. Gun prices were high, but I expected that.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Tipton gun show April 2-3 at the 4H fairgrounds on IN19. Saturday from 9-5 and Sunday 9-3. Pretty good show in two well lit buildings.

Gypsy31

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2014
    Newburgh
    Gun Show at the Evansville 4-H grounds this weekend, 4-2/4-3. I went yesterday morning. There was a pretty good crowd there earlier in the day but cleared out by the afternoon. There were more tables at this show than I have seen in the previous couple of shows there. My 12 year old was happy to see the sword and knife vendor there again, lol.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    There is a show at the Columbus Fairgrounds this weekend - 4/9 and 4/10. Not sure about admission price or any other details, but IIRC it's usually been 5 or 6 bucks to get in.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Gun Show at the Evansville 4-H grounds this weekend, 4-2/4-3. I went yesterday morning. There was a pretty good crowd there earlier in the day but cleared out by the afternoon. There were more tables at this show than I have seen in the previous couple of shows there. My 12 year old was happy to see the sword and knife vendor there again, lol.

Thank you for the report. My wife and I walked a lap there Sunday, that's when I found out there was a Gun Show that weekend. One of these days I'll drop in again.

Top Bottom