• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    This was awful. Same as Martinsville. Very few tables. 15 maybe with 8 of them having any firearms. I am probably going to ignore straight shooters for a while.

Since the before the pandemic the 1500 has gotten progressively worse. I keep going hoping it will start getting better but it only gets worse. They should change the name of it to the 1500 Nut & Knife Show.
    It was bad, waste of entry fee. A lot of junk, high dollar junk.

CTBay

Marksman
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 13, 2021
    Bedford
    It was bad, waste of entry fee. A lot of junk, high dollar junk.

Yes waste of entry fee. The people putting on the show have been dedicated to doing it for a long time. I hope they stay dedicated and the shows go back to being good. Don’t mind to donate the entry fee.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    I am still planning on hitting both :woot:

Hit both shows earlier today. The line to get into GunSlingers was 15 minutes and it was packed inside. Picked up some mags for my PT99 and saw some old friends. It was crowded the entire time I was there. Went next door to the CPI show and it was decent too but not near as crowded. All in all...2 guns shows in 1 day right across the street from one another...good day for sure!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Hit both shows earlier today. The line to get into GunSlingers was 15 minutes and it was packed inside. Picked up some mags for my PT99 and saw some old friends. It was crowded the entire time I was there. Went next door to the CPI show and it was decent too but not near as crowded. All in all...2 guns shows in 1 day right across the street from one another...good day for sure!
    Yeah, I was surprised by a long line to get in at 10:00. Is it tax refund money or back in panic mode? You couldn't hardly turn around without bumping into someone.
    Like you said, the CPI was more my speed. Pretty good crowd but not as bad.

Tbell7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Aug 21, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Ammo at least should have been coming down unless these dealers never step out into the real world. I'm getting emails everyday with 9mm down into the 16's/box and you can buy it off the shelf for 18.00, sometimes less. The time of 25-30.00 box is over, same with the crazy prices of .22 bricks.
    Alot of these vendors over bought and overpaid during the covid chaos and now there too stubborn to take a loss and simply move the product for current market value.

HazelDell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2022
    Carmel
    I went to a show in Kokomo several years ago. Not sure if it is still going on. I spent years going to the 1500 in it’s prime and everything else seemed really small locally

CTBay

Marksman
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 13, 2021
    Bedford
    The Louisville show is PACKED this weekend. Commercial 9mm can be had for less than $18 per box, and people are finding lots of good deals.

Commercial 9mm is less than $18 a box at Rural King right now and there is a ton of it. Last week I got 6 boxes for $16.50 a box (Blazer Brass $32.99/100). I didn’t have to trip over a million people or pay an entry fee.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Commercial 9mm is less than $18 a box at Rural King right now and there is a ton of it. Last week I got 6 boxes for $16.50 a box (Blazer Brass $32.99/100). I didn’t have to trip over a million people or pay an entry fee.
    This^^^^^^ Logansport RK same as above. In-fact on a "side note" in the last month on two separate occasions I have even gotten Remy 30-30 at the Logansport Wal-Mart? for $23.00/20 Stuff is $40.00 a box plus shipping on GB. Same as above not a lot of people and no parking or entry fee.

Tbell7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Aug 21, 2021
    Indianapolis
    The Louisville show is PACKED this weekend. Commercial 9mm can be had for less than $18 per box, and people are finding lots of good deals.
    You're right I just went there and paid $0.36 a round for brass 9mm. I don't have to a ton either. There were some deals on mags and wheel guns also.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    So without the 1500 entry fee and parking you actually paid around $13 a box of 50. Good deal!

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    Yeah, I was surprised by a long line to get in at 10:00. Is it tax refund money or back in panic mode? You couldn't hardly turn around without bumping into someone.
    Like you said, the CPI was more my speed. Pretty good crowd but not as bad.
    I think for panic buying than tax refund mode. I saw a lot of people looking at carry pistols, ARs and basic 12 GA shotguns. The older S&Ws were still at outrageous prices at both shows. Also can't believe the prices on Mosins and SKSs. Yes, the Gunslingers was super crowded and when someone wanted to stop and look at a table it created a traffic jam. But hey, even with the up close and personal contact and a few crop dusting clouds...it was still a great time!

You find any good deals?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think for panic buying than tax refund mode. I saw a lot of people looking at carry pistols, ARs and basic 12 GA shotguns. The older S&Ws were still at outrageous prices at both shows. Also can't believe the prices on Mosins and SKSs. Yes, the Gunslingers was super crowded and when someone wanted to stop and look at a table it created a traffic jam. But hey, even with the up close and personal contact and a few crop dusting clouds...it was still a great time!

You find any good deals?
    I picked up a Win Mod 12 20g. But paid more than I should have. But I wanted it and it was there.

MongooseLaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 5, 2019
    Albion
    Both shows were ok, Gunslinger show was packed, I checked it out on Friday night and picked up a beautiful 1943 91/30 PU sniper rifle, tried to go back Saturday and the line was out the door and there was literally no where to park. Oh well, as far as milsurps go I think I snagged the best rifle there !

Attachments

• 20220227_143541.jpg
      20220227_143541.jpg
      377.1 KB · Views: 12
    • 20220226_103355.jpg
      20220226_103355.jpg
      776 KB · Views: 12
    • 20220226_103514.jpg
      20220226_103514.jpg
      735.9 KB · Views: 12

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    The kid in me cant let that last line slide without a chuckle and mention, they are beating dicks and hurting dicks lol. Well done

Tbell7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Aug 21, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Both shows were ok, Gunslinger show was packed, I checked it out on Friday night and picked up a beautiful 1943 91/30 PU sniper rifle, tried to go back Saturday and the line was out the door and there was literally no where to park. Oh well, as far as milsurps go I think I snagged the best rifle there !
    Very cool rifle, wood looks nice! I like the scope mount.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    Wow, that sure is a great looking one. With the other Mosin prices I saw there, I can't imagine what the tag was on that! I didn't see any other PU sniper rifles at either show...so you did get a special one!

What's the reticle, just a vertical line with a point on top? What type of magnification?

Top Bottom