• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RobbLG

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    Well, I'm convinced. I only needed to hear one (biased) side of the story to decide that the officer is a worthless excuse for a public servant who isn't even trying to do his job. I don't need to hear any other facts beyond hearsay from a coworker to know that this is the truth. Next question, please!

I'm sure that's exactly what the Judge that is issuing the search warrant will say...

Ahhh...What did the cop say? Thats the dumbest situation I have ever heard of. I guess there is only one cop on your police force?!? Why did he not send another cop over to their place and raid/search it for your guns? Damn stupid on their part.:rolleyes:

And when they don't find anything in their raid/search maybe the OP will hear another rumor about where his guns might be and they can raid/search the house on the other side of the street... How about if we just shoot a shotgun at a map of the OP's neighborhood and raid/search the houses that are "identified"

He could at least knock on the door and ask some questions. Also there was a bike leaning on the side of my house. I told him it wasn't suppose to be there but he didn't think it was very important. But at 8:00 am that morning it was gone. It could of been some kids or the thief I don't know

I understand your frustration at their inaction, but, do you really think that the thieves are going to "come clean" if the police question them? They broke in your house and stole your guns... They wouldn't hesitate to lie about it and more than likely don't have them hidden in the house across the street. Just because the cop didn't march over there and question them doesn't mean that they didn't listen to you and consider them as suspects. Do you think the thieves rode the bike across the street to rob your house? The advice that the cop gave you is probably your best bet of getting your guns back. The thieves are much more likely to deal with you or your coworker than the police. Is your coworker friends with them? If your coworker or his friend could give a sworn statement of actually physically seeing the guns in question and their location in the house, then I think a Judge would sign a warrant. Information that they were bragging about it helps to narrow it down, but, it's not enough for a warrant...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Report it to the ISP. A State Patrolman told me one time his jurisdiction was anywhere in the State of Indiana.

That's true, but they'll never take a report that in an already serviced jurisdiction. ISP doesn't just show up on scenes and tell other city/county cop to go away we'll handle this.

(Kut recalls the EPIC battles between IPD and ISP from back in the day)

VaqueroEM

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 29, 2011
    South side of Indy
    Tuesday night I got robbed. Three pistols and four rifles. What stinks is I get to look at the theif everyday. He lives across the street. Some of the people that I work with made calls to friend and so forth. My neighbor and one of his friends bragging about it. The investigating officer was at my house Tuesday till 5 am and got off at 6 am. Then he was off duty till friday. That's 2 days to get rid of or hide my guns. I told him about what I found out and he suggested I work out a meeting with the theifs with what some of my workers found out. Is that my job or his?

Why don't you call the ATF? See if they will get involved and light a fire with the local PD.

And people telling him that he needs to go get his guns or "Be a man" are not helping here at all. The good guy almost always loses when he tries to take the law into his own hands. That is just plain ignorant advice.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Why don't you call the ATF? See if they will get involved and light a fire with the local PD.

And people telling him that he needs to go get his guns or "Be a man" are not helping here at all. The good guy almost always loses when he tries to take the law into his own hands. That is just plain ignorant advice.

Because he doesnt want to be laughed off the phone....

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'd like to see a scanned copy of the initial report. A lot of things are not adding up.

I agree...

It would good if we had a detailed story to see exactly how this happened.

A guy is robbed one night, he calls who first, the police or his friends...? :dunno:

His "friends" are already in the "know" about his neighbor stealing his guns that SAME night as it occurred? :n00b:

...and then the guys that stole the firearms are already bragging about it hours after it occurred... :n00b:

Banshee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    I agree...

It would good if we had a detailed story to see exactly how this happened.

A guy is robbed one night, he calls who first, the police or his friends...? :dunno:

His "friends" are already in the "know" about his neighbor stealing his guns that SAME night as it occurred? :n00b:

...and then the guys that stole the firearms are already bragging about it hours after it occurred... :n00b:

Police don't seem to care but several agencies show up and dust the entire place for prints?

abraham743

Marksman
    Rating - 98.1%
    51   1   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    Indy SS
    in the past I have had some things stolen including a couple of guns and it sucked and i wanted something done and i wanted it done now. but I also understand there is a process and thank God it is in place. because the day this process, rule,and law is gone is the day we become a place like Iraq or Afghanistan or Panama where us military types kick in doors because we heard or suspected something. i have seen this method work as well but its not how i want live

forkliftdave

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    madison
    Got a call from my daughter said she can home and her window was open. Then I went home to find my guns gone. The guy across the street was seen behind my house earlier by my daughter. My daughter gave the names of the people who were outside earlier. She had a party outside that evening. She 15 and because of that I sent back to her mothers in another county that night. The names of the people we gave to the police are of a known gang and they mainly still guns. The police know them all by name. The guy across the street has stolen his dads and grandfather guns in the past. I found out. I have lived in this house for 6 weeks. Some people at my work said they know of these people and would try to help me out. They have been able to give me the names of the two that took them. I have relayed the info to the police

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I think an officer assuming that your neighbors finger prints should be in your house is just pure stupidity. Because after all ASS U ME is exactly what he is setting himself up for.

How many here in this thread can actually say that they have their neighbors finger prints throughout their home?
    It depends how many neighbors the wife is letting in while you're at work:D:laugh:

forkliftdave

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    madison
    If his prints are in the house. He's guilty his has already said he wasn't in the house. Well he said that to me and a neighbor. I talked to him before knowing that he has been talking about stealing them

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU

If the ATF finds the guns, the guns will be sent to MEXICO;)

Top Bottom