• ...and so much more!
  • sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I agree...

It would good if we had a detailed story to see exactly how this happened.

A guy is robbed one night, he calls who first, the police or his friends...? :dunno:

His "friends" are already in the "know" about his neighbor stealing his guns that SAME night as it occurred? :n00b:

...and then the guys that stole the firearms are already bragging about it hours after it occurred... :n00b:

Beware, negative reps are flying about for those who are questioning the OP's report.

Now it comes out that a 15 year old daughter had a "party outside the house" on the evening of the "theft".

I wonder who might have been allowed to come to this party?

I too, would like to see the initial report, but I suspect that the investigating Officer considers this a civil matter, not a crime.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Beware, negative reps are flying about for those who are questioning the OP's report.

Now it comes out that a 15 year old daughter had a "party outside the house" on the evening of the "theft".

I wonder who might have been allowed to come to this party?

I too, would like to see the initial report, but I suspect that the investigating Officer considers this a civil matter, not a crime.

I honestly sympathize with the OP. Having something stolen from you is a horrible feeling. It's just that the OP's original post was info "lite" and I wanted the gaps to be filled in.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    BTW OP should submit he serial #s of his firearms to the mods so that the rest of us can be on the lookout, and not be sold stolen property.

(Kut wonders if THAT will happen)

Banshee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    So your sure your daughter is being honest with you when she said she had a party outside of the house? Maybe she let some of the gangsters inside to use the restroom

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I don't think trolling is going on here. I think the OP has been a victim of something in this whole thing. I sympathize with his anger and sense of loss.

One thing I always did, was to be brutally honest and up front with all my complainants. I guess, just like I am here on this forum. I never led anyone on about the eventual outcome of a case. I always looked the complainant in the eye and told them the truth about how I thought the case would go, based on the information provided to me by the complainant and witnesses. I then waited for the complainant to give me a reason to change my mind. I can count on one hand how many times that happened.

Whether you guys believe it or not, most victims and perpetrators know each other. A LOT of reports are generated when the relationship goes down hill. I don't know, but there is more to this OP's story. Maybe he doesn't know himself, but a frank discussion with the daughter might be in order.

That last might be presumptuous......But it has been true more often than not.

People deserve honesty and I don't think that the investigating Officer was straight up with the OP, or if he was, the OP is still blindly insisting that the authorities get his stuff back for him. Things don't work this way.

It is always easier to just take the report and go through the motions and let the brick wall come up against the complainent later when you are not around. It doesn't mean the responding Officer was not doing his job, it just means that he didn't want to stand there and argue with, and try to convince the OP that there was no crime committed.

I still suggest that the OP obtain a copy of the initial report to see what the Officer thinks about the incident.

Now having said all that I said, and all that others have said, the perps in this thing get raided by a multi-jurisdictional strike force because they have been under investigation for all kinds of offenses for a long time.

This is the internet and none of can possibly be aware of all things in this thread.

Last edited:

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I admit I haven't read all 9 pages....
    That being said, perhaps the little bastards are currently under investigation for some bigger stuff? I've heard that while someone is under such an investigation, police will not intervene in their day to day activities for various reasons, but just watch and wait.

shoot the radio

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Thread seems trollish in nature.....imho. that being said,I've had multiple steroes ripped off over the yrs....lifes a b*tch....thieves exist......id like see police report or get more info

forkliftdave

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    madison
    Im waiting. I hope they pay there due. I see sloughfoot is still putting in his two cents worth. I put him on the ignore list. So I wouldn't have to see his comments.

forkliftdave

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    madison
    Glock 22 40 cal. S#cnw985
    Berreta 96g 40 cal. S#ber397530
    Henry l/a 22 s#490947h
    Vietnam era colt with dpms lower s# ds14117
    Etts cont. Mle m16 8mm french carbine rifle number matching but I have no record of it
    S&w 22a pistol. I bought it new but I don't have s# gun shop sent the paper work off to the atf
    Have pictures in my avatar. The etts has the s# on the rear side of the stock but I can't read it

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Glock 22 40 cal. S#cnw985
    Berreta 96g 40 cal. S#ber397530
    Henry l/a 22 s#490947h
    Vietnam era colt with dpms lower s# ds14117
    Etts cont. Mle m16 8mm french carbine rifle number matching but I have no record of it
    S&w 22a pistol. I bought it new but I don't have s# gun shop sent the paper work off to the atf
    Have pictures in my avatar. The etts has the s# on the rear side of the stock but I can't read it

Awesome.... mods, stolen gun thread please

forkliftdave

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    madison
    They didn't get them all. Maybe they will come back. I cleaned the windows and polished the knobs. Got my game camera on. Wish we had a open season on the thiefs

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    They didn't get them all. Maybe they will come back. I cleaned the windows and polished the knobs. Got my game camera on. Wish we had a open season on the thiefs
    Just leave your front door open, with your wallet exposing $5,000 5 feet inside your house, have your shotgun with 00 buck, hide & wait for the thief like you would for a varmint:D My disclaimer is "I WAS JUST KIDDING";)

Top Bottom