• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shadow64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    Plainfield
    Timing is everything on GB. I have had good luck with auctions ending in the middle of the day, rather than the ones ending in "prime time" when everyone is home from work. But yeah, an auction ending during the Super Bowl airtime would be a good one to watch!
    I also have had good luck with auctions that end on monday or tuesday. Even had a seller ask me how I bought 3 guns from him in three separate auctions at low prices . I told him it was luck but he figured it out and all his stuff ends thursday thru sunday now .

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I hate when someone says "well that's what it's going for on gunbroker" It seems to me that the prices on there are artificially high, someone could just keep bidding to bump up the price, causing the "price" to be that high......
    That is annoying. GB can be a good resource for current prices on some firearms, especially high interest or uncommon/collectible items, but those prices are as much a reflection of the marketplace as current value of an item. No one should expect firearms to command as much in a face to face deal with an extremely limited group of potential buyers as it would on GB with visibility to millions of users. Yet, they still do. The sheer volume of potential customers makes it more likely that a couple will be interested in purchasing the same item and potentially running up the price.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Timing is everything on GB. I have had good luck with auctions ending in the middle of the day, rather than the ones ending in "prime time" when everyone is home from work. But yeah, an auction ending during the Super Bowl airtime would be a good one to watch!
    That's true on a macro time scale as well. Got that tax check and want to buy something shiny and new right away? You may well pay more for it if your bidding at a time when others are likely to be suddenly flush with cash. Want to buy a hunting rifle? You'll likely get a better deal when hunting season is over and Christmas bills come due.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    That is annoying. GB can be a good resource for current prices on some firearms, especially high interest or uncommon/collectible items, but those prices are as much a reflection of the marketplace as current value of an item. No one should expect firearms to command as much in a face to face deal with an extremely limited group of potential buyers as it would on GB with visibility to millions of users. Yet, they still do. The sheer volume of potential customers makes it more likely that a couple will be interested in purchasing the same item and potentially running up the price.

Indiana is part of the GB marketplace, so it's not unlikely that there'd be a person who'd be willing to pay what completed auctions on GB say is the going price. The odds are certainly better on GB, but the convenience of a local FTF sale can be attractive on both ends of the sale, just as dealing with GB can be a PITA on both ends.

Top Bottom