• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Yeah, the "bully" problem is a real problem. What you describe is so common as to become the de facto standard. I know of dozens of children/families in the same situation. Kid gets bullied (anything from name calling to sexual assault), the child defends themselves (anything from tattling to beating the **** out of their attacker), the School flips their lid on the child (anything from detention to suspension and threatening criminal charges), and NOTHING IS DONE AT ALL WITH THE BULLY. The School will not even tell the child's parents WHO the bully is, so they can deal with it. EVEN WHEN THE BULLYING HAPPENS OUTSIDE OF SCHOOL (not on property, and not during school hours). Schools are PROTECTING THE BULLIES in order to protect themselves. If they acknowledge it and deal with it, they must report it to the State, is the best I can figure. We absolutely know this is happening, as it is will documented in full with the most recent Florida school shooting. Years of documented issues that were deferred to lesser punishment or reported and ignored, specifically to satisfy a Government program to not punish students that break the law and have discipline issues. And that is the one we know about because it went "all the way". Like I mentioned above, I personally know of dozens just here locally with our local public schools, where parents are fighting against the SCHOOL to protect their child from other children. At least 1/2 have had to remove their child and homeschool or move to a private school. And the public school continued to threaten them with lawsuits, fines, and criminal charges ("if you take them out, you are contributing to the delinquency of a minor - which is illegal - and you could go to jail").

And we wonder why things escalate to even more violence. We refuse to protect our children from harm. Eventually, some few will figure out how to protect themselves. The rest... is even sadder.

Of course, the fact we delegated/relinquished this type of parental control to Schools is a more basic problem. Our school is not responsible for my kid's well-being. I am. If another child "bully's" mine, it is between me and their parents to deal with it. If the school gets in the way... so help me....

And this kicker.... my experience is with 4-Star schools that have otherwise stellar academic records - at least as far as the public is aware. I simply cannot imagine what is happening at the schools mentioned in the cases posted up-thread. Guns in a backpack seems..... almost prudent. I myself wouldn't walk through some areas after the school bell rings at day end. 99 problems, and getting jacked by a 9th-grader ain't one.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    To some there are no alternatives. What would you do. Fair question actually.
    We sent our 2 kids to the private Catholic system and sometimes we wonder why we went to all of that trouble and expense.
    Many can not afford to or have the option to home school or do private school.

In the end this is the world these kids will be living in. To hide them from it until they have to go out in it is doing them no favors.
    I was bullied every day of my life until 12/13 years old. I was fortunate that my uncles saw it and set me on a different path. But I survived it. Even getting beat up by 2 girls more than a few times and the ridicule that followed that. Life is tough. Very tough.

Alternatives.....????

There are many alternatives to public school. Everyone is aware of at least some of them: 13 Alternatives to Public School: Choices in non-public education. I understand that it may be difficult or impossible to to manage those options, but much like the current college system, the downsides to the public school system have grown so large that anyone that is concerned about their child's development should at least consider alternates.

Being bullied every day is not normal and shouldn't be tolerated. I'm very sorry that you seem to think it is.

Well being divorced I don't have much choice. My ex wouldn't go for home schooling I'm sure, and I would probably have to quit the job I have now to do it anyway.

Please look at and consider the options in the link above. I understand not going with the default may be more difficult, but consider if you really believe that the current system is the best available option for your kid(s). Good luck.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    There are many alternatives to public school. Everyone is aware of at least some of them: 13 Alternatives to Public School: Choices in non-public education. I understand that it may be difficult or impossible to to manage those options, but much like the current college system, the downsides to the public school system have grown so large that anyone that is concerned about their child's development should at least consider alternates.

Being bullied every day is not normal and shouldn't be tolerated. I'm very sorry that you seem to think it is.

Please look at and consider the options in the link above. I understand not going with the default may be more difficult, but consider if you really believe that the current system is the best available option for your kid(s). Good luck.

I have no other option. The judge ruled that my son will attend the school he is at now because his half sibling goes there. Even though they barely see each other, and their mother lives 3 counties away and I live a county and a half away. I spent $11,000 trying to get a judge to understand that my son having to drive roughly 75 minutes one way to school is ridiculous when I have a better school system right by my house and his mother drives right past it everyday.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    I have no other option. The judge ruled that my son will attend the school he is at now because his half sibling goes there. Even though they barely see each other, and their mother lives 3 counties away and I live a county and a half away. I spent $11,000 trying to get a judge to understand that my son having to drive roughly 75 minutes one way to school is ridiculous when I have a better school system right by my house and his mother drives right past it everyday.

Wow. So one government institution is knowingly forcing you to send your kid via a more difficult and expensive route to a lower quality education at another government institution. That's really f-ed up. Very sorry to hear it.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy

Name this judge please. If on a ballot, His/her position on the bench should not be retained.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Wow. So [STRIKE]one government institution[/STRIKE] your ex is knowingly forcing you to send your kid via a more difficult and expensive route to a lower quality education at another government institution. That's really f-ed up. Very sorry to hear it.

FIFY

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Name this judge please. If on a ballot, His/her position on the bench should not be retained.

Judge Nathan Verkamp

I'm doing my best to make sure he does not get reelected.

It really blows my mind that anyone would do that to their own kid, also blows my mind how little input a father has in court sometimes. While we do split everything 50/50 and I pay no child support, the whole school thing just irks me.

Edit: Didn't mean to thread jack, just had to add my experiences and thoughts.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Wow. So [STRIKE]one government institution[/STRIKE]your ex is knowingly forcing you to send your kid via a more difficult and expensive route to a lower quality education at another government institution. That's really f-ed up. Very sorry to hear it.

Fix failure. The ex couldn't force it and so went to the government whose primary power is force.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Is that what you got from my remarks. Really. Wow.
    No it is not acceptable. On any level but it happens.
    I said I was bullied. I said it is a tough world. And it is. Where did you get that from.
    The member stated he is divorced. No options for him. I have been there and trust me it is an endless struggle.
    I will have to read your alternatives when I get off my phone. We are looking for our granddaughters. Hopefully there is a viable option in that link.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Judge Nathan Verkamp

I'm doing my best to make sure he does not get reelected.

It really blows my mind that anyone would do that to their own kid, also blows my mind how little input a father has in court sometimes. While we do split everything 50/50 and I pay no child support, the whole school thing just irks me.

Edit: Didn't mean to thread jack, just had to add my experiences and thoughts.

I was in the same class as his brother. His brother was valedictorian. I ran into his brother on the beach at Patoka lake and caught up. He was unemployed, I had a good job. His brother Nathan was a few years behind, but he was always a little d**k. So he probably still is a d""k.
    He ran unopposed in the primary and barely got elected.
    Just my :twocents:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Wow. So one government institution is knowingly forcing you to send your kid via a more difficult and expensive route to a lower quality education at another government institution. That's really f-ed up. Very sorry to hear it.

If you have never been in this insanity it is so hard to understand. The courts could give a crap about the outcomes. We have struggled with this for years. Men are fairly powerless in the system. Regardless of what lawyers you bring to the fight. Get a female judge and hold on because it is gonna be a rough ride.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Not the same judge but near the same experiences.
    If you are a man you will not win that fight.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I was in the same class as his brother. His brother was valedictorian. I ran into his brother on the beach at Patoka lake and caught up. He was unemployed, I had a good job. His brother Nathan was a few years behind, but he was always a little d**k. So he probably still is a d""k.
    He ran unopposed in the primary and barely got elected.
    Just my :twocents:

You're probably familiar with Newton street. My great grandmother was born a Newton. We're direct descendants of John Newton. Blood, not relation.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    You have shared custody. Sucks you're the one that has to travel when taking him to school. Maybe the judge thought you could bear it better than she could. Anyway, good for you for getting joint custody.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    You have shared custody. Sucks you're the one that has to travel when taking him to school. Maybe the judge thought you could bear it better than she could. Anyway, good for you for getting joint custody.

Sad part is, she travels farther than I do. He goes to Loogootee. I live just outside Ferdinand and she now lives in Tell City. She had a house in Loogootee, but it was empty and she only kept it during the court case to say she lived there. She actually moved in with her boyfriend in tell city during the court case, and has now sold her house in Loogootee.

She even admitted during court that she stays down in Tell City more often than not. Which was still a lie, she never stayed in the empty house.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom