• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Don't take this wrong, CM, but that's because you actually get it that "parent" is a verb and not just a noun. There are SO many "parents" out there that don't have the first inkling what it means to actually BE a parent. I see the results every single school day. It's so easy to tell which kids have parents who a) have a clue and b) really care about their kids' success compared to those who don't. Sadly, letting "the street" raise kids seems to be in fashion nowadays for way, WAY too many "parents"...
    So, how do we fix THAT? Because, if we can fix THAT, we fix a lot of the problem.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I was bullied constantly in school for most of high school.

My dad kept his guns on a gun rack, no locks not hidden. Just out in the open. Ammo was locked up but it wouldn't be hard to get some.

I was also taught to respect guns and not to touch his **** or my world would end.

Never once did I ever even consider taking one to school to fix my bully problem. I was in school when columbine happened and even then I thought it was insane.

My parents taught me that if I ever got into a fight bc I was defending myself there would be no trouble for me when I got home regardless as to how the school decided to punish me.

As many of you have said. It's parenting. Kids shoot schools bc they have no power or support.

Also I feel, not to high jack this thread, but many of the shooters are looking for glory, we need to stop reporting these things on a national level. Keep it local and keep it as short as the other new segments.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    At 59 years old? No, probably not (although I do abide by the law when forced to disarm in government facilities, etc.). At 14 or 15? Wouldn't be a consideration. Just wouldn't do it, nor would I have been allowed to do so, at least not with a handgun.

I imagine that's because of the environment you were raised. If that environment was a drug infested, crime ridden gang turf areas, you might have had a different opinion.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    So, how do we fix THAT? Because, if we can fix THAT, we fix a lot of the problem.

HAH! If any of us had a real answer that would actually work, we could literally change the world!!

If you believe the Democrats, the answer is to provide free this, reduced price that, everything under the sun free from obligation or responsibility... As. If.

Sadly, it no longer seems realistic to demand or even expect folks take responsibility for their actions and themselves, let alone their dependents. That's just not "woke" enough or PC enough or whatever enough for today's society to tolerate.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    What I want to know how is the hell are they getting caught? I'm guessing they're showing them to their "friends."

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    What I want to know how is the hell are they getting caught? I'm guessing they're showing them to their "friends."
    Some were, no doubt. One kid was said to be acting "erratic" (on drugs perhaps) at Lawrence Central, which prompted the search of his backpack. I think the kid at Ben Davis was smoking in the bathroom, which prompted the search.

Top Bottom