• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    Model 12 Winchester, 16 Ga. My dad bought it new, and took a lot o game with it. My brother hunted with it a lot and then it was my turn. I carried that gun on more hunts than I can count. A few years ago I Proudly passed it on to my son, with the understanding it is to stay in our family.

JasonB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2013
    Pittsboro, IN
    '70's Remington 870 Wingmaster - Inherited from my Grandfather in 2006... Just put post on here considering changing out stocks as the factory recoil pad has saw far better days and it will nearly break your shoulder anymore to shoot slugs through it... Can't bring myself to change the look so Remington replacement pad to the rescue and let the old gal sit in the safe to shoot once in a while.

Remington Model 12 pump 22 (1930) - Also from Grandfather was one of two 22 rifles I learned to shoot with him as a kid... Still the best shooting open sight gun I own.

I'd seriously consider sell the wife before I'd consider selling either of them...

Ebrueckmann

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I have a ruger 10/22 and an 870 20ga youth that my dad got for me when I was young. Also a knight inline muzzy that I took my first deer with. I'd never get rid of any of those.

birdslayer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Walkerton
    Savage 99. ( two generations) still the coolest thing in athe safe. And my great grand dads remmy sxs remmy 12 guage. ( still remember shooting paper shells and bruised shoulders as a wee ladd. Pricless to me.

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Actually there are several:
    My deceased son's (Epsylum on this forum) favorites: SA Lightweight Champion Operator, Tromix Saiga 12, Arsenal AK in 5.56, S&W MP15T. These remain as they were and are shared with his brother.
    The Remington 541P (pre WW2) I learned to shoot with and taught my sons to shoot with. It was my fathers.
    The Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter that was a Christmas gift from my two sons.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    LC Smith Side by each, Field grade that was originally my grandfathers, a JC Higgens (Sears) bolt 22lr from my father and a Colt frontiersman hand made by a gunsmith named S. Webb. None of thease will ever leave my hands.

Mitchell0481

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Crown point
    My marlin model 60 I got for my 10th birthday. I was just cleaning it last night. Have not shot it In a few years, just took it out and cleaned it for the hell of it. I think I will shoot it this weekend.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    DNN_8445w.jpg

Ruger MK-678 inherited from my late brother 14 years ago.

genehopkins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    My grandpa's 870. He kept it by his bedside for so long that the pattern from the chair it rested against is in the barrel. I have shot several deer with it and a few turkey. I still take it hunting so that he can hunt with me, even though he has been gone for 20 years.

2 151 INF

Shooter
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    South Bend
    Family members never passed down any firearms to me, but last year when my wife and I got married I spent our wedding money on a socom 16 m1a. That and the 1911 my wife bought for me for fathers day. I'd sell everything else with little remorse.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    I wheel and deal so much that I don't really have a gun I'd consider the one that means the most to me. However, if I had to choose one, I'd choose my 1938 Tula Mosin Nagant. That was my first gun my dad bought me. I'll never get rid of it.

PaulOctane

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    NWI
    It's either the Marlin 990 DU that was left to me by my grandfather, or the Marlin 25N that was left to me by my friend/mentor after he died.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    i look foward to giving away some guns SOMEDAY.....and then they will mean even more to me...i know the libs out there would cringe at that notion....but how many of our ancestors passed down swords and other weapons that were symbolic of family and freedom? just sayin

metaldog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Indy
    Oh gee, where do I start?
    Near all of my weapons have some sentimental value, as most of you can relate...

-Inland Arms M1 Carbine (1943)... Was with dad when he bought it for $250, Twenty years ago. Dad since has passed & it was his favorite. Now its my favorite.
    -Remington 700 BDL in .30-06 (1994), NEVER fired! LBN.
    -Steven 77F 20ga. - Great for bird hunting!
    -SKS Carbine -first high power rifle I ever bought.
    -Remington 1858 revolver (replica) - loud bang! lotsa smoke!

And my newest addition: a 1974 Colt commander I snagged off gunbroker recently. Always wanted one & finally got it! :D

warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I have three I would never sell

Glock 17 that was a gift from my mom
    Remington speed-master 552 22lr gift for Christmas when I was 11 from my mom
    1877 colt was my grandfathers EDC pistol years ago

Bull1315

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Terre Haute
    I guess I have 3 that will never be sold. I have an old Stevens double barrel shotgun in 16gauge that my grandpa carried, A Winchester Model 88 lever action in .243 That my father always hunted with. And finally a Hungarian femaru model 37 that my father took off of a German Officer during WW2. These are keepers for me.

metaldog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Indy
    It took some time to talk my dad into letting me take that one home. I would love to go to the range that pistol but don't want to risk damaging her
    I suggest: take it to a good smith, have him do a function/reliability inspection on it. Then decide if you want to shoot it.
    My guess is, its solid enough to go have some enjoyment with it. My M1 Carbine is 70 years old & functions flawlessly!

Top Bottom