• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    If I were to give up one of my rights, like being able to OC, just so people weren't scared and it wouldn't be a hassle to me, I don't think I would tell anyone about it. People have been conditioned in this country that if they complain about something, even if it is legal, it will be made to go away.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Was there a law broken by a man walking into a place to eat with his family with a legal firearm? Hide it so that people are ok with it???? Are you serious?????

As a heart attack. His choice of carrying generated a police call. That resulted in his own kid getting upset. And we know it had to have caused a ruckus within the establishment. And once again for what? A statement? To look cool or intimidating? Just because it is legal? Are you serious? There are many things legal but that doesn't mean I am gonna do them just because. Common Sense people!!!

bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    There are certain things I don't like to see in public either but does that mean I have the right to make you quit doing it, even though you are not hurting anyone or breaking any laws. The manager caused the ruckus by involving the police and not coming to the gentleman and asking him quietly if he would mind covering up. I bet the vast majority of the people there didn't even notice until the police showed up with their guns in plain site.

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    +1 for keeping your cool and holding that manager to his own words. As a healthcare professional I have to frown upon a second trip to the buffet. Portion control-Yes. Gun control-Heck No!

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    As a heart attack. His choice of carrying generated a police call. That resulted in his own kid getting upset. And we know it had to have caused a ruckus within the establishment. And once again for what? A statement? To look cool or intimidating? Just because it is legal? Are you serious? There are many things legal but that doesn't mean I am gonna do them just because. Common Sense people!!!

I wasn't aware that the sworn duties of the police include enforcing "common sense" in addition to the law.

I wouldn't have nearly as much problem with law enforcement's approach to this if, once they determined someone was legal, they STFU and left everyone alone. But they don't do that. They stand around and lecture about "common sense." They try to get people to obey the law in only the manner THEY see fit. They talk to managers and try to get them to ban the carrier from the premises. And don't even try to tell me that doesn't happen... I know firsthand it happens.

I bet you'd be a lot happier of open carry was illegal in this state, wouldn't you?

bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    I wasn't aware that the sworn duties of the police include enforcing "common sense" in addition to the law.

I wouldn't have nearly as much problem with law enforcement's approach to this if, once they determined someone was legal, they STFU and left everyone alone. But they don't do that. They stand around and lecture about "common sense." They try to get people to obey the law in only the manner THEY see fit. They talk to managers and try to get them to ban the carrier from the premises. And don't even try to tell me that doesn't happen... I know firsthand it happens.

I bet you'd be a lot happier of open carry was illegal in this state, wouldn't you?
    :rockwoot:

Rsmith

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Morgan County
    There are a couple of people posting in this thread that make me uncomfortable. I think they should stop posting here or I may have to call the police. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE

jdewyse

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    +1 to the OP for keeping your cool. If a LEO started to reach for my person I don't think I would have handled that very well. As for the OC vs. CC argument, who cares just carry.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    If I owned a business, I wouldn't care.......unless more than 1 customer complained about it, then I would probably just ask you to cover it up or leave.

Same with customers who stink, swear, are loud, rude, annoying, public display of affection, or any other legal activity that creates an uncomfortable enviroment for my customers

calling the police is a bit much

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    In all honesty, don't you get tired of spouting the same useless drivel? Face it, people that have made the choice to OC are not going to be swayed by the same argument you insert in every OC thread.

No Sir just stating what I believe should be common sense. It matters none to me how one chooses to carry if they are legal. Some of my co workers (LEO'S) chose to carry open. It just seems strange to me that when those that do OC get attention, they get all flamed and feel the need to tell the world. After all do not people OC for the attention?

hoosierken

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I see that much of the problem with open carry is people's perception. Heck, a lot of people don't even know who their own senator or congressman, or even mayor is. How would they know gun laws when they don't own any?
    I've wondered about a state OC Awareness Day where we would all openly wear our firearms to display a basic constitutional right on the same day. Maybe if the media could do their jobs and talk about it fairly, then the uninformed public would learn to not fear a piece of metal hanging on our belts.
    Most people couldn't name one of our rights in the constitution. Shame about that.
    Just a thought anyway.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton

No I would not be happier if OC was illegal. But I am afraid if these type of incidents keep occurring that will be the end result.

I have been to many a MWAG call and I have not lectured anyone. I explain why I am there doing what I have been sent to do and that I might have been able to be attending to more pressing matters.

Steeler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Clark county
    They treated him okay if you consider bothering you during a family outing and put you through an illegal search and seizure by going through your personal information with NO PROBABLE CAUSE. Nothing illegal was done here other than by the police. They are the ones in this scenario who should have known the law and gave the manager the opportunity to ask him to cover his weapon or leave and that is all. It is sad that people are also conditioned by terrible encounters so that when an encounter that is just as illegal just put nicer seems to be ok. B.S. :xmad::xmad::xmad::twocents:

Amen. Rep 4 U.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    "
    Does your daughter's "getting upset" at the sight of LE conversing with daddy somehow trump a patron's concern at the sight of a firearm?

I don't have a child, but if I did the answer to this would be

YES.

Both concerns are a result of unhealthy societal conditioning, so that fact that one of MY children had been brainwashed would be of more importance than some stranger being brainwashed.

Top Bottom