• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Eh, I'm going to disagree... I think the mullahs thought the much published "90%" effectiveness of the iron dome would yield them 30ish impacts on military and civilian targets... and likely were arrogant in thinking their tech was superior to the average middle East stuff, and that they would beat the over-under.

That their assault was almost completely repelled no doubt opened their eyes somewhat. (read that as they **** their robes)

I'd say that since there is still debate in the war cabinet, Israel will mostly attack Iranian drone, cruise missile and ballistic missile launch and assembly/manufacture sites... with primary emphasis on ballistic missile capabilities. If possible, to utterly defang Iran's offensive capability to strike Israel from Iran... hard to "rain down" 1500 missiles when you have none left.
    What if that is a feature and not a bug? What if they seek a pretext for nuclear breakout because they 'need' a nuclear option to protect them from Israel? They certainly already possess a delivery system, then they use nuclear blackmail to preserve the regime, ala the Norks

How much of the world would blindly/mindlessly support their openly becoming a nuclear state? Too much, I'm afraid

rbhargan

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    What if that is a feature and not a bug? What if they seek a pretext for nuclear breakout because they 'need' a nuclear option to protect them from Israel? They certainly already possess a delivery system, then they use nuclear blackmail to preserve the regime, ala the Norks

How much of the world would blindly/mindlessly support their openly becoming a nuclear state? Too much, I'm afraid
    Possessing nukes hasn't helped Israel much. Unless the leadership of a nation is viewed as mentally unstable (North Korea), nukes do not deter aggression. If the radical Islamists get nukes, I would not be surprised if they used them. At that point the use of tactical nukes may become "normal." Also, if Iran has nukes, how long before terrorists possess them?

At some point in the future, people will be looking back at the last few years and wondering how Western leadership could have allowed things to get so out of hand. :dunno:

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN

As opposed to their current pursuit of nuclear weapons?

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Possessing nukes hasn't helped Israel much. Unless the leadership of a nation is viewed as mentally unstable (North Korea), nukes do not deter aggression. If the radical Islamists get nukes, I would not be surprised if they used them. At that point the use of tactical nukes may become "normal." Also, if Iran has nukes, how long before terrorists possess them?

At some point in the future, people will be looking back at the last few years and wondering how Western leadership could have allowed things to get so out of hand. :dunno:
    I thought Iran IS terrorists

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You mean used? Because they're always 'out' and just one PAL code away from being used

And I believe, because of the likelihood of being involved in a retaliatory strike, that the officers of an SSBN can launch on their own without the need for PAL

SSBNs and PALs don't work together, because underwater you are on your own.
    The only radio available would be Extremely Low Freq (ELF), and that has VERY low transmission speed.
    Unless you're going to require a sub to come up shallow enough for a floating antenna, which is a bit faster, but then more risk of detection, or put an antenna up, which has MORE risks...

After that, then there is the risk that there is no one to send the PAL.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You left off that the conditions of the armistice in WWI were a huge part of their financial woes.
    I was just hitting the highlights.
    Not going after explaining each point.

But you are right.

People should be punished.
    But it should not be so much that then they decide they have nothing to lose.

Ashton1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2022
    Indianapolis
    It seems like the destabilization of the oppressive iranian regime would be good for the people. Instead of wasting US lives to blow people up and stick our own puppet government, why not manufacture 50k Ruger barkeeps, or other modern version of the Liberator pistol, and airdrop them to civilians there?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    It seems like the destabilization of the oppressive iranian regime would be good for the people. Instead of wasting US lives to blow people up and stick our own puppet government, why not manufacture 50k Ruger barkeeps, or other modern version of the Liberator pistol, and airdrop them to civilians there?
    We did that once. The Iranians have a very long memory and haven't forgotten which is why they've been an admitted enemy of this country for decades.

If destabilization would be good for Iran it needs to start and end with Iranians.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    We did that once. The Iranians have a very long memory and haven't forgotten which is why they've been an admitted enemy of this country for decades.

If destabilization would be good for Iran it needs to start and end with Iranians.
    The younger Iranians want this I think. Heck, I remember right after the hostage crisis thing in '79/80, I met a couple of Iranian guys up in Lafayette. They were pretty cool, and basically apologetic for the way that their "country" was behaving. The mullahs have an iron grip on things though.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The younger Iranians want this I think. Heck, I remember right after the hostage crisis thing in '79/80, I met a couple of Iranian guys up in Lafayette. They were pretty cool, and basically apologetic for the way that their "country" was behaving. The mullahs have an iron grip on things though.
    I won't claim to know where the balance lies, I do know there were many Iranians who were very happy when the country began adopting a much more American way of life. I don't hate all or even a majority of Iranians, I don't hold them any more accountable individually as I want to be held accountable for pretty much anything the U.S. government has done overseas in the past 80 years. I hate it for them and hope the best for them but the era of U.S. interference around the world is ending and quick. The sooner our leaders figure that out the better off we'll all be.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

So you want to see global trade shut down, oil prices jump off the charts, and see potentially nuclear arms in the hands of terrorists. Alright then.

Haven't we played this ****ing stupid game enough times in the past 50 years to realize the end result is ALWAYS worse than if we stopped ****ing with everyone?

Not to mention, the government they have currently is going to be moderate in comparison to what follows, especially if anyone gets the hint that the reason their country is a mess is because the US caused it. We used to be on really good terms with Iran, and the reason for that is largely the reason why we're on such bad terms now.

Because we keep sticking our nose where it doesn't belong, and then act surprised when it incurs consequences.

Last edited:

Ashton1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2022
    Indianapolis
    How do you recommend we stop people attacking us? If we want to maintain global trade and the dominance of the dollar, that is one thing, but how do we make nice even if we are ok with our global position slipping without getting torn apart by either china or other invasions?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    How do you recommend we stop people attacking us?
    Maybe stop meddling in other countries affairs to begin with.
    but how do we make nice even if we are ok with our global position slipping without getting torn apart by either china or other invasions?
    How does our meddling in other countries affairs stop China or someone else from invading us?

We have a naturally defensible position. Focus our efforts at a strong defense rather than having hundreds of bases all throughout the World. Wasting money is what out government is best at.

Top Bottom