• ...and so much more!
  • Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Thats what happens when used as a hammer.....:):

LOL I may see about re profiling the frame a bit tonight. Worst case scenario is that HiPoint sends me a new one.

A little parts update.

I was working on making my own flat faced trigger from bar stock aluminum, without a mill it's just way too much work. I found this one. They also have a steel guide rod that I may pick up.

The rear sight is something I'm thinking about going full stupid on. I'm really not excited to drop a new chunk of plastic into the frame that is all polished. I will have access to a mill at my new job, so I am thinking about making a rear sight out of steel.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    The rear sight is something I'm thinking about going full stupid on. I'm really not excited to drop a new chunk of plastic into the frame that is all polished. I will have access to a mill at my new job, so I am thinking about making a rear sight out of steel.

Thank you for not stealing my side mounted rmr idea. :):

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    sWtDZXu.jpg

jk2bbv1.jpg

dvAz3KI.jpg

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Frame isn't so bad... I probably need to get it cerakoted, but I'll be danged if I'm going to put any money into this thing lol Even decided against changing the trigger I like the purity it has and i'm cheap. Every single stamped metal piece has been deburred and cleaned. It's buttery smooth. I may just put the grips on it tonight and call it a day with this project. Maybe revisit later and finish out the frame with a proper coat of black. I need to figure out what to do with the rear sight. I think it it really needs a filler made out of metal and a fixed rear sight. It's not like I'm going to ever shoot it anyway. I'm no machinist so progress will be slow on that front.

3taAGaV.jpg

OTway6O.jpg

Top Bottom