• ...and so much more!
  • Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Thats what happens when used as a hammer.....:):

LOL I may see about re profiling the frame a bit tonight. Worst case scenario is that HiPoint sends me a new one.

A little parts update.

I was working on making my own flat faced trigger from bar stock aluminum, without a mill it's just way too much work. I found this one. They also have a steel guide rod that I may pick up.

The rear sight is something I'm thinking about going full stupid on. I'm really not excited to drop a new chunk of plastic into the frame that is all polished. I will have access to a mill at my new job, so I am thinking about making a rear sight out of steel.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    The rear sight is something I'm thinking about going full stupid on. I'm really not excited to drop a new chunk of plastic into the frame that is all polished. I will have access to a mill at my new job, so I am thinking about making a rear sight out of steel.

Thank you for not stealing my side mounted rmr idea. :):

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    sWtDZXu.jpg

jk2bbv1.jpg

dvAz3KI.jpg

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Frame isn't so bad... I probably need to get it cerakoted, but I'll be danged if I'm going to put any money into this thing lol Even decided against changing the trigger I like the purity it has and i'm cheap. Every single stamped metal piece has been deburred and cleaned. It's buttery smooth. I may just put the grips on it tonight and call it a day with this project. Maybe revisit later and finish out the frame with a proper coat of black. I need to figure out what to do with the rear sight. I think it it really needs a filler made out of metal and a fixed rear sight. It's not like I'm going to ever shoot it anyway. I'm no machinist so progress will be slow on that front.

3taAGaV.jpg

OTway6O.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom