• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lt Scott 14

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Porter County
    Ive also seen empty or darn near display cases in most LGS. Some dealers are buying up used Handguns, putting in cases, and gone in 24-48 hours. Fast turnover. Used market is happening, but ammo is the real hurt. Shelves really empty, some in and some out, but if you arent there at the right time.... nada.

I learned from Pres Obummer years that stocking up is the secret. I bought up 12ga shotguns, ammo, both buckshot and birdshot, and when things got better, 22lr for plinking. Saw 550 paks going for $90! No way! waited till sun shined, Obummer gone, miracle occured! 550 paks then $35! Bought plenty to last. Handgun ammo, also cheaper, stocked plenty.

So, in conclusion, early bird gets worm. 10- 50 cal ammo cans full, mixed but all full. cases of 12 SG shells, spare mags for all(thinking i have 15- 1911 mags all loaded with 230 gr ball, numerous 15 rd and even 20 rd Sig Sauer/Glock, and speedloaders fully filled if needed for revolvers) Wifey signed up for a handgun course, to go with her new LTCH, and asked if we had a box of 38Spec target ammo? Pulled out ammo can with 38Sp letters and said pick this up! She barely budged it and laughed! Yep we are covered!

I'm sure many of you are prepped till elections pass. I sure hope we can hold the the line for defensive and sport shooting sports amid these tough times. If you are seriously looking to buy firearms now, you are so behind the curve of demand. I also read that Brazil just received a bumper crop of Glock handguns to the tune of $$$millions. Is Taurus gone from there?

Good luck, aim small-miss small. Enjoy your sports!

Last edited:

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Well I just drove 45 mins to get small pistol primers but did get them cheaper than from store, so i would say panic has hit but more on ammo and supplies than guns from my observations

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    https://www.nhbr.com/demand-for-guns-outpaces-sturm-rugers-production/

An unprecedented run on guns — partly due to Covid-19 — is so strong, that Sturm Ruger and Company can’t produce them fast enough, again partly due to Covid-19.

“The incredible surge in demand outstripped our production capacity, ” said CEO Christopher Killoy, in an earnings call on Thursday. In his 30 years in the industry, “This is probably the strongest level of demand that I’ve seen,” including the surge preceding the assault weapons ban.

The demand surge didn’t lead to a hiring surge. Indeed, the company suspended hiring from March until June – and even gave employees a couple of staggered weeks off – as it tried to figure out how to step up production while maintaining the sanitation, social distancing, protective equipment and health protocols needed to prevent an outbreak that could bring an entire facility to a standstill. Those precautions cost the company about $3 million, through reductions in traveling and trade shows offset that by a $1 million. Since then, the company has hired 50 employees bringing the total to 1,600 between it’s three facilities.

It also meant that production simply couldn’t keep up with the demand. Indeed, in the first quarter, production actually was off slightly, and while in the second quarter the number of units produced went up by a quarter – the orders nearly tripled. The backlog of 767,000 guns at the end of the quarter, is six times than it was the year before. The inventory – some 97,000 guns – was down from 388,000 from a year ago, and less than half the 224,000 at the beginning of the quarter.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I've been surprised at how much old guns have gone up on GB. I can understand panic buying on hi cap modern stuff as that's what the lefties scream about all the time, but SAAs and Winchesters?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've been surprised at how much old guns have gone up on GB. I can understand panic buying on hi cap modern stuff as that's what the lefties scream about all the time, but SAAs and Winchesters?

It's because you keep showing pics of your collection. You've single-handedly increased demand Leadeye! :):

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Local Academy Sports in Evansville has empty ammo shelves except for .243, .22 birdshot and some shotgun shells. Rifle racks had precisely one AR, and some bolties, no self-defense shotties. Hand gun cases were 3/4 empty although some Springfield and Smith and Wesson 9mm autos were available, along with some .22 pistols.

Don't ask me about Dick's Sporting Goods, I don't go in there anymore.

skydelta34

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indianapolis
    My recent experience around Indianapolis area is Rural King and KSE still have decent options if you are a first time handgun buyer. Of course ammo is a problem about anywhere. I have made some purchases at palmetto state armory for ammo but you need to check it regularly. It's like concert tickets, sold out in minutes.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I shot at Shoot Point Blank in Carmel last Thursday, no Glocks or 9/40/45/380 ammo.
    Those who say they see Glocks out there, I say BS, as I cannot find a Gen 3 G -23 anywhere in central Indiana, SR Jenkins PolicevSupply in Indy does have Blue Label Glocks in stock if you qualify as LEO or Veteran.

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I was waiting for the HK SP5’s to come down to close to their retail price. I should have picked one up when they were sub $3000 but so it goes.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    I've been trying to find a 300 blackout pistol and everybody acts like I'm trying to buy a clorox wipe pallet.

If I were still an FFL, in this frenzied market, I think I'd be concentrating on common calibers for both guns and ammo. I'd leave the "boutique" rounds for those who specialize in that.

That may be the root of the problem you're seeing. Common, like I can pull magazines off the bodies of my defeated enemies, and continue the fight. That ain't .300 Blackout.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    If you want a 6.5 Creedmoor bolt action my lgs has two. I believe one is a Savage and the other is TC Compass. They have what looks like 30 boxes of ammo for the 6.5 Creedmoor also. That was Friday morning. Several older double barrel shotguns as well. Three handguns left. Not much else. They are thinking about closing up until they can get supplies in and reopen. Just come in for transfers. I feel sorry for them. Being a small shop the big companies get all the stock choices first.

mechmc17

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 21, 2020
    Zionsville
    I also read that Brazil just received a bumper crop of Glock handguns to the tune of $$$millions.

Could this be why Glocks are so hard to find? I was able to pick up a 43x in April but otherwise have seen almost nothing. I’m signed up for stock alerts in multiple places online but rarely get notices of any Glock 9mm models being restocked. The few times email notifications have come in, they are gone within an hour.

That could make sense if some production capacity is being sent to Brazil.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I shot at Shoot Point Blank in Carmel last Thursday, no Glocks or 9/40/45/380 ammo.
    Those who say they see Glocks out there, I say BS, as I cannot find a Gen 3 G -23 anywhere in central Indiana, SR Jenkins PolicevSupply in Indy does have Blue Label Glocks in stock if you qualify as LEO or Veteran. [/QUOTE]

Did Glock extend the purchase program for DD214 holding veterans ? I thought that had ended last year.

Top Bottom