• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Question for those of you who own plenty of guns that you don't plan on selling. At what price point do you start to take profit? 300%? 500%? 2,000%?

Things went crazy during the last panic. $5,000 to $10,000 plain Jane semi ARs. At what point do you say "I've got a few ARs. I could let a couple go for $5000 each"?

I think if Trump wins, we won't see that. But in the unlikely event Biden wins, in the insterstitial between election and inauguration, I expect gun prices to soar to astronomical levels. Incomprehensible levels.

What is the tipping point there? Do you really want to try to balance being a warlord when everything goes to ****, and being "Man" in The Road, and having 2 rounds in a revolver to take care of you and "Boy" so you don't feel it when the cannibals get you? :eek:

None of us can predict where the prices will go. Back around 2000 I started selling NFA stuff as I figured it would never go any higher and it helped pay for my son's college. Boy howdy was that a mistake.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Question for those of you who own plenty of guns that you don't plan on selling. At what price point do you start to take profit? 300%? 500%? 2,000%?

Things went crazy during the last panic. $5,000 to $10,000 plain Jane semi ARs. At what point do you say "I've got a few ARs. I could let a couple go for $5000 each"?

I think if Trump wins, we won't see that. But in the unlikely event Biden wins, in the insterstitial between election and inauguration, I expect gun prices to soar to astronomical levels. Incomprehensible levels.

What is the tipping point there? Do you really want to try to balance being a warlord when everything goes to ****, and being "Man" in The Road, and having 2 rounds in a revolver to take care of you and "Boy" so you don't feel it when the cannibals get you? :eek:

As of right now it would take $2K + to break even on most of my AR's. So no I DOUBT TO EVER SEE ANY PROFIT FROM THEM BUT i DID NOT BUILD THEM TO SELL ACTUALLY. Damned caps lock...:):

Now $3K would get my attention I am sure.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Talking to an LGS today. PSA AR 15 went there for $1,300.
    Anderson AR 15 is marked for $850, and has received looks.
    Bunch of other budget ARs there marked prob 40% higher than normal, and they're still selling out.
    safe to say the panic is here.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County

If Biden wins and the NY AG is successful is disbanding the NRA it's a very real and distinct possibility we will have an "Assault weapons" ban and a limit to 10 rounds or less in mags.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    If Biden wins and the NY AG is successful is disbanding the NRA it's a very real and distinct possibility we will have an "Assault weapons" ban and a limit to 10 rounds or less in mags.

Wonder how they will classify NFA stuff, like belts.

Top Bottom