• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Did Glock extend the purchase program for DD214 holding veterans ? I thought that had ended last year.

[STRIKE]According to this, No: https://us.glock.com/en/buy/blue-label-program

Unless the program exception is noted elsewhere.

Military personnel including Reservists and National Guard with I.D also includes retired Military with “retired” credentials
    (Military picture ID front & back)
    DD214/discharge papers do not qualify – If you cannot submit your ID please use our dealer locator to find a dealer in your area
    [/STRIKE]

Update/Edited 4-Aug. From what I see on another site DD-214 is eligible until 11-Nov-2020

glock_vets_program_2020_slide.png

Last edited:

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Mindfulman, SR Jenkins Police Supply in Indianapolis, had Glock Blue Label G-17/19/43/43X/19X and gen 4 Glock- 22's on display for those qualified as of last week, starting at $398.20 (+) tax, I need a neck chain so I will be stopping by tomorrow after lunch, I can see whats in the display case this time, Veterans need a DD-214 or Veterans ID Card, Drivers License active or retired Military ID and payment, LEO PD/FD/EMS etc etc just Department ID and Drivers License with payment.

Get them while they last.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Mindfulman, SR Jenkins Police Supply in Indianapolis, had Glock Blue Label G-17/19/43/43X/19X and gen 4 Glock- 22's on display for those qualified as of last week, starting at $398.20 (+) tax, I need a neck chain so I will be stopping by tomorrow after lunch, I can see whats in the display case this time, Veterans need a DD-214 or Veterans ID Card, Drivers License active or retired Military ID and payment, LEO PD/FD/EMS etc etc just Department ID and Drivers License with payment.

Be sure to ask for what particular model you want. Sometimes they get them in and don't put them out right away.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

Wow ..... thanks. I'm glad to hear that the program is still active. Although my original DD214 is in my safety deposit box, I keep a copy at home.
    I'm thinking another Glock would be a fine idea. Right now, I only have one firearm (a Sig 229) in 357Sig caliber..... I've often thought I need a second. :)
    Although I'm open to the other ones that you listed .... especially the 43X.
    I'll just stop in myself, and ask what they have.

(and thanks for the other responses, WS & Rt45)

Katana1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Just wondering what you've seen lately, because I've been doing private sales or internet purchases for the last few years. I'm not intentionally doing that, it's just how it's worked out.

Are your local shops stocked, and what are prices like?

Depends. You can likely find some black powder guns at reasonable prices. Everyting else is just about gone.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Mindful let us know what you find, Greta/Misty/Kelly will help you out, don’t miss out on the “BACKROOM”, full of gear.
    last time I was in and I found what I needed so I don’t have to visit this week, there was one Glock-27 Gen 3 used for $300, but its gone now, so if they have any used Glocks let us all know.
    Have fun.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Mindful let us know what you find, Greta/Misty/Kelly will help you out, don’t miss out on the “BACKROOM”, full of gear.
    last time I was in and I found what I needed so I don’t have to visit this week, there was one Glock-27 Gen 3 used for $300, but its gone now, so if they have any used Glocks let us all know.
    Have fun.

Will do .... thanks !

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I went to Indiana Gun Club yesterday and minus the expensive stuff the shelves were the barest I have ever seen them. Though they did have 500 round boxes of Browning 9mm for $170~ a box which is about what federal is selling for on line

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

I just checked another site GTDist.com that does blue label and they had a banner saying DD-214 through Nov 11, 2020 so sounds like it is still on even though the official Glock page doesn't show the promotion. So it should still be active.

glock_vets_program_2020_slide.png

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I just went to the vault - none of my guns are currently panicking.

Though, the East German Makarov was trying to convince American Rugers they should be wearing face masks.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    Question for those of you who own plenty of guns that you don't plan on selling. At what price point do you start to take profit? 300%? 500%? 2,000%?

Things went crazy during the last panic. $5,000 to $10,000 plain Jane semi ARs. At what point do you say "I've got a few ARs. I could let a couple go for $5000 each"?

I think if Trump wins, we won't see that. But in the unlikely event Biden wins, in the insterstitial between election and inauguration, I expect gun prices to soar to astronomical levels. Incomprehensible levels.

What is the tipping point there? Do you really want to try to balance being a warlord when everything goes to ****, and being "Man" in The Road, and having 2 rounds in a revolver to take care of you and "Boy" so you don't feel it when the cannibals get you? :eek:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Question for those of you who own plenty of guns that you don't plan on selling. At what price point do you start to take profit? 300%? 500%? 2,000%?

Things went crazy during the last panic. $5,000 to $10,000 plain Jane semi ARs. At what point do you say "I've got a few ARs. I could let a couple go for $5000 each"?

I think if Trump wins, we won't see that. But in the unlikely event Biden wins, in the insterstitial between election and inauguration, I expect gun prices to soar to astronomical levels. Incomprehensible levels.

What is the tipping point there? Do you really want to try to balance being a warlord when everything goes to ****, and being "Man" in The Road, and having 2 rounds in a revolver to take care of you and "Boy" so you don't feel it when the cannibals get you? :eek:

Depends. Do you ever see prices coming down? It doesn't make sense to sell to make a profit if the long term outlook is continually rising prices.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne

"Plane Jane" ARs brining 5000-10000 was not the norm, and any gun broker listings ending THAT high where probably shill bidders. Sports and other basic ARs hovered around $1000 from what I recall.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    "Plane Jane" ARs brining 5000-10000 was not the norm, and any gun broker listings ending THAT high where probably shill bidders. Sports and other basic ARs hovered around $1000 from what I recall.

That's what I was thinking. I don't remember any plain-Jane $5000 ARs. M&P-15 Sports and PSA were a bit north of $1000.

Katana1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Just wondering what you've seen lately, because I've been doing private sales or internet purchases for the last few years. I'm not intentionally doing that, it's just how it's worked out.

Are your local shops stocked, and what are prices like?

If they have any inventory, you have two choices... Take it, or Leave it!

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I follow USDS on their facebook page. They are pretty good about announcing when they get a new shipment but from what I've seen they don't last long when they do.

I was in there, Thursday, and even with (4) employees that day, they had a hard time keeping up.
    (two owners, plus two employees)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom