Have you ever tried to argue with an idiot?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    My neighbor is is big anti-gun. She was at a party at our house, and the subject of guns came up. One of my buddies asked her "If you knew someone was one the other side of that door trying to break in to harm you or your kids, wouldn't you want a gun?" At that she said, "No. If God decides it's my time to go, then it's my time to go."

Of course I explained to her that some crack addict was not going to decide if it was my time or not, but she just said "Nope you're right, God will" At that point, my buddy just got fired up, and tried like hell to convince her she was wrong. I just listened with a smile on my face, knowing there was no way to change her mind, like I knew there was no way she could change mine or his.

Ever had that conversation?

sweddle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    I agree. The crack head may need her more than her family! Religion and politics are the two most argued views that there is no way to win. Tilt your beer and laugh at them.

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    takes two idiots to argue that one,let the crack guy have her

Can't let that happen, I really like her! If I can help her, I will.

So because she has a different opinion than your's, she's an idiot?
    Maybe this will explain it better: When my buddy asked her; "what if that guy was just coming to rape your daughter?" Then she said "Then God will give her the strength to get over it".

THAT'S what make her an idiot. I don't doubt that she will find the strength to someday get over it. But there's no way that's going to happen in MY house.

Originally Posted by sweddle
    Religion and politics are the two most argued views that there is no way to win. Tilt your beer and laugh at them.

That's exactly what I did.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Heck, she doesn't need a gun, just a sign in her yard pointing crack addicts to your house.

Coydog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2010
    Fort Greenwood
    What if there were no such thing as a hypothetical question? To be fair there was no crack head.

Jesusjerk.jpg
    [/IM
    Jesusjerk.jpg
    G]

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Idiot, no. Victim yes. There have always been people like that around. 21% of the population did not want to go to war with Japan after they bombed Pearl Harbor. I think the correct way to classify her would be Pacifist.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I wouldn't necessarily call her an idiot. At least she didn't say that no one should have a gun. What she feels about the defense of herself and family is her business, but once she tries to use that logic as it relates to my family, then she becomes an idiot.

Since I was deployed to Panama in 1989, I have believed the statement of my Company's Chaplain: "Trust in the Lord, but keep your powder dry."

1LuvGuns

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Anderson, IN
    Yes, I've had that type of conversation before, nowadays I just sit back and watch the entertainment unfold. All I can say is if she believes it's God's will more power to her - I just prefer to tilt the odds in my favor.

Top Bottom