• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Now if you're saying that the "really guilty people" shouldn't get all those appeals, then I have to ask - How do we KNOW they are "really guilty" as opposed to just "guilty". Someone has to make that determination.

That's why I am against the death penalty. .

You sad little criminal-coddling sissy-boy.

There's a perfectly simple and inexpensive way to determine "really, really guilty." You simply sketch out a brief outline on the internet, a paragraph should do, and then let the folks on the internet decide. They'll probably come up with a real good punishment, too.

You see, when it comes to OC harrassment or gun confiscation, or traffic stops where the cops lie or get it wrong, the system can't be trusted. When it comes to capital crimes, however, the system turns flawless.

So stop being a sissy-boy and help us lynch these folks.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I just hope that you don't ever get wrongfully convicted and executed for something before the system can uncover the mistake through appeal.

And I hope the neighbors don't treat your family like Pieces of S*** before your name gets cleared.

I want to be clear...I said once they are found guilty.
    And yes people make mistakes.....I can't ever see me doing anything to get wrongfully convicted....I don't commit crimes, so therefore I won't have to worry about that.

Last edited:

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    You sad little criminal-coddling sissy-boy.

There's a perfectly simple and inexpensive way to determine "really, really guilty." You simply sketch out a brief outline on the internet, a paragraph should do, and then let the folks on the internet decide. They'll probably come up with a real good punishment, too.

You see, when it comes to OC harrassment or gun confiscation, or traffic stops where the cops lie or get it wrong, the system can't be trusted. When it comes to capital crimes, however, the system turns flawless.

So stop being a sissy-boy and help us lynch these folks.

:yesway: ;)

And yes people make mistakes.....I can't ever see me doing anything to get wrongfully convicted....I don't commit crimes, so therefore I won't have to worry about that.

Um, yeah, that's why you would be WRONGLY convicted if you ever were. :n00b:

You think it can't happen? You have more trust in the system than I do. There are plenty of people who have been wrongly convicted who have been found innocent later when better investigative tools came along, the true guilty party confessed or even when simply being represented by a competent lawyer who gave a crap.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO

Case:

Dennis Williams, convicted by eyewitness testimony and "hair matching evidence" not once, but twice, and sentenced to death in 1978, and again in 1985. The witnesses got reduced sentences for their testimony.

The police had a tip about it being other men, but didn't follow up. Later, one of the men confessed, which was corroborated by the hair matching his DNA, but not matching Williams's.

Released in 1996.

Under your method, he'd be dead and no one would have ever found out that an innocent man was executed. It was pretty much by accident that this was resolved at all.

This is just an example, I can give you lots more if you like.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Point taken, maybe I made a hasty statement after reading the link to the story.
    It just really made me mad, that these guys were already planning on telling detectives that the shooting was an accident.
    There just seems to be so much injustice in our world today, that I would like too see some justice done.
    It seems that young people today don't value life at all. That killing someone for their money is just part of "doing business".
    It is just really sad that a young man lost his life for nothing.
    Let's hope our justice system works.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Point taken, maybe I made a hasty statement after reading the link to the story.
    It just really made me mad, that these guys were already planning on telling detectives that the shooting was an accident.
    There just seems to be so much injustice in our world today, that I would like too see some justice done.
    It seems that young people today don't value life at all. That killing someone for their money is just part of "doing business".
    It is just really sad that a young man lost his life for nothing.
    Let's hope our justice system works.

You know, you might not be cut out for this internet stuff, if you actually acknowledge other people's good points and act all reasonable and stuff. Maybe you should find another hobby.:D

I get your point and it's easy to let frustration bubble up. The thing to remember is there have always been bad folks in the world who'd kill you for a little money. It's a big part of the story of human history. One of the great accomplishments of our founders was to look past that and set up a system that protects the innocent first, and punishes the guilty second.

critter592

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    North Central, IN
    I find it interesting that people around here don't trust cops and prosecutors and judges when it comes to enforcement of gun laws, but they're just sure that those guys get it all right all the time when it comes to capital murder cases.

Appeals are to make sure the cops and prosecutors and judges didn't make the same screwups you guys are so hard on when it's about guns. There aren't 1000 of them, either.

Severity of punishment has never been shown to be a deterrent.

Agree 100%. Reps.

Praetorian13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Northern, Indiana
    Wow, his gun accidentally went off after he hit the man with the gun. Strange how accurate the accidental shot was? Now our tax money will have to pay for this low lifes broken hand for punching that wall. I seriously hope that what goes around, comes around for these four scum.

Top Bottom