Head of NAACP in WA lied about her race.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Sure they are Que...they promote one RACE over the rest. For no other reason than race. They are racists.

An NAAWP organization would be seen immediately as the racist organization it would be.

Why don't they just own up to it. United Negro College Fund...another racist organization that we allow to exist...What if there was a United WHITE FOLKS College Fund? I can hear the outcry.

MLK jr, hated segregation politics...and here we are segregating by race STILL 50 years later.

Okay, fine.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Before we say she lied, I would check the parents background. Maybe she accepted something of which her parents were ashamed. Very much like Martin Sheen and Amilio Estevez.

Emilio.....

And let's not forget Linda Ronstadt...She dropped her Latin surname as well...Because Lord knows Americans are not going to accept a Latin musician..I mean look at Freddie Fender, Desi Arnez, the Mavericks....Whoops....I just killed my "American's are all Bigots" argument didn't I????

As a side note mom was pregnant with me at the same time Lucy was pregnant and I got my nickname "Ricky" (from Richard) due to that.....If it were not for the Latins I may have turned out to be a Dick instead...Wait a minute...Many people think I actually am a Dick.....I really am a Rick but sometimes I guess (if I want) I can be a Dick..It just depends I guess.:)

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    But all people can join, which makes it distinct from the KKK.:D

The NAACP is simply a 14th Amendment enforcement organization. Nothing wrong with that.

14th Amendment - 1868
    NAACP - 1909 in answer to numerous lynchings of black men and women in Illinois.

I wonder why it took 41 years.

The NAACP was formed partly in response to the continuing horrific practice of lynching and the 1908 race riot in Springfield, the capital of Illinois and resting place of President Abraham Lincoln. Appalled at the violence that was committed against blacks, a group of white liberals that included Mary White Ovington and Oswald Garrison Villard, both the descendants of abolitionists, William English Walling and Dr. Henry Moscowitz issued a call for a meeting to discuss racial justice. Some 60 people, seven of whom were African American (including W. E. B. Du Bois, Ida B. Wells-Barnett and Mary Church Terrell), signed the call, which was released on the centennial of Lincoln's birth.

Other early members included Joel and Arthur Spingarn, Josephine Ruffin, Mary Talbert, Inez Milholland, Jane Addams, Florence Kelley, Sophonisba Breckinridge, John Haynes Holmes, Mary McLeod Bethune, George Henry White, Charles Edward Russell, John Dewey, William Dean Howells, Lillian Wald, Charles Darrow, Lincoln Steffens, Ray Stannard Baker, Fanny Garrison Villard, and Walter Sachs.
    Echoing the focus of Du Bois' Niagara Movement began in 1905, the NAACP's stated goal was to secure for all people the rights guaranteed in the 13th, 14th, and 15th Amendments to the United States Constitution, which promised an end to slavery, the equal protection of the law, and universal adult male suffrage, respectively.

The NAACP's principal objective is to ensure the political, educational, social and economic equality of minority group citizens of United States and eliminate race prejudice. The NAACP seeks to remove all barriers of racial discrimination through the democratic processes. The NAACP established its national office in New York City in 1910 and named a board of directors as well as a president, Moorfield Storey, a white constitutional lawyer and former president of the American Bar Association. The only African American among the organization's executives, Du Bois was made director of publications and research and in 1910 established the official journal of the NAACP, The Crisis.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    I just want to say that I'm not a racist. I don't even see race. Not even my own. People tell me I'm white and I believe them because I just devoted six minutes to explaining how I'm not a racist!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I opined about this in the facepalm thread.

Sometimes liars are just liars. Stop tolerating and indulging these kinds of people.

Dolezal just did it for the money. The person on the cover of magazines promoting a reality show is the one with purest of motives.

The NAACP is standing behind her, of course. The reason we debate definitions is because the left keeps changing definitions mid-argument. The second you allow this crap, "cisracial" and "transracial" become the new norm, and if you disagree with them, you're a bigot.

And, some humor:

CHUHFpyUYAA9Qcg.jpg:large

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    This is a Zero of a story. I will say that the NAACP and most other Black American Rights Groups would be better served if it would bring to light more accomplishments of Black Americans (that comment isn't really directed so much at the NAACP. They need to do more interviews with successful people and instead of just showing up for all the negativity. And they need to recognize the people of other races do stand up for there causes. Are you listening Al Sharpton? I kind of doubt it.

I dont understand her reasoning behind the race deception. But It would appear you can now be any sex, race or religion you what by just saying it's so. It now socially excepted and the government is agreeing. Her heart is in the right place. But I can't understand how she can empithize with Black Americans without having walked the walk. I am still a little old school I guess.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Her lie and her response to questions about her lies.

Laughably bad is a good assessment.

As a trained investigator, would you not agree that the woman in the video was showing some classic signs of deception? Like, doesn't she come across as a big fat liar?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The issue with her is not a white person being a member, or local officer, of the NAACP.

It's that she claimed to be of a race she was not. Her parents have gone on the records as to their European ancestry and no one has disputed it. She had taken actions to make her appearance to be more consistent with her claims.

No it's not the biggest deal in the world, but there's no denying it's odd.

...at least it wouldn't have been a few weeks ago. Now, I guess since all things are relative, she can be whatever she claims.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Sure they are Que...they promote one RACE over the rest. For no other reason than race. They are racists.

An NAAWP organization would be seen immediately as the racist organization it would be.

Why don't they just own up to it. United Negro College Fund...another racist organization that we allow to exist...What if there was a United WHITE FOLKS College Fund? I can hear the outcry.

MLK jr, hated segregation politics...and here we are segregating by race STILL 50 years later.

Well guess who is wrong again? I really wish you'd fact check before stating untruths. Would you like me to give you a number of examples of the NAACP representing the interests of on-board groups, which of course would make your claim wrong?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The radio said this morning that she covered her lie with (paraphrasing) "We all originated on the African continent" so I guess she was telling the truth.

Well, then, we'll have to press that issue in court! Let's not forget there is original matriarchal DNA from Asia, after all. Heh.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The issue with her is not a white person being a member, or local officer, of the NAACP.

It's that she claimed to be of a race she was not. Her parents have gone on the records as to their European ancestry and no one has disputed it. She had taken actions to make her appearance to be more consistent with her claims.

No it's not the biggest deal in the world, but there's no denying it's odd.

...at least it wouldn't have been a few weeks ago. Now, I guess since all things are relative, she can be whatever she claims.

Who knows, maybe Annie Leibovitz will do a photo spread with her for Ebony magazine. ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom