Head of NAACP in WA lied about her race.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    In at least one instance, she claimed an African-American guy was her father... but he isn't her father. She might've meant "father-figure" or something, but she said "father."

ETA: supporting links...

_83582980_66deffd6-84db-4166-a52a-e442d6d33076.jpg

Civil rights activist is 'pretending to be black' say her biological parents - BBC Newsbeat

If she lied she should be fired, period. Race isn't the question, integrity is.

Yeah, apparently she lied about a few things and THAT is unacceptable. With her hair and complexion, she could have been the rage among those desperately trying to look like her.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Yeah, apparently she lied about a few things and THAT is unacceptable. With her hair and complexion, she could have been the rage among those desperately trying to look like her.

Are you talking about her factory original hair and complexion, or the purposeful changes she made to both in order to enhance her deception?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Are you talking about her factory original hair and complexion, or the purposeful changes she made to both in order to enhance her deception?

The changes of course. There is a lot of money in tanning beds, weave, and implants these days.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    BTW, another article said that she was married (since divorced) from an African American man. If the guy in her pic was her (ex-)father-in-law, she could have defended that.

I'm a bit torn about how to feel about her. She probably had the actual abilities to be an effective leader, regardless of race or gender. If she had stuck to what is real, even if it was painful or more difficult at times, she may have been even more effective.

I feel sorry for her, mostly.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    BTW, another article said that she was married (since divorced) from an African American man. If the guy in her pic was her (ex-)father-in-law, she could have defended that.

I'm a bit torn about how to feel about her. She probably had the actual abilities to be an effective leader, regardless of race or gender. If she had stuck to what is real, even if it was painful or more difficult at times, she may have been even more effective.

I feel sorry for her, mostly.

I don't. When a lying liar gets this busted, they deserve it.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Laughably bad is a good assessment.

As a trained investigator, would you not agree that the woman in the video was showing some classic signs of deception? Like, doesn't she come across as a big fat liar?
    Yes, the fact that she ran away when questioned rather than putting fourth an honest response...largest red flag of them all.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    How can you be furious with Rachel Dolezal and simultaneously not the least bit irked with Elizabeth Warren?

Edit: This line directed at those on the left, rhetorically.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Welcome back to one of my few pet peeves. Race definition in America is useless. :) Kinda glad that it is getting near the point of absurdity. :D

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Everyone who criticized "Soul Man" as racist owes C. Thomas Howell a big apology. He was a LEADER!

[video=youtube;z2zMrjBLwn8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2zMrjBLwn8[/video]

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I do not think color should matter as long as the person holds the same values as the organization...This guy is African American but with my Native DNA I am quite a bit darker than he...Doesn't make him any less "black" or me anymore "white"....

Like most have commented, if she never deceived anyone about her race, and she's the NAACP president, no big deal. But she pretends that she's black. Well, that makes her dishonest and, frankly, kooky.

What's "laughably bad" about it?

Because she's a lunatic.

Nope, not even close. There are white members and leaders in the NAACP and white members of the NOI.

no problem with that at all. Diversity is good, no? Deception is bad, yes?

Twitter satirist extraordinaire Godfrey Elfwick trolled the hell out of the media.

This is gold.

#WrongSkin: Twitter campaign by white man who 'identifies as being black' goes viral - Mirror Online

That's funny.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I am tired of having a dog. He's a cat from now on. It's great to live in a world where now you can reject reality and substitute your own! :+1: I am sure other cats will except him for what he will be! And you thought liberalism wasn't good for anything.

I can't get him to like cat nip. There must be something wrong with him.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Everyone who criticized "Soul Man" as racist owes C. Thomas Howell a big apology. He was a LEADER!

Just watched the Trailer...Funniest part was "$10,000 for one year of tuition at Harvard Law School.." Now that's funny right there....The look on his face like "That is such a HUGE amount of money for a year at Harvard Law School...Living expenses $7000 per year...Gasp!!!!!! That's like $17,000 a year...Gulp...Whatever shall I do?????..":laugh::laugh::laugh:

I went and saw that with a Limey chick (er..uh...I mean English girl) I was dating back then......I remember leaving thinking "How can Tommy Chong be so ugly and have a daughter so hot?"

I think she got nekkid in "Quest for Fire" IIRC.....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom