• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    ... and the local gun shops thank you for your support.

Posts like this **** me off.

Not everyone has a LGS worth supporting or that carries reloading. I live in Muncie, I would rather Wal-Mart carry reloading stuff then drive 2 hours.

FredMcIntire

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Dec 24, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    Well, I think BillyBob and I had more fun at Andrews shop yesterday than Andrew did.

I have learned over the years, more so lately, that its not always about the price you pay. Its about knowledge and customer service. I can't tell you how many times I stopped by Andrews home at 11:30 at night, or later, to pick up supplies and get questions answered. He did this because he knew I worked late shift and it was convenient for me, not him. You will not find better customer service than Andrew gives to his customers.

Reloading is a venture where I'll patronize a guy who knows what he's doing over price. Sure, I'll snag a deal off INGO or another site if I can use the item. Just like Andrew buys from more than one vendor.

The point is, we need to support the local guy as much as possible. I remember when we didn't have a dedicated reloading shop in the area. I don't want to go back to those days.

Now I just have to pay for that damned dual RCBS Uniflow Powder measure I was forced to buy ! :D

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Not everybody will intentionally walk into a gun store, for a number of reason...bossy wives,
    feeling intimidated by their own ignorance, not sure if they really want a gun...
    Almost everybody goes into Walmart, maybe while the wife is shopping to fight boredom,
    they'll wander by the gun counter. It won't take long to figure out the checker is clueless.
    Maybe they'll look for answers elsewhere ....it doesn't matter where your customers
    find their desire for your product, if you offer good service and welcoming aditude they'll
    come back. A small supplier has one advantage over big box ...the ability to give
    knowledgeable good service. Experienced customers will usually figure that out.

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    If I'm not mistaken, didn't Sam Walton start out not to many years ago as a man running one store with impecable customer service.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    I know what this thread needs!!!

To step outside for a nice breath of fresh air!
    awesome-chivette-4.jpg

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    No clue who that is, just grabbed a random pic of thechive.com :-p was between boobs and bacon, and as sacrilegious as it is i like boobs more.

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    I met Andrew in person for the first time May of this year. I had a million questions about reloading and class 3 weapons. He answered everything I had to throw at him, and asked me if I had any more questions. He let me shoot 2 of his suppressed weapons, using his ammo, at no charge. As the months have passed I have developed what I feel is a pretty solid relationship with an outstanding guy. He answers any and ALL questions I have with absolutely no hesitation. He makes recommendations to me based off of his real world experience and expertise. He has let me use his equipment, abuse it, and tinker with everything I can get my hands on. Andrew is a stand up guy, who will treat you with class.

Getting to the point, I will always take my money to Profire Arms. His prices are on par with what you would pay online. The customer service is first class and honest experience. I, like many others, appreciate the heads up on the "everyday low prices" that Wal-mart may have to offer (honestly, I NEVER shop there), but most of us on here have had first hand experience with many LGS and will keep our money in house versus a gigantic, fortune 500 company that could care less about any one of us....

YoungGunLover

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I myself have never been to Profire or met Andrew, but from the site I have heard many great things about him. I'm sure he is a very stand up guy and from what I can see on the Internet, has great ammo prices. But I am located 2 hrs away from him. I plan on making a trip up there sometime, but being on a college budget, will probably buy my reloading equipment (whenever that might be) from the cheapest place possible. I really wish I could support my LGS more, but I can't justify passing up the 100 round value packs of .40 at Wally World for an LGS prices. LGS will always get my gun purchases unless a private sale. I'm not at all trying to suppress LGS's, but right now I am thankful for Walmart and their low prices on things. Hopefully one day I'm in a situation where I can support LGS's more. Just wanted to let you know that not all of us that buy from Walmart hate the LGS, it's just our situations.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    the ability to give
    knowledgeable good service. Experienced customers will usually figure that out.

thats not always a benifit to small business owners. i had a customer i spent well over a hour with on the phone, about 1 hour with in person and quite a few emails. long story short i walk him in to the perfect scope for his uses and hadnt heard from him for a couple weeks. he called me last night with a question about his new scope. he bought exactly what i recomended but he bought from chris at sport optics because our price was identical, we both shipped for free, but sport optics didnt have to collect tax so they were 30 bucks cheaper (his words). both sport optics and i have the same minimum price we are allowed to sell for so i cant lower my prices any more.

so basically my good customer service earned a big box store some money and i wasted alot of time that could have gone to my customers making them a sale.

needless to say i was not real helpful with the questions he had on his current scope

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    needless to say i was not real helpful with the questions he had on his current scope
    I understand this, but don't agree with it. It's an unfortunate part of business that I deal with as well.

OP, thanks for the info on WM having supplies you feel are at a good price. I'm glad you posted because someone else learned you about a LGS across the street. Maybe work out better for you that way. Knowledge and helpful people will win, no matter where they are.

I spend my money where I want and with who I want. Yes, financials play a part in it as well. But, we all have our own situations and values so i understand why people buy from a particular source. All I ask is if using someone for their wisdom and help, then at least give them the opportunity to make the sale. There is a LGS that sells reloading supplies near me who helped me out with a pres and a ton of info-once I get ready I will be back there and I would like to think he knows it. And it's because he was able to answer all my questions and made time to teach me. I have also bought ammo at WM and don't feel bad about it. It was an option that I chose to use.

This thread really needs to get back on track.

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    I understand this, but don't agree with it. It's an unfortunate part of business that I deal with as well.

OP, thanks for the info on WM having supplies you feel are at a good price. I'm glad you posted because someone else learned you about a LGS across the street. Maybe work out better for you that way. Knowledge and helpful people will win, no matter where they are.

I spend my money where I want and with who I want. Yes, financials play a part in it as well. But, we all have our own situations and values so i understand why people buy from a particular source. All I ask is if using someone for their wisdom and help, then at least give them the opportunity to make the sale. There is a LGS that sells reloading supplies near me who helped me out with a pres and a ton of info-once I get ready I will be back there and I would like to think he knows it. And it's because he was able to answer all my questions and made time to teach me. I have also bought ammo at WM and don't feel bad about it. It was an option that I chose to use.

This thread really needs to get back on track.
    IMHO it went off track at the second post.

Top Bottom