Health Code Violations at Bedford Golden Corral?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    My Aunt Carol, rest her soul, used to call GC "the hog trough".

Last time I ate there, I looked around and noted that the average body weight of the customers was probably 300 lbs, and people were probably eating 3-4 times what they needed to eat. (Not that I'm judging, because I'm not a small girl myself.)

They're in training!

watch

[video=youtube;lAcK7MTBwlI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAcK7MTBwlI[/video]

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    The first problem is you are eating at the Golden Corral in Bedford.

Dirty Steve

Here's the thing, if you are going to eat at a Golden Corral, then the one in Bedford is generally cleaner and with noticeably better prepared food than those in most other places. It is not the ghetto, often grungy looking GC you find in Indy and other larger cities. Also, not really any better options in Bedford unless you know how to get to couple of off the main drag places and even then it is still not many to choose from.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So many food snobs here ?

I would bet a lot of them are the same people that won’t go to a Wal Mart but will go into a Target?

Golden Corral is great you can get whatever you want and don’t have to wait! The one in Bedford is much nicer than others I have frequented some are well let’s just say the visitors to the “feed trough” were less than desirable. I know if I was in the Bedford Smoke-in joes would be my pick.

BLUF

1. A first world problem a place that has tons of food for cheap, most people in the other areas of the earth will never see that much food ever.

2. Americans really need to travel, buffet is a American thing I have witnessed a few Chinese ones in U.K. and smelly cheese buffet in France.

3. Many people are dying everyday because their immune systems have never developed because of hand sanitizer ect.

4. Any food that is prepared by another person will possibly have bodily fluids, hair and dirt, bugs ect.

5. You do know that you are a product of many millions of years of evolution?
    To quote a Very Strange SERE instructor
    “You can eat just about anything and live not unlike a pig, it’s your mind that’s in the way ”

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    Years ago I was a professional tourist (Truck Driver). Early on I learned to order food that they have to cook, not something that's been sitting on the steam table for the 3rd or 4th day.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    1. A first world problem a place that has tons of food for cheap, most people in the other areas of the earth will never see that much food ever.

Golden Corral isn't cheap. I can take my family to Logans Roadhouse and eat for $50 with tip. Golden Corral will run me $70 easily.

Plus every time I go there, I feel like I have to eat several plates just to get my money's worth and I end up leaving feeling terrible. Ugh.

WanderingSol07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2017
    North Central
    After watching a kid drop the serving spoon on the floor at a buffet and then pick it up and put it back into the food, I have never gone to or used a buffet again.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    After watching a kid drop the serving spoon on the floor at a buffet and then pick it up and put it back into the food, I have never gone to or used a buffet again.

The last time (last time) I went to GC was after watching unsupervised kids repeatedly dip their fingers into the dessert bar contents.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    My wife and I swore off buffets when the kids were young and we realized we were never at the table at the same time.

The kids aren't young anymore, but we really haven't felt the draw back. I'm not much for high falutin, but I reached a point in my life where I prefer to have food brought to me. Granted, usually, it's at a Greek family diner.

Buffet or not buffet, do what you want to do, but if the food is good, I'm not worrying about some little incidents. I have never had food poisoning. Probably never will. Food poisoning seems to be more of an individual thing. You either get it or you don't. I don't. Neither do my wife or kids...but if we spent our time analyzing every little thing restaurant staff did, I'm sure we would.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    The nastiest food thing ever!

Chocolate Fountain

Watch the people and children stick fingers and half eaten food into it!

BTW
    All buffets have kids (germ machines) running wild.
    I was witness to about a five or six year old going down the food line takin bites out of chicken and licking spoons!
    I think that was a Sirlion Stockade in Texas!

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Decades ago when I was a teen, there was a MCL Cafeteria at the College Mall in Bloomington Indiana. A couple of my friends worked there. They warned me to that, quote, "the same rags we wipe baby **** off the seats with to we use to wipe everything else".

That was my first real "A Ha!" insight into Public Health, restaurant cleanliness, disease vectors, and the like. I have acted accordingly since.

With a career in the military I have eaten in less than pristine conditions, and the above experience has not stopped me from eating "fast food" on the streets of middle eastern villages (shoarma, mmmmmmm!), but I do kind of run a "probability of explosive bowels" analysis when I eat out. :) Thus I will not eat at the local Chilis, because the place is filthy and they just don't care. At least those roadside shoarma places I could see them roasting their lamb/goat/whatever. It was damn hot. And mighty fine eats. And now I'm hungry.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Just about every time the wife would come to visit me in Bloomington she would take me to lunch at that MCL. I always liked their Beef Manhattan there.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    The nastiest food thing ever!

Chocolate Fountain

Watch the people and children stick fingers and half eaten food into it!

BTW
    All buffets have kids (germ machines) running wild.
    I was witness to about a five or six year old going down the food line takin bites out of chicken and licking spoons!
    I think that was a Sirlion Stockade in Texas!
    Agreed! But it was NASTY, before it even hit the buffet, something about melting chocolate, and mixing it with loads of vegetable oil to get it liquid, YUCK!!!

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    The sneeze shield is further away from all of the serving utensils that every single customer coonfingers to pile all them carbs and fat grams onto their (hopefully) clean second, third, fourth plate. Watch everyone around you pick/wipe their nose, rub their eyes, sneeze (rarely) into their closed hand before going back to the trough for more. Avoid places with sneeze shields and buffet-style serving at any cost.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Has NO ONE Ever Worked FAST FOOD while in HS. GC would be the Least of My Worries. Ever Wonder what was in the 'Special Sauce" or the Egg Wash. Be CLUELESS, EAT and Be HAPPY :rolleyes:

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Has NO ONE Ever Worked FAST FOOD while in HS. GC would be the Least of My Worries. Ever Wonder what was in the 'Special Sauce" or the Egg Wash. Be CLUELESS, EAT and Be HAPPY :rolleyes:

Yes, and a lot of sit down type places where the kitchens are not in full view of the dining room are probably not much better.

My wife and I swore off buffets when the kids were young and we realized we were never at the table at the same time.

The kids aren't young anymore, but we really haven't felt the draw back. I'm not much for high falutin, but I reached a point in my life where I prefer to have food brought to me. Granted, usually, it's at a Greek family diner.

Buffet or not buffet, do what you want to do, but if the food is good, I'm not worrying about some little incidents. I have never had food poisoning. Probably never will. Food poisoning seems to be more of an individual thing. You either get it or you don't. I don't. Neither do my wife or kids...but if we spent our time analyzing every little thing restaurant staff did, I'm sure we would.

If you like the variety of a buffet but want it brought to you, then it would seem a Brazilian Steakhouse would be a perfect fit but I'm pretty sure the one in your area closed a few years back. I don't make it to the Valpo area as much as I used to but Kelsey's was always the first option when I did.

Top Bottom