Health Code Violations at Bedford Golden Corral?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I worked at a Ponderosa during my younger days. I can honestly say, we kept that place very clean. Granted that was several years ago.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    ***WARNING LANGUAGE***
    [video=youtube;WlKr-yg-y5I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlKr-yg-y5I[/video]

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I never worked in fast food or any type of Scarf-n-Barf but I had plenty of friends and/or acquaintances that did.
    I also drive an ex-copcar and I will never go to a drive though with it. EVER!

Guys I knew working in a KFC would use one of the "Dropped" pieces that they have kicked around all day as their "Cop Special". Just pick out the obvious hairs and dirt and throw it in with the order. This was very similar with all the places I knew people that worked.

I don't know how cops do it now days. I really don't.

On the bright side, I knew a lot of kids that worked in donut shops growing up and they never dissed on cops, so there's that. :yesway:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Yes, yes, you can quickly overthink restaurant sanitation. That goes the other way too.

You may be better off seeing the "hog trough" you are looking at rather than what's going on in the back of the house.

Bloomington has had problems with hepatitis A at a couple different restaurants recently. You know where that comes from, right?

Best bet; Cook at home using safe food handling practices.

​.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Decades ago when I was a teen, there was a MCL Cafeteria at the College Mall in Bloomington Indiana. A couple of my friends worked there. They warned me to that, quote, "the same rags we wipe baby **** off the seats with to we use to wipe everything else".

That was my first real "A Ha!" insight into Public Health, restaurant cleanliness, disease vectors, and the like. I have acted accordingly since.

With a career in the military I have eaten in less than pristine conditions, and the above experience has not stopped me from eating "fast food" on the streets of middle eastern villages (shoarma, mmmmmmm!), but I do kind of run a "probability of explosive bowels" analysis when I eat out. :) Thus I will not eat at the local Chilis, because the place is filthy and they just don't care. At least those roadside shoarma places I could see them roasting their lamb/goat/whatever. It was damn hot. And mighty fine eats. And now I'm hungry.
    Worked for MCL early in my working career. Started as a pot-boy washer and ended as an Assistant Manager ($160 a week plus all you can eat). This was for a 60 hour week, sometimes more.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    There's one in Portage and one in South Haven.

i was a 15 year resident of South Haven (moved out in 2014). It was my go-to.

I used to be a big Broadway Cafe fan....the illegal gambling allegations made it all the more interesting. Now, it's like it never existed.

Oh, and Grand Park on Mississippi in Merrillville- small place. Good place. It was just down from my former office overlooking Gander Mountain.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Oh, and Grand Park on Mississippi in Merrillville- small place. Good place. It was just down from my former office overlooking Gander Mountain.

Our dog groomer is just down the street from Grand Park. Sometimes when the dogs aren't quite ready yet, we'll duck into Grand Park for coffee and Baklava.

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    The GC closed decades ago in Martinsville. The GC in Bloomington closed a year or two ago. The GC in Plainfield is the only one left in our commuting area. My FIL, who lives with us, insisted on going to the CG in Bloomington often and I was happy when it closed.
    You have not seen greed until you have been to GC on Veteran's Day for the free meal. The place is packed with a line out the door, the patrons are often nasty in hygiene and behavior. I am a vet so I appreciate the free meal but I would much rather go somewhere else like Texas Corral.

Now our Friday night trip is to the China Buffet in Martinsville, which I now equally despise. The food isn't bad but when it's the same every week... But, the owner makes over my 85-year old FIL and brings him fresh frog legs right to the table so it makes his day to eat there.

Having worked in many low end and high end kitchens over the years, I have seen filth all around, especially in their ice machines. The cleanest place I ever served was Bob Evans. They were spotless. Ironically my FIL doesn't like eating there...

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    will not go back after a cockroach ran across the g/f sunglasses on our table....that was last year...

Cucaroaches are Tasty, Toast them FIRST, Add a little Garlic, TASTES like CHICKEN. IF NO ROACHES, Pesticides used Extensively. ALL Restaurants have Mice, Bugs, etc. You might NOT see them BUT they've been there or on their way ;)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The GC closed decades ago in Martinsville. The GC in Bloomington closed a year or two ago. The GC in Plainfield is the only one left in our commuting area. My FIL, who lives with us, insisted on going to the CG in Bloomington often and I was happy when it closed.
    You have not seen greed until you have been to GC on Veteran's Day for the free meal. The place is packed with a line out the door, the patrons are often nasty in hygiene and behavior. I am a vet so I appreciate the free meal but I would much rather go somewhere else like Texas Corral.

Now our Friday night trip is to the China Buffet in Martinsville, which I now equally despise. The food isn't bad but when it's the same every week... But, the owner makes over my 85-year old FIL and brings him fresh frog legs right to the table so it makes his day to eat there.

Having worked in many low end and high end kitchens over the years, I have seen filth all around, especially in their ice machines. The cleanest place I ever served was Bob Evans. They were spotless. Ironically my FIL doesn't like eating there...

FWIW, there's a Golden Corral in Greenwood, on 135 South, between Fairview and Main St.. Probably closer than Plainfield.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/G...a2a4465f2c364f!8m2!3d39.6162701!4d-86.1603265

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    We had our rehearsal dinner there :rockwoot:

It was pretty good if I recall correctly but that was a long time ago, we would go there sometimes when mom had lunch with dad up at the shop.
    I remember the ice cream machine. Didn't they have a serve yourself coke tap too, like 2 or 3 choices?

Top Bottom