• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    and the thread just kept giving more and more... then he tried to claim again that a property owner can't keep him out... then we have some guy inventing laws about not being allowed to carry in bars... then we learn we have some fellas that are into hand upholstery work... :ingo:

You reminded me...I have this fainting couch I'm needing re-holstered--I mean reupholstered.

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    this has got to be a troll thread... who the hell would do such a thing?

Image.ashx

drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Yes they can ban you.

Its called Trespass.

Their property, their rules.

Generally speaking, never unholster a weapon in a public place. Bad form, good way to get tossed out.

If anything, be happy they didn't call the police and request you be formally 'trespassed' off the property. Doing that would legally ban you from the property. They did you a favor, said stay away for the rest of the year. What you did was pretty silly.

:buddies:

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Thanks, Obviously new to CCW. I am signed up for a NRA training course next month and will not carry until then. I have already reached out to management to discuss the situation and continue my apologies. I was a tall man before tonight but have read each post and taken in each with respect and understanding for the responsibility of gun ownership. Thanks to those who reprimand but encourage. I will be dragging my less than 2 inch self off this forum for today but will revisit to drill down on how bad my decision was. Thank you.

op, you admited to your mistake, you are doing something about it!, sounds like you have learned a lesson so +1 rep for you!

everybody makes mistakes, how you handle your mistake determines weather its a problem or not!, you made a mistake, and you are suffering for it!

they say ingo is the friendliest gun forum on the net, most members are, some are not!.

good luck with your class, stay safe! be safe, practice gun safety

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    I recently concealed carry to a gathering at one of the nicest restaurants in Indy. My group was at the bar and as the night was winding down for our group around 8pm I hugged my friends goodbye and was found out for carrying. My friend wanted to see my Springfield 1911 EMP 9mm. Without thinking it through I unholstered and unloaded the gun before showing it to him at the bar. The bartender noticed and requested I put it away, which I did immediately and left. I went back to the establishment and apologized to the bartender. He informed me that I am no longer welcome and should not come back for awhile. I respected his wishes and stayed away for a month. I showed up tonight and he said I am banned for an extended period. He mentioned to my friend that I should not come back in 2013. Does he or the restaurant have the authority to ban me for any period of time for my actions?

Yes, and never play show and tell in public with your weapon.

Kev

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    South Bend
    Anyone else picture the scene from "Airplane" where the woman was getting hysterical... and people were getting in line to shake..smack..beat.. with various weaponry?

:bat::bat::bat::bat:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    OP you messed up and you know it, learn from it. That is about all I'm going to say on that because you've been beaten up enough and any more will be just :horse:.

What I am going to say is that you came on here asking if they can ban you, you must be f'ing kidding me. Yes I understand that it may be a problem with your work, but oh well. It's a private business, they can allow or not allow anyone for almost any reason they feel like. Except race/sex/religion. You actually think you should be allowed back in if they don't want you? And are asking if it's legal for them to ban you?

If my understanding of Indiana law is correct, you should not have been carrying in a bar if you were consuming alcohol. As for the ban, yes, they can do that. If they really wanted to push the matter, it is possible that you could have lost your license to carry. Any private business has the right to ban firearms from their premises, and if it is posted as such, violating their policy can result in revocation of your license if Law Enforcement gets involved. I'd say you got lucky.

About the only thing you were correct on is that yes they can ban him. It is legal to carry in a bar even while consuming alcohol. Might not be smart if you are consuming but legal.

Yes any private business can ban just about whatever/whoever they want from their establishment, but posting a sign doesn't mean anything. There may be an exception to that but only if the sign is worded in a certain way to deny entry. Not just a simple no guns, or no shirt no shoes no service type.

But ignoring that sign can not get your license revoked, at least not just for that. At the very worst you may get hit with trespassing a misdemeanor that will not effect your LTCH.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Yes they can ban you.

Its called Trespass.

Their property, their rules.

Generally speaking, never unholster a weapon in a public place. Bad form, good way to get tossed out.

If anything, be happy they didn't call the police and request you be formally 'trespassed' off the property. Doing that would legally ban you from the property. They did you a favor, said stay away for the rest of the year. What you did was pretty silly.

Seriously, WTF? It's not show and tell.
    YES to everything said above.

you are lucky they only told you to not come back for the test of the year.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'm very curious what establishment this is, as I'm more than a little surprised that they would recognize 1 customer out of the hundreds that they see every day.

Top Bottom