• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    I am in the market for a good EDC flashlight, my price range is somewhere around the $40-50 ish area, I would appreciate some recommendations!

I've been thinking about the streamlight PT1AA or the PT1L.....thoughts? Are there other brands out there that have similar lights but better reputations? Honestly I have really no knowledge in the flashlight area but I know a lot of people do!

I want something small enough that I can just clip onto my pocket like a knife, but not be a big bulge or uncomfortable.

Also, what's the best places to order from :dunno:

Thanks guys

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    Dang that thing is tiny with some serious output !! I really want something with a clip on it though. It will be considered! Thanks!! Anyone else?

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Sir, I will see your Nitecore for $70 and I'll raise you a Fenix PD30 for $65.

It's Brighter, Smaller, and Lighter. And it has more modes, like an SOS and Strobe Mode. It also comes with a great pocket clip. And it has so many accessories you can buy for it, the light cone that turns it into a lantern is really a must.

Fenix PD30+ R4 Flashlight FPD30BR4 FREE S&H F.PD30B-R4. Fenix Flashlights.

How about the PD20? It's pretty tiny. It's what I use.

Fenix's homepages

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    The Nitecore has a clip on it, that was one of my requirements too. I am probably going to be ordering a Fenix PD31 very soon though. 304 lumens is just too many to pass up ;)

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I got a PD30 and let me tell ya, its amazing. Best flashlight I have ever had, and i was an iNova fanboy for years

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I am a huge fan of my Nitecore and I don't see ditching it for something else, but rather adding a PD31 to the collection...Rhino style....

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Streamlight, Streamlight, Streamlight in your price range there are plenty of options from streamlight, but for a bit more.... Get a Stinger. Rechargable, durable. I have had one for 12+ years with rugged daily usage in the automotive repair trade. With daily use batteries are good for 3 years, bulbs are good for 1+ years. If you are looking for a smaller option consider the Strion . For as much as I use a light in my occupation I'd never consider anything that was not rechargable. Its been a great light, hammer, club, wheel chock.... There is not much it can't do.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Damn VUPDblue beat me with my own line of flashlight. Yes the Fenix PD31 is an amazing light, when you are lucky enough to find one, or where its not on backorder.

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    I just got the streamlight microstream for christmas. Really happy with it so far. has a clip. breakaway lanyard. 1 Triple A Battery. only 20 lumens, 1.5 hour battery life. It just really depends what ou want to do with an EDC light.

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    Thanks for the replies guys, I'm checking them all out! Hell I might order one tonight I guess.

FYI this place is great to deal with and they're out of OH, so no tax and fast ship.

Fox Public Safety Equipment |Public Safety Equipment Products | Firefighting Equipment | Police Gear | Police Gear

No tax and fast shipping.. YES!! There are so many options, right now it's looking like the streamlight or fenix. I am in NY at the moment and want it to be at my house on Wednesday for when I return. Get to go gun shopping too. Lots to look forward to! :rockwoot:

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Another thing to consider with a light...... modes??? FFFFFFFFFF that. I need 2 modes, on and off. ya strobe is cool, you'll likely never use it. The last thing I'm gonna think about in a sketchy situation is to double click my light. My 2 cents, it is a light, let it be. One less thing to worry about. Now if the light is used in a survival situation, modes are cool. They can save battery life and won't blind your neighbors. For EDC on and off is all I need.

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    pt2L .... I have one and it is great. I also have the pt2aa and it is great as well. The pt2L is much brigher and smaller than the 2aa.

Heres my review on both.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...mlight_pro_tac_2l_compact_tactical_light.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...iew_streamlight_pt-2aa_compact_tac_light.html

I found the lowest prices to be on ebay as of late. Flashlightdistributor.com is great place to buy the streamlight products from.

I actually watched your vids the other day!! That's where I got the interest in the streamlights. Guess I could rep ya ;)

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I don't know about that. I have a Stinger that has a few miles on it myself, but it doesn't fit the requirements that the OP specified.

Then you can attest to the durability of a Stinger. I have put a Stinger in many a bad situation. It has pounded a few nails, installed quite a few hubcaps, opened numerous beers, chocked a few wheels, found dropped 1's at the titty bar, it has propped up a Lincoln with a flat tire because the jack was junk... the list goes on and on but the fact is the Stinger goes on and on. I understand the OP did not want that size of light, but how many .380 shoppers end up with a .45?

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    Then you can attest to the durability of a Stinger. I have put a Stinger in many a bad situation. It has pounded a few nails, installed quite a few hubcaps, opened numerous beers, chocked a few wheels, found dropped 1's at the titty bar, it has propped up a Lincoln with a flat tire because the jack was junk... the list goes on and on but the fact is the Stinger goes on and on. I understand the OP did not want that size of light, but how many .380 shoppers end up with a .45?

HAHAHA! That makes me want one right there.

Top Bottom