• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • john67103

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 6, 2009
    Fishers
    I EDC a 4sevens Preon 2. Fits great in a pocket and has a few modes so the batteries(2AAA) last a long time. Its the size of a pen so it works well. On those days I need something that has a little more throw and durability I also carry the Surefire E1B, awesome little Cr123 with great throw.

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    I wish I would have seen this thread earlier.

I just order a Polytac LED. Seemed like a good light with a good price. IIRC it is 120 lumens. Now I am second guessing my purchase in favor of a Streamlight PT2L.

Hmmm, hope I didn't mess up.

Well I went ahead and ordered the Streamlight PT2L and a pack of 12-Steamlight CR123 batteries to go along with the Polytac LED that I ordered the other day.

This flashlight stuff is kinda addictive.

My next light will be a larger model, time to start researching it. :D

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Sir, I will see your Nitecore for $70 and I'll raise you a Fenix PD30 for $65.

It's Brighter, Smaller, and Lighter. And it has more modes, like an SOS and Strobe Mode. It also comes with a great pocket clip. And it has so many accessories you can buy for it, the light cone that turns it into a lantern is really a must.

Fenix PD30+ R4 Flashlight FPD30BR4 FREE S&H F.PD30B-R4. Fenix Flashlights.

This!^ I have the same light and absolutely love it! Its now my EDC light. Big trade up from a LED mini mag. :D

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    After reading all the responses on this topic I ordered the Streamlight PT2L the other day from Amazon.com and got it shipped to my door for $43.70. So far I'm really impressed with this flashlight!

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    UPDATE: DO NOT order from public-safety.com ..... I ordered on 12/27....long story short they wont be receiving my streamlight from streamlight until 1/7...then have to ship it to me! No where does it say it's not in stock or anything. Ticked off but pumped for the light!

EDIT: They did have the PT2L for 43.00 with free shipping..

toddk

Plinker
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Lake / Porter Co
    I love my River Rock brand flashlight.

Runs off of one AA battery, is an LED, and is plenty bright. Even has a pocket clip in it. Bought it at target, for 30 dollars. Went back bought two more the next week.

Not sure if they are sold elsewhere.

Prior to this one I carried a surefire E2E Executive. That one was nice as well.

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    Well I went ahead and ordered the Streamlight PT2L and a pack of 12-Steamlight CR123 batteries to go along with the Polytac LED that I ordered the other day.

This flashlight stuff is kinda addictive.

My next light will be a larger model, time to start researching it. :D

Well I received my PT2L on Tuesday along with a 12-pack of batteries.

This my first "good" flashlight. I can't believe how bright the little thing is. Pretty amazing compared to what I am used too.

I bought mine from Amazon, they had the best price, and free shipping. I think it only took like 3 working days to get it, can't beat that for free. A lot of the sites that I have been looking at, doesn't even actually stock the light, when it is clearly listed as "in stock" on their sites. I have ran into that with knives and other items as well.

I already have my next light in mind, (due to esrice's reveiw) the OLight M20 Warrior. I have it sitting in my "cart" right now, but I may head up to the 1500 this Friday or Saturday and see if a table may possible have one for sale there.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    UPDATE: DO NOT order from public-safety.com ..... I ordered on 12/27....long story short they wont be receiving my streamlight from streamlight until 1/7...then have to ship it to me! No where does it say it's not in stock or anything. Ticked off but pumped for the light!

EDIT: They did have the PT2L for 43.00 with free shipping..

told you, you should have ordered off OpticsPlanet

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I already have my next light in mind, (due to esrice's reveiw) the OLight M20 Warrior. I have it sitting in my "cart" right now, but I may head up to the 1500 this Friday or Saturday and see if a table may possible have one for sale there.

Both lights will be on display at the INGO table at the 1500. . . . not for sale, mind you, but you can certainly try before you buy! ;)

I will personally be there on Friday from 4 until close.

I'm glad to hear that your first impressions of the PT2L are positive ones. :yesway:

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    Both lights will be on display at the INGO table at the 1500. . . . not for sale, mind you, but you can certainly try before you buy! ;)

I'm glad to hear that your first impressions of the PT2L are positive ones. :yesway:

So now I have to track you down Friday to check out your knife and your lights. :laugh:

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    Well I received my PT2L on Tuesday along with a 12-pack of batteries.

This my first "good" flashlight. I can't believe how bright the little thing is. Pretty amazing compared to what I am used too.

I bought mine from Amazon, they had the best price, and free shipping. I think it only took like 3 working days to get it, can't beat that for free. A lot of the sites that I have been looking at, doesn't even actually stock the light, when it is clearly listed as "in stock" on their sites. I have ran into that with knives and other items as well.

So now I have to track you down Friday to check out your knife and your lights. :laugh:

Well, I was going to buy the OLight, but I just got a serious deal on a NIB Fenix. Guy on ebay had them for ~$80 shipped, I made him an offer of $55 and he accepted it. I sent him an email and told him I would take the other 3 he has at $55 each, and he told me he messed up when he accepted the $55 and can't sell me the other three for that price.

He was a stand up guy though and honored his acceptance of $55 shipped for 1 light.

I wanted the Olight, but for 55 bucks, I don't think I can go wrong with the Fenix. :)

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    Was it the TK15 or another model?

TK15 Brand new in box. He shipped it today. He has 3 more, but won't go under 70 bucks a piece on them. TK12's were $62 each. He also said he is getting in some Zero Tolerance 0350's next week, and he will have a "smoking deal" on them. He is supposed to email me when they come in.

Top Bottom