• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Hi I'm Delmar I am a Hi Point owner and a gun snob! I am down right snooty about the fact that I paid less for my entire arsenal, than some people pay for one handgun! So there:cool:

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Other than Hi-Points being one of the fugliest firearms ever made, I can't fault them on anything else. (Well maybe aftermarket mags) Both my pistol and carbine have always been reliable with any ammo I pump through them. They aren't terribly inaccurate either for their price. Keep the HP snob train alive!

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    It all depends what you can afford and what you prefer. I own a Hi Point 9mm carbine myself. But I would be willing to bet if someone offered you a real nice Glock in trade for your Hi-Point you would take it.

jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    I love my C9, had it ten years and never a problem, it even went through a house fire protected only by it's cardboard box, burned the box off of the pistol but the thing keeps on tickin'. I tell everybody that I love my hi point and prefer it to my Ruger .375mag wheel gun

ShootinDave

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Are you offering a trade?
    Just kidding. I already have a Glock, and the HP is just a fun gun (that works every time)

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Bored Delmar? :laugh: Haven't we been around this block before?

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/116286-hi_point_haters.html

As I've said before, Hi-Point pistols are just one small cosmetic change from being acceptable. . . .

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/47185-this_is_what_a_hi_point_should_look_like.html

az8f4p.jpg

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I never shot one or even held one in my hands so I cant talk about how reliable they are or how good they shoot.
    All I can say is that I dont like the look of the gun and for that reason only I wouldn't buy it.
    It's not because of the price that I think they are ugly, there are other guns that I dont find attractive who are $800 and up.
    Also from what I can see they are really thick and heavy.
    I wonder how many people actually carry them or maybe it's just not meant to be a carry gun.
    Anyway if one day I meet a Hi-Point owner at the range I would be more than happy to try it and hear what the owner has to say about it.
    We should all try to keep an open mind especially when like myself you never shot or held the gun.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    Extremely ugly guns... almost as ugly as a Glock. That being said, I loved my 9mm compensated. Bought it when I was 18 (well actually dad bought it) and had it for 7 years without a single malfunction. It even ate up the Brown Bear unlike my cousins G19.

Like esrice said, a little cosmetic makeover and easier takedown assembly and I'm sure they would be liked much more. :rockwoot:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Bored Delmar? :laugh: Haven't we been around this block before?

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/116286-hi_point_haters.html

As I've said before, Hi-Point pistols are just one small cosmetic change from being acceptable. . . .

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/47185-this_is_what_a_hi_point_should_look_like.html

az8f4p.jpg

The slide was made slimmer, that's the only change made on that picture?

I agree it looks a bit better like that, kinda looks like a Beretta 92.
    I still wouldn't call this a sexy gun but that's a start.

Come on Hi-Point could just copy other designs, everybody does it in the gun industry

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    The fact that it is so heavy can be a good thing. Once mag is depleted...Promptly take a baseball stance and knock someone out with a hi-point fastball.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Extremely ugly guns... almost as ugly as a Glock. That being said, I loved my 9mm compensated. Bought it when I was 18 (well actually dad bought it) and had it for 7 years without a single malfunction. It even ate up the Brown Bear unlike my cousins G19.

Like esrice said, a little cosmetic makeover and easier takedown assembly and I'm sure they would be liked much more. :rockwoot:

Oh no you didn't! :xmad:

2212552344_9d7074ddec.jpg

Top Bottom