• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    It all depends what you can afford and what you prefer. I own a Hi Point 9mm carbine myself. But I would be willing to bet if someone offered you a real nice Glock in trade for your Hi-Point you would take it.
    Sure would! Then I would sell it and buy another Hi Point and a good used shotgun!

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Hi I'm Delmar I am a Hi Point owner and a gun snob! I am down right snooty about the fact that I paid less for my entire arsenal, than some people pay for one handgun! So there:cool:

Ya, Well....I can Open Carry............................During the Daylight.
    Without bagging my head!
    :rockwoot:

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    They're fun to customize too

BLCM8ES

reno

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I have to admit, from my limited knowledge, I have never heard of one jamming. In fact, I have heard of guys ,,excust and maybe a gal or two, actually trying to get them to jam and couldn't

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    I had a HP 380.....put about 300 rounds through it one day and easily had 150 jams of some sort!!! No joke. I had heard they had all kinds of problems but didn't think it was anything to this degree. Sold it a few days after I bought it.

You get what you pay for....that being said, I'd honestly like to buy the 9mm just for a cheap "fun gun". Maybe run some torture tests on, not a bad idea to have one gun laying around that you don't mind nicking up.

Always heard great things about the carbines though. I'd definitely like to pick one of those up sometime!

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The Cheaper they are the more ammo you can buy. And If they go Bang every time you pull the trigger, and you can put rounds center of mass at a comfortable distance as far as I'm concerned there as good as any gun out there. That being said, I still love to have a Kimber, or a Wilson combat, or even Redneck Medics tricked out AR in .308! I had to keep a safe distance from it...I did not want to get my drool all over it. :D

watkins1988

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Indy
    my first hangun was a c9. sold it and havent seen one since then.
    man are they ugly!
    when i first got it right when i turned 21 i thought it was the best thing in the world lol.
    never malfunctioned though:D

watkins1988

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Indy
    The Cheaper they are the more ammo you can buy. And If they go Bang every time you pull the trigger, and you can put rounds center of mass at a comfortable distance as far as I'm concerned there as good as any gun out there. That being said, I still love to have a Kimber, or a Wilson combat, or even Redneck Medics tricked out AR in .308! I had to keep a safe distance from it...I did not want to get my drool all over it. :D

thats what im saying lol. mine never jammed but i like a good looking gun;)

stack23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    NWI
    love my 995ts and hi-points customer service and warranty is amazing... most people who bash hi-point have never actually fired one

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    I guess guns are like women, the more you drink, the prettier they get.:rolleyes:

Seriously, whatever people buy is their business.

I've been at the range, and talked to people that were just glowing like new parents over their mediocre gun find, and others over their awesome gun find. It's just what makes a person happy, and at the end of the day, that's all that matters.

So, VIVA LA HIGH POINT!!:D

There, how's that for an international flair to this thread.:)

Nightwalker65

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2011
    Seymour
    I don't have any personal experience with the pistols,and have heard a 50/50 split from people who do,but I have shot a couple of the 9mm carbines,and they're sweet little guns,accurate,reliable and lots of fun to shoot.....I'm going to be adding a 45 carbine to my collection(arsenal) as soon as the budget permits

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    I don't have any personal experience with the pistols,and have heard a 50/50 split from people who do,but I have shot a couple of the 9mm carbines,and they're sweet little guns,accurate,reliable and lots of fun to shoot.....I'm going to be adding a 45 carbine to my collection(arsenal) as soon as the budget permits
    I bought my 9mm carbine for $200 a little over a year ago. It is my favorite weapon. It seems like the price has been creeping up though. I was talking to a guy on the Hi Point forum who was getting ready to pay $300 for a new 995. I reminded him that Classic Arms
    Unadvertised Specials
    is selling the Saiga for about that! If I had an extra $300 right now I would sure pick up a Saiga 410!

Top Bottom