• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Stop. The. Presses.

I think, in perhaps totally INGO fashion, we're completely missing the emphasis of the OP.

Unbeknownst to us, the OP is actually getting AHEAD of the curve in anticipation of the legalization of marijuana. He's specifically recruiting for enforcers to do battle against "high" threats. Which, of course, is much easier than "high threats." Thus, the lower pay.

And all-you-can-eat Cheetos.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    1. I am looking for an individual with prior law enforcement experience for a high threat security detail in Granger, IN. The job should last until May 6th and possibly extend from there. Your gas and lodging is paid for and rate of pay is $21.00/ hr. If you or someone you know is interested please have them private message me for more details.

Not bragging but at over $45.00 an hour for OT I'll pass a er vague offer that you have no clue of the Caliber or qualities of people your working with.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    This begs the question: will anyone actually take a "high threat" security job for $21 per hour? If so, it's unlikely they are qualified to do the job because they know it's not worth risking your life for $21 per hour.

Maybe the OP's definition of "high threat" does not correlate well to our intuitive definition? Maybe it just means the job allows you to be armed, as opposed most security jobs that do not?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    $21 an hour doesn't even come close. I don't do that work for less than $1000 a day plus expenses.

You want the baddest man on the Internet you gotta pay for it.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    That's only because you're so HOT in pinstripe!!! (Assuming that's really you in your avatar!!!)

I look good in anything, but that was back in my uniformed days. I haven't worked part time in at least 7 years. My last gig was babysitting copper for IPL. I think that was roughly $45 an hour, and with strict instructions to not go inside the fence if a thief did as "things in there can reach out about 6' and kill you." Yessir, I'll sit right here and wait for him to come out, or folks who can tame electricity to show up and tell me it's ok to go inside. Maybe not then.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    This begs the question: will anyone actually take a "high threat" security job for $21 per hour? If so, it's unlikely they are qualified to do the job because they know it's not worth risking your life for $21 per hour.

Maybe the OP's definition of "high threat" does not correlate well to our intuitive definition? Maybe it just means the job allows you to be armed, as opposed most security jobs that do not?
    The local kiddie go-cart place pays around that to wander around in khakis and a polo shirt with a badge/gun on your belt. It is the opposite of high risk and they consistently can't get active LEOs to do it at that price point.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The local kiddie go-cart place pays around that to wander around in khakis and a polo shirt with a badge/gun on your belt. It is the opposite of high risk and they consistently can't get active LEOs to do it at that price point.

I'd only do it if I could get a go-cart with lights and a siren.

Once upon a time someone who is not me took his son to a go-cart track. Some a-hole was zig-zagging back and forth so no one could pass and his buddy could win, ruining the fun for everyone but him and his buddy. Someone who was certainly not me may, or may not have, done a PIT and put him in the wall on a curve. Allegedly. In a dream once. In Mexico.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis

Once upon a time someone who is not me took his son to a go-cart track. Some a-hole was zig-zagging back and forth so no one could pass and his buddy could win, ruining the fun for everyone but him and his buddy. Someone who was certainly not me may, or may not have, done a PIT and put him in the wall on a curve. Allegedly. In a dream once. In Mexico.
    Someone, who may or may not be me, spent a good amount of time driving the rabbit and chase cars on the PIT certification course. That person finds both executing and thwarting PIT maneuvers to be about as much fun as you can have with your clothes on.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville

Police Brutality!!!!

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Please tell me you can help me make that happen...When driving around the hills I sometimes feel that the neighbors do not "respect my authoritah".....

Respect-My-Authoritah-On-South-Park-Episode-When-Cartman-Becomes-a-Cop_408x408.jpg

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

My official opinion is that i don't think that's a crime, so someone shouldn't be so reluctant to take credit.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

This guy is interested.

:mallninja:

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I think every one is misreading the job description. Maybe they're not looking for a security officer against high threats. Looking for a security officer who is a high threat.

Anyway, since this thread has progressed (regressed?) to the point where posts deviate farther and farther from the original topic, this post:

I'd only do it if I could get a go-cart with lights and a siren...

reminded me a funny at Texas A&M's wind tunnel. Refill your beverage, this takes a couple minutes.

Next to the Texas A&M airport there is a wind tunnel, built [STRIKE]just[/STRIKE] after WWII ( in 1961 actually), using an aluminum B-29 propeller as 'the wind' source.

That wind tunnel does a lot of testing, on everything from military missile shapes to (really cool models of) floating oil rigs to Harley Davidson motorcycles.

Once they had a project to test a new model light bar for emergency vehicles that was getting blown off the top of Crown Vics every time a semi went past in the opposite direction. I saw this light bar. It was huge and looked like an alien space craft from a B movie. Not very tall, couple or three inches maybe very flat, but long oval shape, and must have had two dozen LED lights all around the edge, reds, blues, whites, probably a couple other colors in there for grins. When turned on it was pretty wild.

They cut the top off of a Crown Vic in the junk yard, put it on a pedestal, mounted the light, and blasted it with are while various mounting solutions were tried. When the project was over, the light bar company just gave it to the wind tunnel.

So what to do with it?

Well... across the street from the wind tunnel is the airport fire department. Every morning at 0800 is shift change, and the new shift opens all the garage doors, rolls the trucks out, turns on all the lights and sirens to check function, walks around the truck opening cabinets and kicking tires, etc etc. Every day at 0800.

So the wind tunnel people mounted this huge light bar on top of their small forklift and ran power to it. At 0800 the next morning when the fire department rolled out their trucks and started the tire kicking routine, the wind tunnel guys opened their garage door, rolled out the forklift, fired up the light bar, and walked around the forklift opening access doors and kicking the tires. They said the fire department got a big kick out of it, clapping and yelling at them.

Pretty cool looking forklift, probably the only forklift in Texas that qualifies as an emergency response vehicle.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom