• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I stay in the right lane except for on the rare occasion that I want to pass somebody. They have to be going quite a bit under the limit for me to feel the need.

I am content to let the leadfeet run their races while I spectate.

I get better fuel mileage and they get to wherever they are going 30 seconds faster. Win/Win

On our yearly 10 hour road trip to the UP driving 55 behind silver hairs verses 70-75 in Indiana and 80 in Michigan, with traffic is an extra hour or two, no thanks. We leave at 3pm this year, If we drive with traffic we would be there at 12am with stops, that's late enough.

BTW: I have a spotless driving record.

Last edited:

Hanu

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2011
    You are taking your life in your hand if you travel in the right lane east bound I-70 between Terre Haute and Brazil. That section of road is a hot MESS. I swear the tow truck drivers use a jack hammer on it once a week just so they can tow all of the blow outs.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I stay in the middle. Avoid the slow and the ones entering/exiting the interstate. I only go in to the far left lane to pass. It IS called the passing lane.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Also I hate it when a police officer follows me, so I prefer them in the fast lane. It's not patrolling when you follow the same cars the whole time like they would be if they went the speed limit. Plus it make those surrounding drivers paranoid and distracted, which endangers the officers and the drivers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZhdvl_P1Zc

Noland

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    N IN
    I also hate it when people drive too slow in the fast lane. All it does is congest the traffic and make the speeders impatient and sometimes aggressive.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    My 3 simple rules.

1. Keep right.

2. Use turn signals for lane changes.

3. Unless you are already in the right lane, if someone comes up behind you, move right and let them pass, regardless of speed limit.

Generally, I try to stay in the right lane. Since most people fail to follow my 3 simple rules and seem to like the middle and left lanes, I often do a lot of passing when I'm in the right lane. ;)

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    I drive in the left lane under three conditions.

1 passing
    2 preparing for a left turn
    3 after the car getting ready to pass has already passed me, slowed down, been passed by me, and now getting ready to pass again. At that point said car doesn't have curtesy rights anymore. He can pass on the right or just slow back down again.

Otherwise I try to stay on the right.

Therefore I voted for wherever I want.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    If you are not passing, GTFO of the passing lane. No if, but, what about him, it's safer, only when...

If you are not passing, GTFO of the passing lane. Moron.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    If you're in the left lane, and somebody overtakes you, either speed up or move over.
    How anybody can think it's "safer" to be one man traffic cop, and back up traffic behind them because they think we're going "fast enough" has always baffled me.
    Chain reaction pile-ups are NEVER safer.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    I stay in the left lane because I get tired of switching lanes at every overpass. If i know its gonna be a long stretch I will keep right, but I still drive where I need to.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    I stay to the right generally. I mostly drive 70, not too much 465 driving so my main worry is those fools who zip by me going 85...

Like my dad :):

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    And these are "professional drivers!"

I don't worry about moving over for law breakers.
    Stay away from my 18 wheels and 80,000lbs.
    It may not end well for you!

TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- Indiana State Police shut down the westbound lanes of Interstate 70 near Terre Haute on Monday after a domino-effect crash that involved eight tractor-trailers.

Sgt. Joe Watts, of the Putnamville post, said the crash happened at about 6:45 p.m. when the driver of the first truck came to a sudden stop near a construction zone.

Read more: 8 Semis Crash On I-70 - Indiana News Story - WRTV Indianapolis

10-4 Good buddy!

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I don't worry about moving over for law breakers.
    Stay away from my 18 wheels and 80,000lbs.
    It may not end well for you!

Most interstates have a lower speed limit for trucks than those not towing trailers.

It's also often posted they are to stay in the right lanes.

If you are in the passing lane and NOT passing, you are breaking the law.

I'd probably call it in to the state police as a drunk driver and the employer.

I don't think any of those will have much affect on me.

If you are NOT passing, don't be a moron and GTFO of the passing lane.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- Indiana State Police shut down the westbound lanes of Interstate 70 near Terre Haute on Monday after a domino-effect crash that involved eight tractor-trailers.

Sgt. Joe Watts, of the Putnamville post, said the crash happened at about 6:45 p.m. when the driver of the first truck came to a sudden stop near a construction zone.

Read more: 8 Semis Crash On I-70 - Indiana News Story - WRTV Indianapolis

10-4 Good buddy!

100 autos pile up, 4 wheeler morons: Troopers Sort Out Massive Pileups - Kansas City News Story - KMBC Kansas City

26 vehicles st. Louis: Massive traffic pileups, injuries in St. Louis - 14 WFIE, Evansville, Henderson, Owensboro

Multi-car pileup shuts down I-40 - A multiple car pileup on Interstate 40 caused authorities to shutdown all westbound lanes at Davis Drive Wednesday. | abc11.com

BTW I don't tailgate.
    Don't tailgate me because I don't want to have to wait for them to figure out what head goes to which body , when you decide to drive under the rear of my semi trailer.
    Don't drive alongside me (pass me and go on).
    Don't pass me, get in front of me and slow down and make an exit ramp!!!!!
    Don't try and fit your auto between me and the car in front of me. That is my safe stopping distance and you could very well end up dead!

Just stay the heck away from me.

That goes for other truck drivers too!:xmad:

Top Bottom